4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly, but not quite....
I did a ton of research on the various makes and models available before finally opting for this machine. As well as good quality output, I wanted as many as I could of the following features: (a) wireless; (b) duplex/double-sided (preferably both printing and scanning with an ADR); (c) colour; (d) multi-function (i.e. scan and copy as well). It is not possible to get a...
Published 18 months ago by Karvala

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice little printer
Had problems with the "auto" wifi configure feature. Product appeared to try and set up it's own hotspot/network and disconnected me from my wifi network.
I was able to restart and manually connect the device using the LED panel.
Scans well. Prints well. Epson registration was hopeless as was there support service.

The printer randomly goes "offline"...
Published 13 months ago by Paul

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit slow but feature packed, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing (Accessory)
Looking for a replacement for an occasional printer with wireless capabilities.

DON'T EXPECT TO BE BOWLED OVER BY THE OUTPUT. Printing quality can be described as "acceptable" at best and is also pretty slow compared to some other printers, particularly at the higher quality.

However wired/wireless support, full duplex, automated document feeder (ADF) with double-sided scan, scan to PDF etc.

THIS IS ONE HELL OF A FEATURE PACKED PRINTER FOR THE PRICE !!!

OK, so a 16 pages of double sided document with graphics (16 pages) takes 2 minutes to scan to PDF. However just to be able to do that is amazing. To be able to do that simply by loading the ADF tray and without touching the printer again... pretty impressive even if the print quality is mediocre.

------Update
If you are using Windows 8 RT devices to print wirelessly you may struggle. I have gotten it to work with the "Epsom ESC/P-R V4 Class Driver" which seems to work for basic printing but removes all the printing options and features.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Printer, 2 Aug 2013
Martin Rayner (UK) - See all my reviews
I was a bit concerned when I read some reviews saying that it keeps disconnecting from wireless networks. The instructions are brief, but to the point. I followed the paper instructions, then followed by the instructions on the CD. Everything went well, although it does take some time to set up. I think that this is because it automatically downloads the latest version of the software, which is quite a large download. The printer works great, and has never disconnected once from my network.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice little printer, 2 July 2013
I was able to restart and manually connect the device using the LED panel.

The printer randomly goes "offline" and no amount of restarts gets it back online. The odd thing is that you can still scan.

Epson registration is useless. When I first attempted to register it took a lot of information and did nothing. Just tried to re-register and all I get is "error saving product registration".

Trying to find out how to send it back. Amazon fails in this area when "30 days is up".

The last time the printer went offline - it came back on in the middle of the day - no reason why.

AVOID.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of research went into this purchase, 30 Nov 2013
And yes turned out to be brilliant - does almost everything and fast. No problems whatsoever installing in home WiFi, computers and iPads etc all print effortlessly via WiFi. There's a firmware update that I installed via laptop.

Double-sided printing works great and print quality is good. Not sure it prints photos, but will probably get a separate dedicated photo printer for that anyway. The WorkForce does everything else with minimal fuss and is fast enough for a home office even when printing or copying double-sided.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, 19 Feb 2013
I bought this printer after reading loads of reviews and doing lots of research. I was after a printer that would Air print and had a budget of 100. There were other printers that met the criteria but this had a fax facility and double sided printing which were a bonus.
It was easy to set up and works a treat. I print from two iPhones and my iPad with ease. It's fast and has decent print quality. I'm not an IT expert but for the money I think it's very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little wireless printer/scanner, 26 Jan 2014
Bought this to replace an HP printer scanner that was causing all kinds of problems.
I did a lot of research into getting the most flexible and useful device for the money.
Besides the obvious workings, the wireless works seamlessly with my PC, and a Nexus and IPad tablet. The scanner does paper handling, so no need to scan pages sheet by sheet. Printed out a few photos and they are pretty good too.
Paper tray could be larger. Even handles US paper sizes. Double sided printing you would not believe works, but it does. Rear paper slot prints envelopes if your into that.
All kinds of software included. One can print to an email address from anywhere - and it pops out here. Cool.
It's a great little thing, not just because of the 'features' I mention above, but an all round good neat printer for nearly no money.
Recommended by me !

Downside: Once registered Epson bombard you with emails about buying genuine ink - which I do already!
Spam filter that, and be as happy as me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value and superb results, 29 July 2013
Mr. J. P. Grove "jamesgrove" (Halesowen, UK) - See all my reviews
Auto double side printing, a paper tray, wifi and AirPrint and Ethernet, card reader , USB, fax,scan copy remote print, very easy to setup and the software on my mac did the rest including updating the firmware, cartridges cheaper than my old HP. All in all a brilliant buy and the printer can go anywhere as its wifi ! One very minor point, no cables at all included only the power cable, I thought it might come with telephone cables. A great buy, we'll done Epson

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good printer, 25 Jun 2013
I have had this printer for several months now. I thought it best to try it before writing any feedback. An excellent printer. Very economical on ink cartridges, even the normal sized ones. It does everything I require from a multifunction machine. I chose this one because it fitted the space vacated by an old printer which finally died and had all the functions I required. I have had several different printers over the years from all the manufacturers but have always found Epson to work best for me. The only reason that I do not give this 5 stars is, as stated by others, the scan facility does not work from the soft touch button on the machine, it has to be started from the computer. No big deal for me because my computers all have their own dedicated printers and only the computers are networked. Very satisfied.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working after 3 weeks and customer care getting me nowhere, 3 Feb 2014
C. Nisbet - See all my reviews
After 3 weeks of minor use, the display suddenly states that the machine doesn't recognise the ink cartridges and to replace them. Customer care says it's because the ink cartridges are empty, which they are clearly not! I'm now left to go elsewhere to print off daily, which is costing me more in wasted time than the cost of a new machine- which won't be an Epson when I buy one!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This has saved me SO MUCH time and hassle, 15 April 2014
So I have never had a wireless printer before but I was tired of having to either move my printer between rooms to print from different computers, or email documents back and forth! It was really annoying but I lived with it. Then my old printer broke down. After a bit of research, and reading the reviews on here, I decided to take a punt on this printer and let me tell you I am not disappointed! I can now print from any room, from any computer, heck, even my ipad!

It was super easy to set up, you have a choice of a bottom paper feeder (where you just leave a whole wad of paper in the printer) or a stand up rear feeder. The print quality is great, especially with the original cartridges, it's pretty much photo quality. It prints quickly as well and the 2 sided function is a LOT more useful than I imagined it would be, especially when you have a ton of pages that you want to keep in order

There's a great copy function where you just plonk a bunch of pages in the copy slot and it will just take them through, one by one, and either scan or copy one or both sides automatically (and you can send the scans directly, wirelessly to your computer).

It also has a traditional flatbed scanner in addiction to the drag-through copy/scanner slot.

I haven't tried the memory card slots but I'm sure they're easy to use, the touch screen interface is very intuitive.

~~~~REALLY CHEAP PRINTING ~~~~~~

Now, here's the great thing. I tend to print a LOT of colour imagery (I'm an artist) so it's important for me to not spend a million bucks a month on printer cartridges. I had tried replacement inks where you sort of inject a used, empty cartridge with ink to refill it, but it was always super messy and time consuming (and always went wrong when I had to get things printed right away!)

So I decided on replacement cartridges instead. Simple, clean and (hopefully) cheap! After trying a few different brands of replacement cartridges with this printer, I reeeally highly recommend the ones from 'Go Inks'. You get four cartridges (of the same colour) for around 5 with shipping and they last for ages, typically around a month with moderate printing, and the print quality is still really good. This is what I use for all my printing needs these days. You can get them on amazon, just search for "4 Compatible Cyan XL Printer Ink Cartridges to replace T1301 (and T1302, T1303, T1304 for colour).

The only thing I would say is that if you mix these cartridges with the original ones, sometimes the colour can be a bit off. If you use only the same brand of cartridges though, it prints great.

All round, this is a great - and veeeery economical - printer, if you know the right tricks ;) Ten stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›