4.0 out of 5 stars A solid introduction but slightly flawed, 20 Feb. 2013
On the whole I found this book to be well written and well structured. It covers a lot of ground by having lots of small chapters - some are only 10 pages long. This gives the feeling that as you're reading, you're really moving through the subject rapidly. As the title suggests, this book is for professionals - if you're new to JavaScript or Server-side development, this is unlikely to be the right book for you.

Overall, the quality of the writing is good and I only spotted a handful of typos. I do think that the editing could have been better, especially towards the end of the book. The last few chapters have large amounts (up to 5 full pages worth) of code repeated again and again. Quite often the changes from one version to the next are not highlighted - earlier in the book, changes are highlighted in bold, but this convention drops off in the last few chapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 20 Jun. 2013
I was looking for a great book to get started with node, and this one was just right. Im experienced developer in other technologies and found very easy to follow the book. I think is the best one in the market, later this year others will appear but now this is by far the best Node book.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... PHP developer to get to know Node and Javascript better - I found the material here perfect for this, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Professional Node.js: Building Javascript Based Scalable Software (Kindle Edition)
I've got this book as a PHP developer to get to know Node and Javascript better - I found the material here perfect for this.
After reading the book, I have better understanding of Node than I could have gained reading online or watching tutorials