5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Euphoric, 12 Nov 2012
Andy H (NORTHAMPTONSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm a late comer to the Galahad party, only picking up on them when they released Empires Never Last a few years back, since then they have become a firm favourite. This year has seen them release two new studio albums, the first "Battle Scars" was a step up from ENL but Beyond the Realms of Euphoria is even better. This is a progressive album in every sense, experimenting even more (than on Battle Scars) with techno/trance, which fit surprisingly well with the more traditional prog elements. The album drives along at a cracking pace with powerful sound, great lyrics and excellent vocals. My album of 2012 !

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond The Realms Of Euphoria Galahad, 16 Jan 2013
Musical masterpiece, very interesting music. It is possible to listen to such music infinitely. It enriches with the beauty and gives good mood. For all fans of prog rock, it is a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Galahad my favourite Prog Rock Dance band!!, 6 Oct 2013
I must say that Galahad have a distinctive base rhythym running through all their records.it is distinctive and a certain quality to their sound.Empires Last and Battle Scars are equally excellent and I would recommend all 3 if you find you enjoy the their style which is definitely progressive with an edge of difference

5.0 out of 5 stars Tribute and Celebration, 9 Mar 2013
Mr. N. A. McKee "Elvis Preset" (POOLE, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having begun to get to know the band from their rehearsals at Absolute Music in Poole, I can only say that their gentlemanly and pleasant natures are reflected in this exquisite album. The album is both 'Celebration' and a fitting tribute to the sad loss of Neil, their former bass player. As a newcomer to Galahad, one has to 'compare' the band against one's own frame of reference, so, in true Jilly Goolden style, I have to say, "I'm getting more than a hint of IQ, with overtones of earlier Genesis (and I do mean tones), hey, there's even a bit of Rick Wakeman in there... a sumptuous dish to satisfy your ear buds!" (Sorry, Jilly) However, this is an unique sound - a signature sound all of its own. My associations are simply to get you interested. The sound is thoroughly modern Prog-Rock. Bonus: If you're a synth-lover, you're going to love some of the tones, filter sweeps, pads, and arpeggios. Hey, if you write your own synth based music, you're going to be playing "Guess-the-Synth"... Sir Galahad, thou art truly Artful!
Elvis Preset
ChurchofRock.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars They just get better...!, 3 Jan 2013
Having followed Galahad since first heard on the Tommy Vance show on Radio 2 (or was it Radio 1 then?) so many years ago, I'm just fascinated and impressed by the continuous development of their sound.... and it is unmistakably their sound! The way they combine superbe heavy guitar riffs with stunning keyboard work just sends you into oblivion and Euphoria! The louder the better!
I don't think I can honestly say whether this one is any better than any of their previous ones: Battle Scars is great, Empires is superbe, and Euphoria is amazing. No matter what my mood 10 minutes of this and I'm happy!
I"m not sure you could accuse them of producing dance/trance: a few bars here and there perhaps, but for me this is what prog rock is all about. Long tracks, varied tempos, sensible lyrics that you can hear /understand and , dare I say it, sing along to! (when I"m on my own)
Take a look and listen at their web site: (Galahadonline.com)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best progressive album I've heard in 2012!, 21 Dec 2012
I. Rumens (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
Forget 'Battle scars', THIS is the true successor to the wonderful 'Empires never last.'

I would suggest that Dean Baker, the keyboardist, has had more on an influence on the sound on this occasion, but the band as a whole are in tremendous form throughout. And it's not 'dance/trance' as has been suggested, it's great 'Neo-Prog.'

Being their second album out this year, you'd expect the quality to be compromised, but it certainly isn't. This is the first album I've heard from the few bands that were on top of their game some five years ago, which has actually gone forward, or at least continued the good form that those bands had showed before.

Why 4 stars, when I'm talking it up so much? Well, it's simply not a 5 star album musically, but it's really, really good.

It's the album we wanted after 'Empires', because we wanted more of the same. It's not quite as good, but it's still a very enjoyable listen, and certainly the best thing I've heard in 2012.