5.0 out of 5 stars Adele is fabulous!!! Skyfall is amazing!!
I am very happy with my purchase of the single Skyfall which has an uinstrumantal version aswell.
So there is an opportunity for all the wannabe Adele's out there to sing along!
Arrived promptly and I play it endlessly in my car.
Would highly reccommend
Published 17 months ago by Teresa Crawford

3.0 out of 5 stars BAD
Should of been on the CD album. BAD BOND
Published 16 days ago by Pete12

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 413 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the end, 24 Feb 2014
E. A Solinas "ea_solinas" (MD USA) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
It would be difficult for me to find something that I DON'T love about the latest Bond movie, "Skyfall." But one of the things I loved best about it was Adele's theme song, also called "Skyfall." I'm not surprised that this song ended up winning an Academy Award for "Best Original Song" -- it's a majestic, soaring song that is tied tightly into the plot of the movie, but can also be appreciated on its own, as a love song.

It begins with a blare of brass and a gentle ripple of piano. "This is the end/Hold your breath and count to ten/Feel the earth move and then/Hear my heart burst again," Adele croons softly, sounding resigned whatever is happening. But strings begin to creep into the song, and by the chorus we're in full orchestral mode laced with that hard-edged Bond sound.

Actually, it sounds less like a Bond song, and more like a sort of apocalyptic hymn as she sings, "Let the sky fall, when it crumbles/We will stand tall/And face it all together!" The song uncoils after that like a sonic rose, unfolding new layers of dark horns, violins and a soaring winged finale that leaves your heart pounding.

"Skyfall" is a song that is both simple and complex -- it's got a seventy-seven person orchestra playing under J. A. C. Redford, and it has countless layers and harmonies sweeping together. The James Bond theme is woven in as well, but it feels natural and not like it was prodded in to make it more recognizably a Bond song -- it has its own sound and rhythm.

Instead of a pop song, it's a deep, rich ballad that starts off on a funereal, almost defeated note, only to blossom into fiery, powerful determination by the end. And the lyrics are tightly tied to the actual plot of the movie "Skyfall" -- just look at lines like "Skyfall is where we start," "I've drowned and dreamt this moment" and "we will stand tall/and face it all together/at Skyfall."

But the lyrics and imagery are also vague enough that it can be appreciated as a powerful love ballad in its own right, about triumphing over the odds with the help of one who loves you ("I know I'd never be me without the security/Are your loving arms keeping me from harm/Put your hand in my hand and we'll stand"). And Adele is... well, Adele. Her voice is rich, soulful and full of soaring emotion, and she sounds like she put all her heart and soul into this song.

"Skyfall" is a fitting song for the brilliant new Bond movie, in just about every way -- it's a bittersweet, rich, haunting experience that demands to be heard again and again. And it just made a new fan of Adele.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skyfall, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
Wanted as many Bond themes as possible. Had to get Skyfall separately as not on main CD but worth it. Will listen often.REally enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought it as a supplement, 13 Feb 2014
J. G. Vd Warenburg (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
The movie was almost vintage Bond, the song of Adele is the same. I bought the single because the song didn't make it on the last Best of Bond cd. The song - in my opinion - should be rated in the top 10 of Best Bond songs ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say -wow, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
Just wish the CD was longer wonderful music great listening. I would like now to buy the Adele album rare quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars so beautiful theme for james bond, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
love the james bond films & the music to go with them this one is fantastic you must buy this it great adelle sings it to perfection

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic hit, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
First class Bond movie theme and winner of the best Oscar film theme.
Adele really delivers a tribute befitting the hero that Bond is.
Rule Britannia!
Great song, great singing.

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
this is a excellent song. will buy again and again as presents glad it came out as a single excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Execellent!, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
Class track from a very talented lady! Cant get enough of Adele, and brilliantly composed for the best Bond film

5.0 out of 5 stars 007, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
Even though i am not a fan of Adele but this song is the best that she has done and it is quite emotional

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
I bought this because I could not bear not to have it. Adele is really wonderful and this is her best so far.

Only two tracks on it - an extended version of Skyfall sung by Adele and then an ochestrated version.

A bit expensive just for two tracks - but well worth it in my opinion.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 413 | Next ›

Skyfall
Skyfall by Adele (Audio CD - 2012)