5.0 out of 5 stars Impossibly beautiful
I'm no good with words and have never felt compelled to comment here before, but with the lightest, most achingly beautiful touch Phildel just blew the rest of my music collection to pieces. Five stars is nowhere near enough.
Published on 20 Mar. 2013 by Matthew Hynett

2.0 out of 5 stars nice voice shame about the song writing
Just felt I had to counter some of the slightly over the top praise this is receiving its a case of nice voice shame the songs are so repetitive and all sound the same. Its like one good idea/chorus/line spread over an entire album which is ok if you like that kind of thing personally I have very wide tastes musically and like variety this sadly doesn't really offer much...
Published 18 months ago by byekitty

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, came in good condition, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Disappearance of the Girl (Audio CD)
She has a very soft yet powerful voice. Lovely to listen to. Bought for my mum as a birthday present. Came in good condition on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Disappearance of the Girl (Audio CD)
I too strayed on this by accident and bought it entirely on the basis of the Amazon feedback - so i thought i should add my own. She has a genuinely stunning voice and the songs are beautifully simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give ten stars, 2 Sept. 2013
Alsatian1 (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
longCame across this album by accident. What an accident... Never heard music like this before, it dances across the border of so many genres, classic, dance, pop, ballad... There is a really beautiful east Asian twist featuring throughout, not surprising given her heritage.

After googling her to find out a bit more, she's had to fight to get where she is and I have so much respect for someone to achieve something like this against the odds. Startlingly clear voice, music to move the soul and an attack driven from her struggles. I will be watching this artist like a hawk, absolutely amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful, 27 Aug. 2013
Haunting voice,
Fabulous melodies
Great songs,

This appeared in my Amazon recommendations and my first thought was 'Who ?' I then listened to the samples on the MP3 and thought it sounded amazing so I purchased it and I was right - it is simply a stunning album.
Phildel's ethereal sound slots here into somewhere around the Tori Amos / Kate Bush genre - my perfect sweet spot.
I just love this album - Phildels voice has a haunting beauty about it, the songs are simply stunning and the melodies and arrangements provide a fabulous backdrop.
This is simply beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 22 Aug. 2013
Hadn't really heard of this artist before buying this album and I'm not disappointed at all. Such a lovely mix of songs and great voice. Will be listening to this for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice change!, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Disappearance of the Girl (Audio CD)
I love many genres of Music and i consider this Album to be easy listening, to me at least it is. Anyway i feel that any new Artists or Albums from anyone with any real talent or value, sadly never get a look in these days, this is probably due to the fact Music is now geared to the Masses! Sorry young Masses that is, and the vast majority of young people now have no Taste, Brain or Mind of their own, opting for hear today forgot tomorrow disposable Crap!!! Following the Herd like the little Sheep they are, either to afraid to rock the boat or form their own opinion. Intelligence also play a part in this, for example have you heard them talk!!! Words that don't exist, words pronounced totally wrong & Zero sentence structure to speak of, and very limited common sense! The thought that they are the Future is a Sad and Terrifying prospect. Anyway enough with the Rant! Back to what actually matters! This Album is Joy to hear, and a breath of fresh Air! Thank you Phildel for something new, interesting and a pleasure to relax to. I will not waste time trying to compare this Album to other Albums or Artists, all i will say is just give it a listen if you like to Relax, Drift and Dream to beautiful Music. Once again to Phildel, thank you for showing us that real Talent, Music and Beauty are not Dead in this Trow away World of Waste and Wasters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Phildel CD The disappearance of the Girl, 18 July 2013
This review is from: The Disappearance of the Girl (Audio CD)
Great first album she has a wonderful voice which makes for an easy listening album when she sings the tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning first album, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Disappearance of the Girl (Audio CD)
This girl is a real talent - an amazingly beautiful album. Her voice has clarity but also depth and the album is superbly produced. Storm Song is one of the most beautiful songs in my collection. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Briilliant CD, 7 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Disappearance of the Girl (Audio CD)
I heard Phildel on a TV interview and wanted the CD - chose this rating on price and delivery time
I liked the prompt delivery
I have recommended this product to friends and colleagues who also have an eclectic taste in music

5.0 out of 5 stars Why..., 3 Jun. 2013
I'm really surprised this has not yet charted. It's a lovely moody mix of melodies that just keep me bordering on melancholy and quiet joy...

The Disappearance of the Girl
The Disappearance of the Girl by Phildel (Audio CD - 2013)