Format: DVD|Change

on 9 March 2014
Before montatbano there was nothing. Excellent series and the books are great too. Watched them all on TV and purchased the CDs and watched them all again. Ciao.
on 13 January 2016
again... the best.. cheers hmac
on 1 February 2016
Great for all Montalbano fans!
on 20 June 2014
I will buy every Montalbano book as it comes out and the succeeding DVDs as I adore the series. The DVDs are so close to the book with only minor adjustments which, presumably, are geared to what is expected by the viewing public. The filming seems to get better and better, characters are well delineated, music well chosen and suitable without detracting from the action. I replay my Montalbanos frequently as each time I view something new takes my attention; the details are superb. As time has gone on, so have the characters grown older and more finely drawn. Montalbano himself appears to hold the reins of leadership more lightly, delegating more to his junior officers, almost as if he can see retirement looming in some future episode - very realistic. The filming is so stylish and portrays such scenery and architecture as well as the more seedy places, that I can't wait to return to Sicily which I love! Shots of the restaurants help!!
on 15 September 2015
Love it, love it love it!
on 27 September 2015
a brilliant programe
on 28 April 2013
Loved when I first viewed it - all just literally falls into his lap doesn't it, I mean the clues, but one gets so engrossed in the beautiful women, the Sicilian scenery along the coast where the series is filmed and the food, the Italian food - you have to be enjoying a bowl of spaghetti vongale and a good red wine when watching. Not to be taken too seriously - just enjoy! And then, wait for the next series ....
on 13 April 2014
what can one say? started watching the earlier series on tv and got hooked, best detective collection going wow, each collection gets you hooked and wanting to continue watching, the story lines are a mixture of serious detective work and romantic light comedy
on 10 May 2014
Although the mysteries are sometimes easy to solve, I love the background of the Island of the island and the characters involved.
I am enjoying the whole series. The early ones fit exactly to the later ones when Montalbano ages.
on 4 May 2013
Very stylish and a completely opposite experience from the Scandanavian gloom (which I also like). Here in sunny Sicily no matter how awful the murder there is alway time for a rather nice lunch. And Zingaretti is rather nice too.