5.0 out of 5 stars excellent 3d.
Published on 8 Aug 2012 by Michael Dobey

3.0 out of 5 stars My first venture into 3D
Where do I start. The colours and 3d seem ok I have seen 3D on a friends TV and think this wasnt as good. Seemed to be blurry at the edges. I was playing it on a panasonic 3d bluray player through and LG LED 3D HD TV.

I dont think its value for money as its not very long. Maybe at half the price it would be a good introduction to 3D
Published on 6 Dec 2011 by Mr. D. J. Benfield

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent 3d., 8 Aug 2012
Michael Dobey (colorado springs) - See all my reviews
The 3d in this film , like all the undersea 3d adventures is excellent. 3d really shines for underwater photography. The film features a beautiful soundtrack and alternating narration from john depp and kate winslet. They are speaking to you and it works, there are actually one star reviews complaining the music is too loud, actually they are wrong ,this is mellow music and the words come through clearly. This like most imax products is only 40 minutes long but each minute is fascinating and poignant as we learn that 90% of large fish have been taken out of the sea by overfishing, mankind is very good at wiping out everything in his path though. we have known that for years. Still this is a wonderful 3d movie that inspires awe. It takes place in reef areas mostly and not the deep sea. Those creatures down there in true deep would make a great movie though. This was shown at movie theaters and was NOT done to showcase 3d as one reviewer stated.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERLAND UNDER THE SEA, 13 Dec 2010
M. Hinks (england) - See all my reviews
A beautiful and clourful underwater documentary -I was totally amazed at rhe bright blues and pinks of the various species of fish and crustaceans With the added bonus of the 3d effects ,this bought the whole documentary to life and with danny elfmans music (he scored edward scissorhands etc) this made for an enchanting trip to discover the fascinating facts that occur beneath the oceans to keep it all in balance A DEFINITE 3D BUY

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Viewing, Terrible Narration, 23 Oct 2008
Ursula K. Raphael "AstraDaemon of The Zombiep... (USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This DVD features a wide variety of sea life including: jellyfish, starfish, coral life, strobing squid, sharks, sea turtles, sting rays -even a whale. My three-year old never gets tired of watching it; he loves the parts centered on the octopus the best.

From an adult perspective, I am amazed at how many different species they show (beautiful footage), and it is very informative...great for family time, educating children/students, etc. I gave it five stars because we wanted a DVD that discusses sea creatures, and that is exactly what you get.

HOWEVER, the narration was awful! We own and rent dozens of DVDs from Discovery, Animal Planet, and National Geographic, and this was the worst narration I have ever heard. I was surprised, but I guess Johnny Depp & Kate Winslet haven't had much experience with narration...although, I think the script was a big part of the problem (some lines are soooo cheesy).

Also, I think the price is way too high for a forty-minute DVD...BUT, when I think about how much my son loves Deep Sea, it is worth the money. As I said, I gave it five stars because it does deliver the best sea creatures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic 3D!, 16 Sep 2011
Rwl Williams - See all my reviews
This is by far the best example of 3D television I have experienced so far. The film starts as if it is another mediocre excuse to use 3D with a poor quality scene of jellyfish. The scene then changes to a most fantastic 3D treat. If you want to see exactly how good your 3D tv can be then get yourself a copy of this IMAX treat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, 11 July 2014
StephJ (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: IMAX Deep Sea [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
This is by far the best underwater film I have yet seen. Having watched dozens over the past few weeks, I thought I had seen some good ones, but this film sets new standards. The 3D is fantastic, with the clearest underwater images I have ever seen, and the filming in general is first class with wonderful, vibrant colors and amazing sequences.. I loved the sound track, and the narrators, I thought did a great job, with just the right amount of information and some humour.

The content is fantastic - a whole array of fabulous creatures, many of which I have not even glimpsed on those other documentaries. Their feeding and defensive/evasive behaviour is shown like in no other documentary I have seen.

I was totally mesmerised and enraptured by this brilliant production and cannot praise it highly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars a bit jack and jill..., 24 Feb 2011
Mr. J. Edmunds "Jim" (Bath, England) - See all my reviews
Very good 3d content, although i'd been hoping for more swim past shots of colourful reefs. The commentary is aimed at the under-twelve market with the interesting info buried amidst a mass of banality.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfull 3D movie, 13 Sep 2011
Geoffrey Jones (Blackwater, Hants) - See all my reviews
As an owner of a 3D TV I tend to buy what ever they can produce, shame if the rumours about 3D not taking of well enough and that movie makers are thing of stopping making them, watching 3D nature is so interesting and puts them into more perspective for me, I think they are superb and will keep buying them as they produce them. This particular one was worth the hard work by the production crew for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Imax 3D Deep Sea, 17 April 2014
Well presented with very good filming. Commentary can be a bit boring with quite of duplication. But is still watchable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all with a 3D tv., 9 Dec 2014
This is a quality production from start to finish, the IMAX Camera's always bring out the best in 3D. An excellent edition to the other IMAX 3D blu-ray movies that have been released. With Johnny Depp & Kate Winslet on commentary throughout this 42 minute movie it is a magnificent experience. I highly recommend this 3D movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 May 2013
3D is stunning and that is what I wanted cos other films converted 3D r rubbish, buy that if u want real 3D on your telly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›