5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, with one problem
Headset arrived quickly, and is the best one I've had. It is very clear both for me and for the people I am talking to, and simple to operate, although voice control doesn't work on my current, borrowed phone.

Published 16 months ago by Watchman Mee

Published 2 months ago by S. Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, with one problem, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Plantronics Marque 2 M165 Bluetooth Mono Headset - Black (Electronics)

The only problem is the announcements about charging: when I switch it on a female voice tells me softly how much talk time there is. But after it got down to 3 hours, the charge fell rapidly, eventually the voice telling me that the charge is low, please charge the device. This started happening every 2 minutes or so, and became really annoying, particularly as the announcements drowned out any conversation I was having with someone I had called! Perhaps if she didn't keep making so many announcements, the charge would last for another 2 hours! Shut Up Woman!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison to M55 - Much better control button!, 27 July 2014
I previously had the M55 model, which I was relatively happy with, until it got crackly and started cutting out. Amazon offered me a replacement or money back, so I upgraded to this one.

Many others have given extensive reviews already, so I shall focus on the key noticeable differences over the M55. I would say that the main one is that it has a button on it rather than the button being incorporated into the body of the unit. This makes a huge difference, as when you went to either put it in your ear or reposition it, you would inadvertently press the button and end up hanging up on the call. I haven't noticed too much difference in functionality other than it reacts and connects a bit quicker. It also seems to feel slightly less plasticky and better quality.

for me, the button arrangement alone make it worth it over the M55.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all round bluetooth headset I've used (and there's been a few), 14 Feb 2014
Summary
Had this for a week or so now and the intitial impressions are good, functionality, comfort, call quality and battery life are all good.

Fit / Comfort
It is surprisingly comfortable and in my stays in my right ear very well even without the supplied ear hook. My left ear on the other hand it does not feel quite so secure, I'm guessing this is down to the shape of my ear, but still better than the JabraTALK this has replaced. It is very lightweight and a bit smaller than other headsets I've had so this probably helps. When it is in my ear I can't actually feel that it is in.

Battery Life
The battery life appears to be good and I like the way it actually translates battery life into estimated talktime which it announced everytime you switch it on. This appears to be quite accurate too, when you have a fully charged headset it announces it has 7hrs of talktime and following an hour phone call this dropped to 6hrs of talktime. I would feel comfortable going away for a week and not taking a charger with me although it will probably invalidate the warranty as it uses a standard micro USB connection if you have a Android phone, Kindle or MiFi dongle the charger will fit and more than likely charge successfully.

Call Quality
Probably the most important factor As with all the other Plantronics headsets I have had over the years the call quality and connection quality is great, people sound clear to me and I've jet to have anyone complain that they can't hear me. The device has always stayed connected through any phone call which I can't say of the JabraTALK.

Functionality
The extended bluetooth capability means it can play music and other sounds from my iPhone, the quality is perfect for podcasts and sat-nav instructions and even though it is mono, music is quite good too. The fact it is a multipoint headset is very useful for people like me who have both a work mobile and a personal mobile as it connects to both when you switch it on and then whichever rings it connects to.

Accessories
Unlike other reviewers I got the USB car charger and the pass through charging cable, I can confirm that the supplied charger has sufficient power to supply the iPhone 5 with enough juice to charge the device and use Sat-Nav at the same time as charging the headset; something not all 12v USB chargers can do. Also included in the package was a plastic ear hook which I'm guessing could be used if your ear didn't quite fit the device or you felt that it wasn't as secure as you would like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Device, 9 July 2013
This is the best headset I've bought so far. Fits so snuggley in ear you forget its even there. The sound quality is brilliant and volume can be adjusted easily. It can connect to two phones at the same time which is a bonus. Works will with both smart phone and older keypad phones. Its light with a superb build quality. Would highly recommend this device

5.0 out of 5 stars Good headset, 28 Dec 2013
I love it.
It's so light. Pairs with iPhone and displays the remaining battery life.
Great for everyday use. I place it in my ear every time I need the phone. Otherwise I keep it in my pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 21 Jan 2013
I dived in to the whole bluetooth headset thing from the beginning but unfortunately my first was my last for 9 years. It was unreliable and way too big. Anyhow, thought i'd take the plunge again and am totally delighted with my purchase. This thing is tiny (7g) and does everything it says on the box (apart from the MyHeadset App which doesn't support all of the new features of the 165 yet). It connects to both my work iPhone and my Android Galaxy without any complications AND both together at the same time. I am reliably told that the sound quality is better than my standard headphone mic., something i really didn't expect. The headset verbally updates its remaining battery level and asks you if you want to answer a call, reply answer and it just works!!

For the price, there is absolutely nothing to complain about. It works very well indeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars solid build, 4 Nov 2013
I use a bluetooth headset all the time for work and have tried many types. This one is a nice solid build and a comfortable fit. The voice contol works ok with my galaxy s2 and the sound is clear without being exceptional. My only gripe is that a 2 in 1 car charger was not included and the wall charger supplied was not for the UK (think it was USA). It's a mini usb socket and I have several already, so I won't return it but be aware if you don't have a spare.

3.0 out of 5 stars The sound quality is better but it still has the same basic problem as ..., 20 Oct 2014
S. Richards (UK) - See all my reviews
It's very similar to the M55 except there is a small home button rather than having the entire back as the button. The sound quality is better but it still has the same basic problem as the M55. The voice answer doesn't work. Ignore works most of the time but when you say 'Answer' in any shape or form it rarely if ever picks up the call. This is extremely frustrating! It doesn't matter how or when you say answer or if you say it several times at all manner of volumes and any accent you can think of it won't work 99% of the time. If ignore works without a problem there is no reason 'Answer' shouldn't work just as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 17 Dec 2013
This product was amazing - enjoyed it and it was very useful
was recommended to me and so far have not seen any setback about the product

4.0 out of 5 stars headset, 15 May 2014
Is good but does not have the range that was stated when we bought it ...... It looses signal if to far from phone