Even though we live in London, my five year old daughter adored this book. Charlie and Lola go on (what must have been an exhausting!) day trip to London and visit lots of major tourist attractions - Buckingham Palce, Trafalgar Square, the Natural History Museum, Big Ben, the National Portrait Gallery, the Tower of London, the Royal Observatory and take a riverboat on the Thames. If you are planning a trip to London this would be a wonderful book to introduce your children to some of the places you might like to visit. It even has two postcards at the back, which your child can send while they are there. A really great book for children, with lots of Charlie and Lola humour.
on 22 January 2016
My 3 years old boy love Charlie and Lola and this book is a great introduction to show him London, where we live, and make plans to visit all the places Charlie and Lola went over. In the book, Charlie and Lola are in a school trip to visit London, first they think of all the things they will need in the trip, camera, food, money.. and then in London they have to hold hands with a school partner so they don't get lost (my kid loves this, and he always mention it to me) and they go around to the main landmarks in London, Buckingham palace, Big Ben, National gallery, Trafalgar square, Planetarium, boat in the Thames, Science Museum and London Eye. It gave me the idea of a day trip getting a boat from the Tate to the Planetarium in Greenwich. In the end of the book there is a resume of all the places they have visited with a tick box beside it. Very clever idea, now we can tag the places we've been to.
I have also bought this book to friends with young kids living abroad to show where we live. I totally recommend this book.
on 30 August 2012
The book itself is spot on, so don't let this put you off as it did arrive and it was in excellent condition.

Having had many items from Amazon I thought it would be a quick delivery, and in time for my daughters birthday six weeks later. To be fair the despatch and delivery period straddled a few months shall we say, but I never expected it to be that long. It turned up after about seven weeks. Had I known I would have joined the Waterstones website and had it delivered within a week at the same price, but I was pushed for time, next time I'll make time. So be warned, when it says despatch and delivery start next month, that's what it means, at least.
on 1 January 2016
My daughter loves the book, as we got it from the library. She loves this just as much. However, the library version had post cards at the back for the kids to write, but this didn't. Not sure if we were unlucky, or if it's been changed
on 6 December 2014
I bought this as a present for my daughter as we were going on her first trip to London. Lovely story of Charlie and Lola visiting lots of London tourist attractions. My daughter loved spotting things she'd seen in the book.
on 3 May 2012
It has been really useful for helping my year 2's to learn the landmarks of London.

They really enjoy the language used and ask me to read it as their end of day story everytime they find it in the box.
on 19 January 2015
This is another delightful Charlie and Lola book. My grandchildren had been to London very recently and enjoyed pointing out the places they had visited as we read the book. Beautifully illustrated as always.
on 10 September 2014
Bought this for my son solely because he saw the bus on the front and had a thing about them at the time - there are no buses in the book at all! Story is OK but once the lack of buses was established he has not asked to read it again!
on 5 May 2013
I am a big fan of Charlie and Lola. My grandchildren love them, usually. This was not so much a delightful story as a rather tedious travelogue of London. They walked off in the middle of the story telling and I can't say I blame them! Drawings are charming, as ever and it has a kind of educational something about it, but not up to standard, I fear.
on 17 June 2013
I ordered this book for my 3 year old son as he loves Charlie and Lola at the moment. The book is absolutely lovely, it's fun and educational. It has been a big success with my son. Having not been to London with him yet it's been a great way to introduce him to the capital and some of it's land marks. My personal favorite section of the book is the additions at the end. They've included a check list of the land marks visited in the story for when you make your own trip to London and a couple of postcards along with a guide on how to use them.