5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera
Published on 3 Jan. 2013 by Monster Munch

Published on 24 Dec. 2012 by Horatio Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 16 Megapixel Compact System Camera Kit with 14-42mm Standard Zoom Lens - Silver (Electronics)
I like the build quality. Feels nice in the hand. Nice and premium all metal body. I prefer the feel of this to the G3. Picture quality is fantastic and low-light images are particularly good. The touch screen and/or button controlled interface makes the camera very easy to use. I like the iA mode for simple point and shoot. Normally I have the camera in aperture priority mode so I get nice depth of field. The 14-42mm kit manual kit lens is decent enough but I'll get myself the fast 20 mm 'pancake lens' to improve portability and picture quality even further.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliamt Camera, don't slate it because you're peaved with Amazon, 29 Nov. 2012
I think it is unfair to publish poor ratings for goods if you only want to complain about amazon..

There are plenty of reviews of this camera Om the net so I'll not repeat them, just confirm that this is a brilliant little Mu43 rangefinder style camera.

I have a GF1 now this.

As for the black Friday deal, I paid £321. Got £50 cashback and free 3 year warranty from Panasonic.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good camera. Not quite as user friendly for the complete novice as advertised., 24 Dec. 2012
I bought this camera over the Sony NEX models as I have a Mac. Sony are notoriously difficult to interface with Macs over a longstanding software battle. The information describes the ease of use (although to be fair - it does say that the camera has many advanced features). I have tried, using the instruction manual as a guide, to take shots in low light and also with various aperture ranges. None have turned out as I would have expected with a camera of this specification. Even using the intelligent auto feature produced less that satisfactory results. That said, I love the style and feel of the camera. It is also very robust. I will persevere in developing my skills to better use the features (which may be a causal link to the poor images I am getting), but I would not recommend for the complete beginner. Accessories are also very expensive, with the electronic viewfinder coming in at around £200.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture!, 19 Nov. 2014
Great picture! Really like the color!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast and small enough, 24 Dec. 2012
This camera is replacement for my Nikon D40 which i find to be to big for carrying in mountains. Its small, fast with good picture quality. Only kit lens (14-42) are too basic for my taste. I need to buy something with more reach.

4.0 out of 5 stars BF deal, 1 Dec. 2012
Like many others I bought this with the impression it was the x lens kit which was clearly shown in the picture attached to the offer. Great camera though and as I was away when it was unpacked have decided to keep it. Will think carefully though before buying an amazon deal like this again

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Friday suckers, 8 Jan. 2013
Scarfex 1 (Old London Town, Blighty) - See all my reviews
What's with all the negative reviews for the CAMERA just because people didn't get the deal they wanted from Amazon? This is a superb little camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Black Friday Deal Price? nonsense?, 20 Nov. 2012
£634.26?

getting this camera body with a H-PS14042E-S Power Zoom Lens, which is smaller and more expensive than the H-FS014042E Lens is only £562.49.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1XEB-S 16MP Compact System Camera Kit with H-PS14042E-S Power Zoom Lens - Silver

even the H-FS014042E Lens is £203.99 in the Panasonic website.

So,
How did you manage to make it £634.26?
By making the Body price £430.27?
Even you can get the body with the price of £365 for Black and £329 for Silver.
It's not even possible to reach £634.26, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm not even an camera expert guy, all I did was some simple calculation.

During Black Friday Deal 20th November 2012 9:15am, you can't even choose for the Power Zoom Lens or Black in colours (which both are more expensive).

Please justify this, or this are most likely a rip-off to everyone else for the Black Friday Deal for the 49% discount, which if it's not justified, it's not.

2.0 out of 5 stars Came with manual focus Lens, 22 Nov. 2012
I purchased this camera on the black friday deals and recieved two days later which was great. Unfortunately it came with the manual lens and not the push button power operated one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another disappointed with BF deal, 7 Dec. 2012
I just wanted to point the message I saw a few days ago:

" Item Under Review
This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.
We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page. "

I'm sure a lot of people complained about the mislead of the bf deal, first because of the price, second because of the image. Only after waiting for the moment the offer started, and clicking directly into the waiting list, achieving to put the camera into the basket, and pay for it, I realised about the text. In the beginning I thought it was a typo, but then I read other reviews in the item, and comments, and understood that this was no mistake.

Now they changed the price, from £634.26 to £419.99, and then changed the image to the normal 14-42 lens, that I already had, and wasn't interested in obviously. One of my first reasons to buy the kit was to get my hands in the powerzoom lens, to complement my G2, as I have some m43 lenses already, but I wasn't lucky with it. I have to say though, the prices for the GX1 in amazon went wild this month xD

About the camera itself, I haven't opened the box yet, so I can't tell, but there are lots of reviews around, and anyone can tell it's a good camera, not outstanding, but on top of any P&S.