5.0 out of 5 stars So sad.
Published 10 months ago by Mr R Roberts

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring
Whilst I understand the need for people to report abuse, I had to abandon this book after reading about 20% of it. The book borders on fiction and I felt it had been written for effect rather than concern. I would not recommend this book to anyone.
Published 11 months ago by C. Sparkes

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 3 Sep 2013
C. Sparkes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Momma, Don't Hit Me! (Shannon's NH Diaries Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars 3rd party but where is the direct involvement?, 27 Sep 2013
A. Steele (England) - See all my reviews
Having downloaded the sample to my kindle of both books written by this author I have come to the same conclusion. As they are 3rd party accounts, with the author not really having any direct involvement with the families involved (certainly not in the excerpts I read), then this will just be heresay and not actual factual details. As this lady was 3rd party she will not be privy to 'actuals' but just her interpretations of what she thinks has gone on in the homes of another. I agree that what happened to people within the books were bad, and the stories should possibly be told, I don't think she was the correct person to do so as she was not a health-care professional or had any other involvement (foster carer etc vis a vis the heart-wrenching (but heart-warming) books by the likes of Casey Watson or Cathy Glass), so I don't think that theses books should have been published, as inaccuracies would be abundant and as such people may find it difficult picking the 'wood from the trees'.

Whilst the stories are harrowing, because it is the authors interpretation I am unsure as to how much is actual and how much is her if not twisting the facts exactly interpreting it to 'suit her needs'

5.0 out of 5 stars So sad., 21 Sep 2013
As a woman who works in the UK with children who suffered abuse. It hard to understand that Kevin (the boy in your book) didn't get any help. I don't say that the system in UK is better.(far from) and I know the child protection system here in the UK makes a lot of mistakes and also is run over by to many cases. I think in Kevin's case (and I like to think so) the police and social services would have taken the child away from the parent very early on. I'm so sad that (as it seem to me) that the people in the US, who should protect the children are so lay back, and for the police, SHAME ON THEM. But I wonder why, when you heard Kevin cry and cream for help, why didn't you go to their door and confront them, and even when you saw Kevin outside the flat, took him in and then phoned the child protection people, surely they had to do something then. I'm not judging you and I know how frustrated you must have been, but I couldn't have listened to his screams night after night without confrontation. I'm glad you wrote a book about it and made people aware how bad and frustrated child protection can be. I will read the next book, as I want to know what happened to Kevin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mom's,Don't hit me, 14 Sep 2013
I chose this rating as I enjoyed the style of writing, it was gripping and you could feel the hurt of the writer in trying to get a satisfactory assistance for Kevin,to stop his pain, it showed the frustration with neighbours, departments and police in how their hands are tied with having to have actual evidence before help is given. A good read and so glad that Kevin is still here and hopefully no permanent damage
physically or psychologically will come to him. Reporting any abuse physical or mental abuse is important to gain help for the abused as early as possible.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 14 Sep 2013
Didn't enjoy this book,not much of a story,just went on and on about the same thing,if I was listening to this going on think the last thing I would think about was writing a book about it

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 12 Sep 2013
I found this book very interesting to read, I would recommend it to my friends,it makes you appreciate the good/positive upbringing you have compared to some children

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Sep 2013
Amazing story line and really feel as though it brings the book to life. Gripping I couldn't let it go

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT WHAT EXPECTED, 4 Sep 2013
VERY BORING GOES OVER SAME THING MOST OF THE TIME READ IT QUITE QUICKLY WAS GOING TO GIVE UP HALF WAY THROUGH

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 25 Aug 2013
Good read this kind of read helps me through my job makes life a bit more understanding with the children of today

1.0 out of 5 stars boring, 24 Aug 2013
too drawn out story could have been told in 10 pages not a book I would recommend boring boring boring