Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.10

on 16 March 2013
Great Collection
I didn't realize when I downloaded this free work; I would be getting four stories in one. Nice bonus
Let's get right to it.
First story is Dreambones. I'm still thinking about this one. It has moments of brilliance while at other times it left me flat, trying to figure out what was going on. Now remember, this a work of fantasy fiction.
An interplanetary scout, Rice is trying to find a new uninhabited planet for the Corporation. If he succeeds, not only will his bank account swell, but he could finally get in good with the Corporation. As it is, he carries a somewhat tarnished reputation and does his best to stay under the radar. Unfortunately for him, his scout ship the "Wandering Star" is on its last legs and instead of providing a smooth landing on the newfound planet, it becomes a hair raising, heart-thumping landing. He finds himself on a planet inhabited with intelligent Riss (dragons) and three other humanoid clans. He is disturbed to know there is already life on the planet even though, there are no records showing the planet already is inhabitated. An interesting premise.
There is a great mix on modern day technology with classic Medieval battles.
My problem with the story is the first chapter. There is no tie-in whatsoever with the rest of the story. Perhaps this will be addressed in the next work.
3.5 Stars

Second Story C.O.D.
Now this one is exciting. What happens when our unwary transport employees Dani and Ringer delivery a package twenty-eight years late to a very gracious host, Mr. Mason, excuse me, Squire Mason, who owns the entire Riviera? What they deliver could more than upset the horticultural species on the planet. Mr. Mason is very excited to finally be receiving his prized possession; however, he has no intention of paying for the shipment, as it truly is a contaminated bit of branchery. I was thinking of "Little House of Horrors."
A good story with the exception of the end. I believe the last few paragraphs could have been dropped for the sake of suspense with the next installment.
4 stars

Prime Directive
Still trying to figure out where this story is going.
3 stars

Prequel to Story Time
I read "Story Time" over a year ago and Linell doesn't disappoint with the follow-up to the Earth's demise. The story picks up with the reported Mr. Cummings waking up on an alien space craft. He's not sure where and why he's on this ship, until the new hosts, the Tatularian explain how he and a handful of humans were saved before the Earth imploded on itself. Very well done
Four stars
Overall a great mix of varying stories. There is something for everyone interested in sci/fi fantasy travels.

A resounding 3.75 stars!