on 30 September 2013
I have just purchased this machine exactly a week ago, fantastic machine, but 1 niggle I've picked up on is you only have to lightly brush past it & it switches on which if you have a galley kitchen like it's a little annoying, but I'm disabled & I've learned to side step it, just 4 other peeps in the house have yet to learn this, I didn't buy this machine via above seller as it is very over priced & is available for next day delivery from ao.com for £449.00 + £9.99 p&p (for next day delivery) less if next day is not required. So save yourself some cash visit ao.com I would rate them 5 stars for service, price & delivery!
on 26 April 2014
I wanted a large load washing machine that was energy efficient and this fit the bill perfectly! I did a lot of research before I made my decision, it was well priced compared to other retailers listing the same item, it had a good variety of wash programmes including a bed and bath cycle, a duvet cycle, anti allergy and steam fresh. The powerful 1600rpm max spin means the clothes come out with all excess water removed and the digital display means you can see what the programme you've set involves, where it's up to and how long the wash will last.

I guess my only complaint is some of the wash cycles are long- over 3 hours so not so convenient if you're in a hurry but all in all I'm pleased with my purchase.
on 19 December 2012
Have had this machine for two weeks now. Overall I have to say it has been excellent. The 11kg drum really does take a whole days washing and as long as you stack the washing in the machine as instructed it is quiet on spin ( OK the 1600rpm spin is a a lot louder than the lower rpm spins).

It has a 30 min quick wash which you can reduce to 15 minutes with washing options. The spin cycle on this is only 800rpm but with the 15 mins saved you can do a full 1600rpm spin and the clothes come out almost dry.

The steam function seems to work ok, maybe a bit too damp for a british winter but would be fine in the summer.
on 8 December 2013
Broke down 11 months old - hole in the drum so leaked. Took Hotpoint 3 weeks to repair - 3 weeks later another hole in the drum and the heavy concrete balancer came loose ripping the lid clean off and breaking most of the machine. Hotpoint after sales are intimidating 'we will charge you if its your fault £100+' the service engineer rude kept repeating 'we will charge you - even if its a coin or bra wire!!! Its a shame because I loved the stylish finish and the large load
on 31 July 2015
I bought this machine in 2014 and it has broken twice. The drum spins extremely fast and the whole inside drum has split twice in this time, leaking water all over the floor. I bought this as it had the larger machine and was suitable for a big family and I use it a lot. It is very noisy and I don't think that I would buy this again. Also be aware that you have to run a cleaner through this monthly otherwise you can send up with nasty marks on the clothes. Very disappointed as this was an expensive machine. I would try another brand or a lower spin.
on 3 March 2014
In the past I had one of these machines but due to personal reasons had to leave it behind. This is the best one I've come across with lots of excellent wash programmes. It's so quiet, quiet enough for me to switch it on at night and we don't hear it. The company that it was ordered from delivered it within a few days, whereas a well known store said 2 weeks plus. I would definately recommend purchasing this machine
on 23 January 2015