5.0 out of 5 stars utterly brilliant!
I have loved all three of Sam Hayes' novels, but this one took my breath away! Very cleverly written and compelling story with twists right to the end. One of those stories that leaves you thinking about it for days after, and a bit sad that it's finished!

Published on 31 Mar 2010 by M&M

3.0 out of 5 stars Enthraling
A good read..lots of threads, ending a little hurried. I do find this with the Sam Hayes books I have read so far.
Published 8 months ago by J9

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars utterly brilliant!, 31 Mar 2010
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Paperback)

Like the other reviewers have said, it's difficult to say too much for risk of giving things away, but if you haven't read a Sam Hayes novel before take a chance on this one and I promise you won't be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever and chilling thriller, 18 Sep 2010
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Paperback)
I read this book in record time as it was so engrossing. I would have given it five stars but for the fact that I was a bit disappointed with the action-film -type near-ending which just struck me as rather exaggerated. I would have preferred a more subtle leading up to the chilling conclusion. But all in all a very good, rewarding read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another page turning thriller..., 29 Nov 2009
Michelle Moore (Dartford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Hardcover)
It's very difficult to discuss the plot of this book, without giving too much away - something I hate seeing in a review. The only thing to say is that it takes the three strands mentioned above, and blends them together, gradually bringing all the connections together.

If you've read Sam's previous books, Blood Ties and Unspoken, you'll have an idea of what to expect, both in style, and pace. Everything that I've enjoyed with those previous books carries on in this one, there was no disappointment.

Sam's books are all thrillers - they are fast paced, and very difficult to put down. However, they don't rely on being plot driven books - the characters within are always interesting and believable. As well as wanting to know where the story in general is going, I also find myself wanting to know what's going to happen to the characters too.

If you have already enjoyed Sam's previous books, I would strongly advise this one. If you haven't, and you enjoy emotional thrillers, I would strongly advise that you give one a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant 3rd thriller from Sam Hayes, 29 Mar 2010
Nikki - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Paperback)
Having read Sam Hayes' excellent debut novel Blood Ties and then her equally good second book Unspoken, I eagerly awaited the publication of her 3rd book Tell-tale. Well I have just finished reading it and I can tell you it was definitely worth the wait!

Its a very cleverly written thriller, with 3 seperate sub-plots which are seemingly totally unconnected to each other. Firstly a woman jumps to her death from a bridge, who is she and why does she want to die? Secondly, there is Nina Kennedy, wife to Mick and mother to Josie, but there is something she is very afraid of and it seems someone is following her and threatening her family. Lastly, there is Ava - an eight year old girl who after losing her mother is put into a children's home by her father. She thought being put into a children's home and left was the worst thing that could happen to her but her nightmare has only just begun!

To elaborate any further on the plot will give too much away but I found this to be a clever and well thought out thriller, gripping and fast paced throughout with lots of clever twists and turns along the way. I got through the book very quickly and after racing through to the nail biting climax, I was quite sad to have finished it! I would highly recommend Tell-tale and if you haven't tried Sam Hayes, definitely give her books a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tell-Tale, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Kindle Edition)
This was an intriguing story and very cleverley written. I really didn't see the end coming. A very good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Kindle Edition)
A very good read, with an unexpected twist at the end, which i didn't see coming.......i have to say I'm loving this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 4 Jan 2014
S - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Kindle Edition)
I've never left a review before but this book reserves it! By the time I was half way through I was planning my day around when I could next read some more. Some really terrible subject matter but a fantastic read- kept me out of breath till the end! Think I will re-read

4.0 out of 5 stars Mad Men Bad Men, the stuff of nightmares, 29 Nov 2013
Mrs. Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Paperback)
Until half way through it's hard to keep track of the various people we are introduced to. The prologue launches the reader into a taste of tantalising terror and then leaves you floundering on the bank. There's a lot to take in. It felt a bit chaotic and tricky to get to grips with. Lots of seeing things from other sides, other times. Sam Hayes loves to tease.

I spent an uncomfortable half hour in the dentist's chair with just the thoughts of this story to distract me. I kept worrying away at the plot trying to second guess who was who and why. It certainly passed the time!

This is a story that draws you back to it, eager to read some more and find out what's what. There are clues and it takes a bright eye to spot them, however a feeling of satisfaction when you are proved right. There's stuff to learn about, stuff to be upset about and stuff that does happen and really you don't want to know about.

This is not a book club discussion, it's a review, so no spoilers. I would just that say if you like excitement and don't get too irritated by unlikely co incidences, are open to the wildest of scenarios, well then, yes it's a thumping good read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enthraling, 4 Nov 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Top read, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Kindle Edition)
Didn't want to put it down very good read
Wanted it to go on and on but also wanted to know the ending

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›