5.0 out of 5 stars music producer with extreme sounds, handles like a dream, 22 May 2013
This review is from: 2x Skytronic Passive 3-Way HiFi Tower Speakers 350W (Electronics)
i bought these as my hi-fi speakers to compare with my studio mix monitoring. i use a pioneer A-10-k integrated amplifier with them. i also feed bluetooth from my phone and laptop, playing mere mp3s and the quality and range of frequencies is accommodated superbly. some of my music uses sub-bass frequencies to create vibration and without using the loudness button or attenuating the bass tone on the power amp, this comes across clear and deep. for a pier of hi-fi speakers that usually are tuned/toned for specific audiences/purchasers - these have an excellent untainted response across all frequencies. not found anything lacking or horrible rumbles or annoying vibrations at top end yet.

i'm giving 5 stars out of consideration that the company i bought these from were superb in addressing the only issue i had - that (probably Skytec's fault) cosmetically the units were substandard for new. they had been packed covered in dust, had signs of bad handling - scratches and small chips here and there, not really prominent but enough to make such units count as B-stock. also, whoever put these together and let them go out from the factory must have appalling eyesight, even the Skytek labels on the fronts are askew. THE COMPANY I PURCHASED THESE FROM COULD NOT BE MORE APOLOGETIC AND RESPONSIVE in compensating me.

cosmetics aside - these are not disappointing at all in performance even when cranked up to full volume with this amp.

5.0 out of 5 stars great looking and great sounding product, 28 Jun 2014
was a little dubious to start with about buying these due to the low price, but as i desperately needed some new speakers i decided they would do as a stop gap till i could afford some better ones,
unfortunately!!!!!!! my Technics twin chassis amp is capable to handling 4no x 180 watt speakers and i was so amazed by the quality of the sound that i am seriously considering ordering a second per to complement the ones i have just bought, i enjoy loud music and decided to turn the volume up to a level which was just a little to loud for my surroundings and wow, after adjusting my sound setting suitable for the type of music the base was crisp and clean and the high end was subtle without any hint of tinniness, in all the sound quality is more like that, that you would expect from speakers 5-6 times more expensive,
the quality of the construction is also excellent, (except for the bass port at the rear, which looks cheap and tacky, but then it is at the rear of the cabinet and out of site so totally irrelevant, had these been more expensive speakers i would have returned them for this lack of quality)
As mentioned the build quality is excellent, this was however let down very slightly by a lack of finish quality, this being at the mitered joints at the corners where there were tiny gaps in the laminated covering, for the benefit of those with the same problem, just run over the gap a couple of time with a permanent black marker pen then wipe the access back of the laminated coating and you will not be able to tell the difference,

in fact come to think of it, i have actually talked myself into ordering the second pair as mentioned at the start,
Skytronic, Never heard of you before, BUT, thank you and will be looking for your name when purchasing other products,

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow movies brought to life., 15 Feb 2013
G. Pidler "Gillian" (Devon Uk) - See all my reviews
My husband bought these to replace some old ones he had. All I can really say about them is that I have jumped so many times from the realistic sounds of gunshot, thunder, slamming doors etc (we love horror movies). They have a lovely clear sound and really bring movies and tv shows to life. A jolly good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, 22 Oct 2014
A. Stevenson "Al" (UK) - See all my reviews
I won't lie, looking at reviews of older Skytronic equipment, I was expecting to get burned on this deal.
However my old sound system had died and I needed a replacement on the quick and these looked good and had relatively positive reviews.
I have to say, I'm blown away. The range of these speakers is great and the quality, especially for a set this cheap, is absolutely stunning. They are very crisp and clear without being tinny, have nice deep bass (although not quite to subwoofer level, but I wasn't expecting that) all without missing out on any immediately obvious mids.
Maybe Skytronic are going upmarket? Starting to wish I'd splashed the extra bit and gone for the bigger towers!

4.0 out of 5 stars I am happy to give a positive review about this skytronic passive ..., 15 Aug 2014
I am happy to give a positive review about this skytronic passive 3 way speakers.
The output of it has been great, and it's been beyond my expectations. I hope to buy another pair very soon as my amplifier is able to carry 4 speakers of same watts. Thanks nice job. At a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars great speakers, 10 Sep 2014
for the price you can't fault them I'm very pleased with them .

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Nov 2014
Excellent sound quality. I would recommend this for anyone who, like me, has a hearing disability.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money speakers, 29 April 2014
You cannot argue against these speakers for the price. They realy are not bad. I purchased these for my daughters room and she loves them. I did, as an experiment, wire these up to my arcam amp and they produced a reasonable sound, however the base handling isn't as tight as you might hope for. This is not to detract from the fact that for the price you are getting a very fair deal. Spend more if you are an audiophile, if you are after a reasonable speaker at a good price these may be what you are looking for.