5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond my expectations
Published on 12 Mar. 2013 by Sh4rkey

3.0 out of 5 stars The Monitor is great... While it works!
This is a fantastic monitor it has beautiful colors and great sound considering the price range. Movies and Games feel alive and rich, with great contrast between light and dark. I would easily be giving this monitor 5 star if it wasn't for that fact that it has broken twice within half a year. First time half the screen only displayed red pixels. And on the replacement...
Published 3 months ago by Mr Daniel Blakeburn

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond my expectations, 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Acer S275HLBMII 27-inch Monitor 16:9 FHD ZeroFrame IPS LED CrystalBrite 6 ms 100M:1 250 nits 6 ms HDMIx2 MM Acer EcoDisplay (Accessory)
Well packaged and easy to unpack and connect. I read one review that worried me that the monitor lurched to one side because of the off-centre stand which this monitor has. Not true! The base comes attached, but not tightened. There are two large screws in the base (in place, and ready to be tightened). Once these are tightened using a screwdriver (they have sort of wings for optional manual tightening - don't use these) - the base is located well and quite adequately and my monitor sits perfectly horizontal. One of the reasons I went for Acer is the glossy screen, which I like - I think it increases the sharpness of the images. I didn't realise that there's no DVI input socket, but a VGA and two HDMIs, so I've connected meantime with the supplied VGA cable, but have ordered a DVI to HDMI converter socket so I can use the high def connection. Also, the menu and power buttons are easily accessible on the broad base and not on the edge of the monitor or underneath and the connections are at the rear of the base rather than in that awkward under-the-monitor location. I set the screen resolution to 1920 x 1080, but still the desktop didn't fit the available monitor screen, but, going into advanced display settings gave me a stretch function which sorted that and it looks super, even although it's temporarily working on VGA. I haven't used the speakers as I don't need them, so can't comment on them. All in all a fantastic monitor for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant buy, 17 Feb. 2013
this is a fantastic piece of equipment. the picture quality is amazing and easy to operate. I would definitely purchase this type of screen again . having recently purchased an acer tower I am very happy with the combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, 12 Feb. 2013
Excellent Monitor with modern and stylish design. Ideall for CAD and other design work.
Easy to set up, and great value fo money.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent monitor, 17 Jan. 2013
Purchased for use as an external screen for 11" Macbook Air as I couldn't justify the cost of Apple's thunderbolt display. I'd been looking at a Samsung display for a little over £300, but grabbed this on impulse as a glossy IPS panel for under £200 was just too good a deal to resist.

Very glad I did, too - pleasantly surprised at just how good this screen is. Sure, it's not as sharp as the Apple display (mainly due to the fact that it's lower resolution - 1920x1080 vs 2560x1440 - but sharpness is nevertheless more than acceptable for DTP and web design work whilst contrast and colour balance (once properly calibrated) are first class.

Ridiculously good value for money - very pleased indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars great choice, 4 Mar. 2013
The product came very well packaged. The screen itself is brilliant, it has perfect viewing angles and looks quite sturdy..So far i have used it with both my laptop and an external hdd with media streaming capabilities with no problem at all..all in all a good choice. Personally i cannot tell about how this screen copes with professional applications, like photo and video editing or hardcore gaming, as i don't use it for such purpose, but for a mainstream user like myself (movies watching, net-surfing, office applications), it is a good choice and a great value-for-money..!! Especially here in Greece, where it came 100 euros more expensive than amazon.co.uk. I am very satisfied and I would surely recommend this monitor..

4.0 out of 5 stars Good large monitor, but don't expect amazing sound!, 4 April 2013
Daniel Smedley "Dan Smeds" (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been wanting a larger monitor for a while now, so decided to go for this one.
The Screen is large, has no visible imperfections that I can see. The picture is sharp, colours are rich, which is all what I want in a monitor.
The monitor has 2xHDMI and 1xVGA (With 3.5mm sound) inputs. This is great as I wanted to be able to switch between my home computer and my work laptop without messing around with cables. The only slight downside is that to switch the inputs when they're both live you need to go through the menu. This isn't difficult, but there would easily have been room on the stand for a dedicated source button. It will switch to whichever live input it detects automatically though.
One potential issue for prospective buyers is the fact that the stand is integral to the monitor, it can't be removed as the power/inputs/controls are situated within it, which means no wall-mounting or putting on a wall-mount style monitor stand. This is a design feature, however, so doesn't count against the number of stars I have given it. It's just something to be mindful of when you consider purchasing it.
The speakers are nothing to write home about, although plugging a blu-ray player into the HDMI is watchable. However you're not usually buying a monitor for the quality if its speakers.
All in all, this is a good monitor which has a couple of tiny issues as mentioned above, namely no easy method of switching inputs and not-very-impressive speakers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price and excellent quality, 22 Aug. 2013
I'm using this as a secondary monitor for my laptop. The 27 inch screen is excellent and allows working on two documents side by side. I am not one for adjusting monitors colour balance etc but can confirm that the settings out the box are very good. Reasonable stand and very easy set up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Picture Excellent - but sound very tinnie., 5 May 2014
Lee Carpenter - See all my reviews
The picture quality is excellent, and the design very robust (some monitors with a stand are very flimsy). Although not a selling feature, the space underneath the monitor allows to put remotes etcs underneath it, unlike most others.
the one issue I have is with the sound - it comes over very 'tinnie'. The user manual does mention anything about sound or speakers, so I cannot see if there is a setting I can change.
So may need to go with external speakers, which is pity (but I do have space under the monitor!) - but on balance the picture quality does outweigh the sound problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars I actually bought 2 monitors and here are my thoughts ..., 18 July 2014
I actually bought 2 monitors and here are my thoughts:

CONS:
-2 monitor setup might make some of you frustrated as in my case one of them is slightly lower (0,5 inch) then the other.
No matter how hard I try to adjust it, I believe it is just the way how they pre-assembled it in factory.
-shame it does not support more then 1980x1040

PROS:
-27-inch size for fair price
-easy assembly
-good quality of colours
-easy configuration with in-build menu
-I could fit 2 of them on my small desk
-easy in maintenance

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clear screen, 6 Jun. 2013
Ok so i am on the look out for a Screen to bolt on to my lap top to view photos i take with a DSLR, after a bit of searching around, i came across this one, bear in mind i have a Acer lap top already, thought the picture above didnt tell much and had to swifty adopt a tape measure to picture the screen fully, however it has arrived, good clear picture, and gives a new perspective of the photos i have taken and viewed on other screens, very crisp picture with a good tilt system for the screen, it does exactly what it says listed. the only thing i would watch for is when unpacking the screen, is to remember to tighten the screws up under the stand, bit of a senior moment when i missed this and the screen flopped backwards. cables are all supplied to do what you need to do, cables are tucked away out of sight to the rear of the stand, and ease of use screen buttons located to the front, there isnt really anything you can dislike about this product, its clear crisp and built well, well packed and easy to set up, if your after a large screen with a 5 * picture, this would be the one.