5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all 'baby boomers'
Published on 19 Mar. 2013 by Mr. K. Heap

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better.
Although quite interesting, I didn't find this a satisfying read. I eventually grew tired of the constant repetition of "we"/"us"/"our" when there was a big discrepancy between the author's experiences or opinions and my own. Though we are the same age, Mr Feeney's London boyhood seems more like my grandparents' era. I was born in a mining...
Published 2 months ago by Sunnydays

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all 'baby boomers', 19 Mar. 2013
Mr. K. Heap - See all my reviews
I well written book that simply takes you back to your 1950's childhood and teenages and then the rest of your life to date. It is a book that you find yourself saying, "oh yes, I remember that!" The downside is, it reminds us of just how old we are getting!! Thoroughly recommended and a reminder of just how great the 1950's were. We 'baby boomers' are very lucky in that, I very much doubt, the world will ever see such a wonderful decade ever again. It was a period of true history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia at it's best!!, 30 Oct. 2012
Paul Feeney certainly knows how to revive old memories. An excellent read, especially for us post-war baby boomers as the author describes us. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars It bought back lots of memories for me, 9 Nov. 2012
I chose the rating because it was well written, and factual I have also bought one for a friend for Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing Back my Childhood, 26 Dec. 2012
Its lovely brings back a time when things werent so available and life was much more simple a more relaxed time.

4.0 out of 5 stars A pocket view of present day history, 27 Oct. 2013
This review is from: From Ration Book to ebook: The Life and Times of the Post-War Baby Boomers (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, it brought memories of my life to the present day and reminded me of what has happened during my 70 years

5.0 out of 5 stars Ration Book to E Book, 3 May 2013
Superb book which took me back to my childhood. Have already loaned it to a few of my friends. Will look for more in this style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trip down memory lane, 16 Feb. 2013
I LOVED reading this book! As a child of the early 1950's by the time I was born rationing was just ending. However it was a very memorable time for my Mother who was a young wife and Mother to be. As she is registered blind I found myself reading passages to her from the book. The first half of the book it was HER smiling, nodding and saying "oh yes I remember that"
The second half of the book it was ME! Beautifully written, what a talented story teller Paul Feeney is. Only wish I had a picture of the book cover to go with it as it is a perfect picture of children of the day. I know I shall be reading this book many times.
Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars From Ration Book to ebook, 7 July 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I am a child of the 1940,s and remember having lots of freedom to stay out for whole days during the long hot school holidays without any worry from parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT read !, 25 Jun. 2013
I haven't quite finished this book yet but so far I have been riveted. SO many things remind of my childhood and so many things brought back memories of times I had forgotten. If you were born/lived during these times then I would say this is a book for you. Its great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's twist again..., 23 Mar. 2015
Being one of the post war baby boomers referred to in this book was my reason for reading it. I was perhaps hoping for too much from it, in terms of insights of why things were the way they were, but it is sadly lacking in any substance. It is little more than a catalogue of material possessions, trends and fashions for each of the subsequent decades since the end of the war. I am not sure of the target audience for this history, since I can remember most of what it covers, although it did correct some of my time-frames. I would suggest it would be of value if you are interested in what everyday life was like for your parents or grandparents if they are of the post-war baby boomer generation.

So why have I given it a four star rating? When reviewing a book, I believe you should always judge it by what the author was trying to achieve rather than what you are looking from it. In this case the author has created a reasonable trip down memory lane for those whose memory needs jogging, but an in-depth social history it is not. Sadly lacking are illustrations of the products and fashions mentioned in the text for those not familiar with the same. There are however around thirty plates at the end covering street and work scenes over the decades covered. The author has seemingly wrung good milage from the subject matter as he has written around seven books which all appear to cover the same ground judging from their titles, although I must admit this is the first of his books that I have read but it has not engendered me to go on and read any of his other titles.