5.0 out of 5 stars No-holds-barred romantic thriller
Oh my goodness. That was pretty intense. This no-holds-barred romantic thriller really takes you on a rollercoaster of a journey.

Argh, I feel drained. It was so so good!!

Published 16 months ago by Smittens Book Blog

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read
I was asked to review this book and when I started it the beginning blew me away - it was very intense, frightening and fast paced and it hooked you in immediately. After this the book fizzled out somewhat and was hard going in some places, with not enough back story explained that I felt let the plot down.

The male lead is very likeable, sexy, handsome,...
Published 8 months ago by The Kindle Book Review

5.0 out of 5 stars No-holds-barred romantic thriller, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Dangerous Embrace (The Embrace Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

Argh, I feel drained. It was so so good!!

Dangerous Embrace is fast paced from the get go, throwing you right into a chilling assault scene in the very first pages. So I knew from the beginning I was in for quite a ride, and I wasn't wrong.

This is a story about a woman who has experienced more trauma than anyone can every imagine... the book deals with domestic violence, rape, miscarriage, assault, murder, stalking... the list is long and horrific.

"You can't understand what it's like to have the choice taken away, a man forcing himself on you. Not caring if you want or don't want... and that powerlessness. Not being strong enough to stop - not having any control. It's something that never goes away."

The author write boldly about some very dark topics and the result is a bloodcurdling but gripping book! At 95% I thought my heart was going leap out of my chest, it was pounding so fast!

Our heroine, Sarah, is broken, terrified and living a poor excuse of a life. She's sworn of men, love and any notion of having a family and she trusts nobody, building walls around herself that are impossible to penetrate.

"I handed him my heart, soul, and spirit on a silver platter and he crushed them into a million pieces."

Enter Mark... our hero. And what a hero he is. If you like them over protective, a little bit controlling and so totally alpha male, you'll love Mark! *swoons* He bulldozes his way into Sarah's life and takes her problems onto his own shoulders...

"You should be able to have everything you want... you should be a mommy and a wife and you shouldn't have to live with your life being threatened at every turn."

And what happens in the meantime. Well of course, they fall in love. *big happy smiley face* Aww, he's just so adorable with her. I defy any reader not to fall in love with him.

"I promise to always be here when you wake up."

The only thing I would have changed... I would have loved an epilogue.

So with a whole heap of action, some seriously brutal scenes of violence, a hulking ex-police-officer, security professional, gorgeously hot hero and a beautiful love story, this is bound to be a hit. It kind of reminds me of a Kristen Ashley book, without the comedy. I highly recommend Dangerous Embrace!

"I love you Mark. You gave me my life back."

By Smitten's Book Blog

5.0 out of 5 stars A romantic thriller!, 9 Feb 2013
Sarah has a job she loves, a house she loves and an anonymous existence. She is a loner and likes it that way. She has her reasons. However, one fateful night Sarah is attacked outside work and her past comes back to haunt her, forcing memories to the surface again. Memories she had fought so long to stay buried. In the midst of the hell she is going through, her knight in shining armour comes in the form of Mark, a security expert and ex-cop. Mark is different to all the other men she has met but her past means she needs to keep him at arm's length. A past, and a threat she would rather forget. She needs to protect both herself and Mark.

Sarah's attacker gets away but he hasn't finished with her yet. He is determined to finish what he started and Sarah's life becomes a battle for survival. Not only fighting to survive her attacker but also a battle against Mark - to maintain her independence and never rely on another person again. However, Mark has other ideas and romance begins to blossom, despite Sarah's reluctance.

Dangerous embrace is a thriller with a romantic element to it. Sarah, underneath her bravado is a very frightened young woman who has been so badly emotionally and physically abused from a previous relationship that she struggles to trust anyone. Mark must break down Sarah's defences to be able to protect her as best he can. He needs to get to the truth, all the while fighting an unseen enemy from her past as well as the psychopath who is intent on getting to Sarah.

Dana Mason has written a fantastic psychological thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. At times you become frustrated with Sarah as she fights against Mark's selfless acts of kindness. Sarah is brave, defiant and resilient. However, she is also headstrong, stubborn and trusts no-one. The story has two threats to Sarah. A threat from the past and an on-going threat, making the reader wonder which one will break Sarah first.

I enjoyed this book. It's hard hitting in places but it needs to be. It is very well written and not afraid to tackle difficult subject matter. I enjoyed it and found it difficult to put down. I often became a little perplexed with Sarah and felt she was at times incredibly unlucky. At other times I marvelled at the way she fought back at whatever life was throwing at her. I understood how frustrated Mark felt! I'd recommend this book if you like a dark, psychological thriller that leaves you guessing right to the end. Full of twists and turns and the right amount of romance, it's a great read. I look forward to reading more books by Dana Mason.

4.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Dangerous Embrace (Paperback)
The story captured me from the first page in, I was totally involved with the lead female character and absorbed in her story and discovering where that was going to go. I loved the believable people and relationships in the story. The pace was brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS EMBRACE, 14 July 2013
This book was recommended to me. I was hook after the first page and I couldn't put my kindle down. I read it in two days and was not disappointed. Wow I wish I had someone like Mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would give 10 stars if I could, 13 April 2013
This book was absolutely fabulous. I was completely hooked from the very first page. It was a book that I couldn't go to sleep until I had finished it. Plenty of romance and suspense that keeps you gripped.

The story beings straight away with Sarah experiencing a violent attack. Mark is there and able to rescue Sarah and stays with her when she comes out of the hospital. There is a chemistry between them, which is difficult for Sarah due to her abusive past. Mark is focused on her safety as a stalker is still after her so the two of them spend a lot of time together. Mark makes Sarah feel safe and the two realise their feelings for each other quite early on in the book. The way that Mark helps Sarah to overcome her fears of being touched are absolutely beautiful. He is so patient and caring with her that you can't help but love both the characters.

Their more suspense towards the end of the book and the ending is perfect for the story. Highly recommended and ill definitely be looking out for this author in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to trust..., 28 Feb 2013
Linn B Halton (Gloucestershire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Sarah's life has always been complicated. Her judgment of men is based on a string of not just sad disappointments, but horrific intimidation and physical abuse. Ms Mason does a brilliant, and at times realistically graphic, job of demonstrating how the victim unwittingly begins to convince herself it's all her fault. Will Sarah ever be able to trust a man enough to relax and be herself? Your heart will be tugged as you see her pushing away Mark, a man who not only rescues her but finds himself wanting and needing to be her protector. He can let go of the hurt in his past, but will she ever let him in? Some scars are so deep, Ms Mason has you wondering whether anyone in Sarah's situation could ever turn their life around and find some normality. One that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last word on the page!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great romantic thriller!, 16 Oct 2012
Queen B (Salisbury, Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
Great, fast-paced romantic thriller that will keep you turning the pages! Sarah Jennings has been through the toughest upbringing and then she met a man who made her childhood seem like a piece of cake. Running from one man, fighting off another - can she put her faith in the attraction she feels for ex-cop Mark?

Easy writing style and characters you care about. Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars A really lovely romance., 17 Nov 2013
zoe (Newark, Nottinghamshire, U.K) - See all my reviews
Couldn't put it down! A real wow, it's such a twist and turn story, but sweet and steamy too. The characters were fab, the only criticism for me and why not the 5 star was the family element. The Mum was there of the main male lead, then never got mentioned again until the end. I think it would have added more depth to the story, I thought it was such a shame. Apart from that, a truly lovely story x

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 2 Nov 2013
The Kindle Book Review (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

The male lead is very likeable, sexy, handsome, strong, but her constant pushing away of him became somewhat annoying for me and detracted from my enjoyment of the book.

It is well edited, and I do like the cover, but I felt that this book was a bit of a misfire in the way it was executed.

I have book 2 to review so I am very interested to see how the story develops.

Rachel Dove
The Kindle Book Review

3.0 out of 5 stars a good read for a free book, 11 Aug 2013
it is not 50 shades, but it is a good book to hid away in if you need to escape every day pressures