5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen in Crime
Ah, a new Pitkirtly book from Cecilia. I'm in heaven. Until I finish it, then I'm waiting for the next.

I really love this series of books. I love the "are they going out?" of Amaryllis and Christopher and I love the interaction between the characters.

Published on 6 Oct 2012 by Joo

3.0 out of 5 stars Snowed under mystery.
The two main characters, introvert Christopher just wanting an average quiet life & extrovert private detective wanna be Amaryllis become involved in solving an armed robbery & murder while small town Pitkirty is cut off during heavy snow fall.

Published on 15 Oct 2012 by C

3.0 out of 5 stars Snowed under mystery., 15 Oct 2012
C (DAVENTRY, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frozen in Crime (Pitkirtly Mysteries Book 5) (Kindle Edition)

Newcomer Mal, an ex army soldier, extrovert & adventure seeker catches Amaryllis's attention as she ponders exciting possibilities outside Pitkirtly & away from Christopher, but all is not as it seems with Mal.

The local police while trying to solve the robbery & murder have other issues to contend with & due to the Christmas season are under staffed.

The storyline builds with other characters becoming involved including the Lord of Pitkirtly Manor, with some twists & turns.

Much of the time it felt like a Novel set in the 1950's with the characters names, bumbling police, rules amiss, a feisty private eye, a cosy tea & cake type mystery, which dont get me wrong , i enjoy that type of read but then i would be jolted back to the present day by someone answering a mobile phone or the mention of 24hrs news channel on tv.

I struggled with the name Amaryliss throughout the book, it just seemed out of place to me & found it distracting but others may not have this issue.

It's a slow start but then picks up & held my attention more from about half way through with plenty of action towards the end.

Overall a cosy read

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen in Crime, 6 Oct 2012
Joo "kuforum" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

This story is set amongst the heavy snow of Christmas-time. The village is cut off and there's been a robbery. Of course Amaryllis wants to stick her nose in it and Christopher wants a quiet life. Chief Inspector Smith gets more of a part in this one. I like him.

I think this is one of my favourite of the Pitkirtly novels.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 31 Dec 2012
This is the usual good fun read from Cecilia Peartree and filled the limbo time between Christmas and New Year perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 8 Nov 2012
As with all Cecilia Peartree's novels, it was quirky and a great read! I can't wait for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pitkirtly Mysteries, 18 April 2014
G. M. Mellor (staffordshire uk) - See all my reviews
Another great book by Cecilia Peartree, love the story lines of her books, can't wait for the next one to read

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen in Crime, 29 Jan 2014
This book seems to me to be of the 'cosy' genre and is thoroughly enjoyable. I like the well fleshed out characters and the engrossing and humorous plot. Reading this book inspired me to get all the others in the series and I do not regret it for a moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen in time, 14 Jan 2014
Great read., the story continues....... couldn't put it down, frozen in time you might say.....series getting better and better as it goes on

4.0 out of 5 stars Best yet, 16 July 2013
Best in the series so far , although I don't think I've got them in order. Wasn't clear when choosing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story line, 29 Jun 2013
A great light read. Would make a good light hearted tv series in the ilk of last of the summer wine. I still could not put it down

5.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted crime story, 7 Jun 2013
The story as in the other Pitkirtly books includes some endearing characters including the somewhat exotic Amyrllis.
The books can be read independently but I think it is best to start with "Crime in the Community". And we know a bit more about the Fife area; education for a soft southerner.

Oh, the plots are interesting too and always a bit of a surprise. More power to Cecilia Peartree's pen!

David Smith