Well dry January is officially over!! Bring me a Martini shaken not stirred with two olives please....

I love cocktails, all kinds especially slightly funky ones and have even made my own up with what I have in stock. (Damson in Distress anyone? Damson gin with prosecco and orange peel).

However, we didn't have any of the right kit. I look at them around Christmas time and they were all expensive or had rubbish reviews. I am sure you are reading this review to see why I have given it 5 stars and what makes it so great... well I hope I can answer your questions.

I chose this as it seemed to have everything I needed and at £7.99 hell yes please!

It arrived the day after I ordered and was well packaged. The kit itself comes in a gorgeously presented box and would make a lovely gift (edit - bought one as a gift today!) with instructions.

It has everything you could need and all the items are really high quality.

So good I just had to invite some friends over for a cocktail party and put them all to good use. The only downside is that I could do with some more inspiration with the kit - perhaps even just a little ebook to give you some more recipes would be useful.

Everyone was really impressed and asked where it came from so who knows perhaps some of you reading even came to that party!

All in all highly recommended.

Some of the products I review have been discounted, including this amazing cocktail set. However, I would never review something that I would be prepared to pay full price for. Please feel free to comment if I can help I would love too as I know how hard ordering online can be! If you found my review helpful please click that button if not give me a comment as to why it wasn't so I can try and help in the future!
on 9 February 2016
A brilliant cocktail kit. The VonShef Premium Boston Cocktail Set contains everything you need to make a brilliant, personalised and tasty cocktail.

The kit contains:

Wooden Muddlers - Infuse flavours by crushing mint, limes and sugar with the Wooden Muddlers to create signature classics such as Mojitos.
Twisted Bar Spoon - Create perfectly layered cocktails and shots like professionals with our Stainless Steel Twisted Bar Spoons that are included which allow you to effortlessly stir your ingredients.
Hawthorne Cocktail Strainer - The Hawthorne stainless steel cocktail strainer. This rests on top of the cocktail shaker to strain away ice and other unwanted ingredients.
2x Shot Measurers - Having these additional shot measurers will ensure you can make the perfectly balanced cocktail every time with ease!

Measurements:
• Boston Shaker: Height: 19.3cm, Max diameter: 8.6cm; Capacity: 544ml
• Wooden Muddler: 19.2 x 2.5cm
• Bar Spoon: 25.5 x 2.8cm
• Strainer: 15.5 x 11cm
• Measure cup: Large-5.7xD 3.8cm; Small -3.2xD 3.8cm

This kit would make a brilliant gift as it arrived in a lovely presentation box - all you need re some fancy cocktail glasses and you will be sorted for a great party or social event - A highly recommended item from a really helpful seller.

Disclaimer - I received the VonShef Premium Boston Cocktail Set at a reduced rate in exchange for my honest review of the item
on 3 February 2016
Very pleased with this purchase. This cocktail maker is reasonably priced and provides everything you might need to make the perfect cocktail (well everything apart from the alcohol!).

The cocktail maker set seems to be very good quality and nothing will rust due to the components being manufactured from stainless steel (apart from the wooden muddler).

The kit includes the following items:

- 544ml Boston Cocktail Shaker
- Wooden Muddler - Designed to crush fruits, herbs or spices (approximate 192mm x 25mm)
- Cocktail Spoon - Designed to mix all ingredients together (approximate 255ml x 28mm)
- Strainer - Designed to sit on top of the cocktail shaker to separate ice and fruit pips etc (approximate 155ml x 110mm)
- Measuring Cups - Designed to add the right amount of spirit, liquor or soft drink, Large 5.7xD 3.8cm; Small -3.2xD 3.8cm

Now dry January is over I had some friends round at the weekend and this cocktail maker was the perfect compliment. We whisked up some excellent home made cocktails including a Gin Fizz, Mojito and Tequila Sour.

Overall I would recommend this cocktail making set which is much more value for money compared to a premium priced set.

I received this product for a discount in exchange for an honest and unbiased product review.
review image review image review image
on 29 January 2016
An absolutely lovely item ....ideal for a gift for someone (or yourself!) as its really nicely packaged in a smart cardboard box that opens up to reveal the cocktail items in a black velvet type of display tray. All the items are tied in with metal ties to stop them falling around so first impressions are that its classy and well made .... A good start ! I loved the cocktail shaker in particular as its the kind where it's half glass and half stainless steel and you clamp one onto the other and do a good Tom Cruise impression! There is a lovely chink of ice cubes when you shake it up and you feel very professional too! The wooden muddler is a great addition to the kit ..... Perfect for preparing mohitos and it brings this kit right up to the minute. The two measuring jiggers are great and there is a long twizzling spoon and separate strainer. This is the nicest cocktail kit I've seen and contains all you need to set up your own home cocktail bar at parties ! Lovely quality as you would expect from Von Shef. I received this item at a discounted rate in exchange for my honest opinion.... Which is that it's simply brilliant .... I only wish I'd discovered it before Christmas as I would have happily bought them as gifts at full price. A super item .... Highly recommend.
on 17 August 2015
Everything looks good and work, expect the actual shaker! The glass and the steel cup don't seal and leak all over the place
on 1 February 2016
Call me sad, but the most exciting part of this is trhe measures, which come in a 25ml and 50ml size, the reason this excites me is that when your at home you never quite get the proportions right, as a result drinking alcohol at home is a vastly different experience than if your drinking in a bar. Now at last my measures are correct, yes you could use a jug to measure but who the hell wants too?

All in all this set is a proper professional cocktail kit, with mixer in the form of half steel, half glass. The two aforementioned measures, the muddler (which is made of wood) cocktail strainer and twisted spoon.

It's not as yet turned me into Tom Cruise, but hey once i've poured a few, people might think i look like him.

In all seriousness, this is a great thing to have if you have any sort of bar area in your home, it just completes a look.

I received this item in exchange for an honest review.
on 5 April 2016
Metal burrs could cut your finger on some of the metal parts, cheap, get what you pay for.
on 20 February 2016
This Boston cocktail shaker set has everything you need to start making cocktails at home. The shaker comes complete with a strainer, spoon, a muddle and measures. It is made from quality stainless steel, looks very stylish and would be a great addition to any party. The kit is easy to clean either in warm soapy water or in the top rack of the dishwasher. The problem I have now is the girlfriend is spending a small fortune on alcohol and all the other ingredients in order to try out lots of different cocktails! The kit also comes with a two year guarantee so you can have peace of mind when you make your purchase.
The product arrive d quickly and was well packaged. I am pleased with the product and I am happy to recommend it. I bought this item at a reduced price in exchange for an unbiased review.
on 9 April 2014
I bought this for my old lush of a dad! He absolutely loves it which is a relief as he's quite fussy, particularly when it comes to cocktail paraphenalia! It's all really nice quality, well made with a great finish and the price made it all the more satisfying.
on 29 January 2016
A really well made and lovely item. The Boston Cocktail Set 28 oz. shaker, 2 shot measures and strainer are all made from good quality stainless steel There is also a fancy twisted handle stirring spoon but not sure what metal. A wooden muddler which is great because I am fond of mojitos and you can get the taste of the mint with a good muddler. A 16 oz glass for using with the shaker completes this very nice comprehensive set. I am going to have real fun with this when the weather gets warmer. It is perfect for parties, bbq's and all round entertaining and just think you can invent your own cocktails using the set. A free extended 2 year warranty Terms and conditions apply. Highly recommended.

This product was received at a discount in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

See one answered question