Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Style Name: HTC Windows Phone 8S|Change

on 3 August 2012
The cut-out round the proximity sensor differentiates these screen protectors from some of the unofficial Desire C SPs - keeping the screen display on while on a call and off when held to your face.
Feels durable and doesn't impact the use of the phone.
It is almost an exact fit on the screen so I found the SP tricky to apply as there is very little margin for error. Application requires a steady hand and a spotlessly clean environment. Also it sticks using adhesive so can't be removed and reapplied so it's a good thing it comes in a pack of two.
on 2 May 2012
I have waited for a decent screen protector for the phone because it cost a lot of money and it's a big screen and could easily be scratched so I thought I would wait for the official screen cover to come out to give it the best protection.

The protector comes with no direct instruction and has a poor tab which is to indicate the part to peal It off, there is no card provided to squeeze out the air bubbles and when I had finally got it on the edges were lifted on each side making it clear the protector was on it. I tried to put it back on a few times before it got to dusty and had a second attempt with the other protector only to have the same difficulty.

Don't waste your money wait for a better one to come out
on 16 August 2012
I purchased the official HTC screen protector despite it being more expensive, so that it would fit perfectly. The screen wraps around the sides of the phone slightly and this is only for the "top" section, so I have a line down either side where it won't stick down.

Sticky backing = dust sticking to it. If it were 2 or 3mm wider it would wrap around entire screen and I think it would be less annoying. (Not entirely sure as it's thick which is good for protection but not for flexibility around edges...)

The advantage is there is a little rectangle cut out of it where the light sensor is behind the screen in the top left corner so it reacts quickly to light conditions.

There are 2 in the pack but I'm going to have to use the spare in a week or so when the dust is too annoying which is disappointing, my last phone is over 18 months old and still has the original screen protector on it, this one will need regular swapping and I will be trying a generic brand to see if that works better.

Rating lost 2 stars, 1 star for its inability to stick to sides, 1 star because it will need regular changing.

It got the three stars because it does protect the main screen and I ordered it late Saturday night and received it Monday morning.
on 22 May 2012
As most of the reviews say, this is NOT a good product. These protectors are notoriously difficult to apply straight and without bubbles, especially on a large screen and HTC has done nothing to make applying these any easier. IT seems like good value to get two protectors in one packet, but you need the second as without experience you will almost always get dust on the first one or put it on at the wrong angle.

Once finally on my device (albeit with one or two dist particles under it), the edges and bottom fail to adhere due to the curved shape of the glass. Wish I'd read the above before purchasing this.

HTC you need to make this easier, design the backing so that the protector can be lined up with the phone before removing if fully as this is the main problem I came up against.
on 15 May 2012
Once unpackaged I found the screen protectors themselves glued to the cardboard insert. Carefully removing the protectors from the glue still yielded a crease in the protectors. After applying them, found they were bad quality and did not fully wrap around the screen, leaving raised sections over the curvature of the glass. Do not buy. Purchased a Skinomi TechSkin instead, is absolutely fantastic.
on 8 July 2012
These protectors do a satisfactory job, as all touch phone, screen protectors do. The only gripe I have is that they were not as easy to put in place as some others I have used in the past, no tags to hold whilst aligning the protector, but they do what they are meant to, "Protect" the screen of your mobile. Speed of delivery was quite quick and came well packaged.
on 3 January 2013
I've fitted quite a few of this type of screen protectors to other phones, and once you get the technique they go on fine......however there are a few points to be aware of.
1. The screen protector does not scover the entire screen, it leaves a border of around 4mm. So due to the curved screen and the protector not going to the edges as you swipe back and forth across the screen (which is a regular thing with windows 8) the film starts to lift and look cr@p.
2. Again as the protector doesn't cover the whole screen you have no point of reference to line it up. All you can do is try and line it over the speaker grill (which is a very tight fit) and then hope got the best.

Overall these are ok but I'll be keeping my eye out for something better. I want the invisible look I was able to achieve on my iPhone but I'm not sure I could achieve this with this one.

Delivery was great even during the Xmas break.
on 13 August 2013
I've never really been fond of these protectors but felt I had to get one to protect my brand new shiny One X.

This one I found quite difficult to apply - does require a very steady hand and it helps to have a clean, dust free environment. You'll more than likely use both in the pack with the first one being thrown away through trial and error. There is no rubber 'wedge' supplied to get rid of the bubbles so you'll need to find something else to use for that.

To be honest, not sure if I'd buy this again. Prefer to keep the phone in a pouch or case instead. In my opinion, if you really look after your phone plus with the gorilla glass, I don't think a protector is really that necessary.
on 29 December 2012
I wasted two screen protectors (and nearly 10 Euro) trying to apply it. It's nearly impossible to attach them the first time without bubbles, and you only get to try once with each protector, if you retry, there will be more bubbles due to dust.

The problem with this type of protector is the adhesive glue. For my Nokia 710 I bought a static rewashable screen protector. When there is some dust between the protector and the screen, you simply wipe (or wash) it off. With these protectors, they stick to the glue, and you can throw away the protector.

When you do buy this protector, buy a couple of packs. You might get lucky after applying a few of them.
on 9 November 2012
Having had smartphones and tablets for a number of years now I have always been careful to apply screen protectors where needed. Theses are simply the WORST screen protectors I have ever come across.

Instead of the usual two layer protective peel-off backings (one on each side) there is only 1; the side which sticks to the phone. This means it can arrive scratched before you even apply them.

They are made of very cheap material which is very flimsy and extremely sensitive to static making it almost impossible to apply cleanly to your phone.

UTTER RUBBISH. Save your money and buy a pack of cheaper non-branded ones which do the job.