5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Purchase
Published 16 months ago by Jodie Shaw

2.0 out of 5 stars remote control spoiled deal
push button fell off remote control unit making it bit possible to control the sound level via remote.Sent it back as Amazon would not just replace the remote.The sound bar was excellent.
Published 10 months ago by plasticman

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Purchase, 16 July 2013
This review is from: LG NB2020A Speaker Bar (Electronics)
After countless weeks looking and reading reviews on sound bars I decided to take the plunge on this one. reasonably priced I wasn't expecting much or looking for an amazing 3D surround sound experience but that is what I got. I have a 42 inch LG smart TV and the sound quality is very poor due to limited space available in the TV for the speakers. I 100% recommend this product to anyone that is looking to enhance their TV sound. I dont even bother putting the sound up on the TV now I just use the sound bar at all times for everything played through the TV. (Xbox, DVD, Music) I am so glad I didnt fork out for a complete 5:1 surround sound package as I feel this more than does the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars LG NB2020A Speaker Bar, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: LG NB2020A Speaker Bar (Electronics)
Easy to set up. We are very pleased with the sound quality from the sound bar. I think people complaining about the lack of bass and controls are expecting too much from a product at this price. You pays your money. The surround needs more work on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Product, 17 May 2013
This review is from: LG NB2020A Speaker Bar (Electronics)
This product is decent but not the best, it's an average product.
If you have a flat screen TV and the sound is a bit flat then this sound bar is perfect for you just to boost the higher frequency sounds.

I have tested the bar with Music, TV and Film.

Instantly you will notice 1 factor that lets the bar down which is Bass. The bass it very subtle.
For an enhancement to you TV set this is perfect. It amplifies the sound and gives cleaner audio.

It's best for watching normal TV programmes
It's "OKAY" for watching Movies
It's alright for listening to songs. (Bass lets it down)

If you want something affordable and to enhance you TV viewing this is for you.
If your into your Bass which movies and music require then an upgrade for surround sound is where you should be looking.

Somethings to note:
You need to have an Digital Optical Connection.
In your TV would be the best option as all devices plugged into the TV via HDMI will transmits HQ sounds which will go forward to the bar.
One problem is when using the bar and using your TVs speakers at the same time, you can tell the difference and it sounds like it's a bit "off".

If it is a case of it literally been out of sync there is a good feature on this sound bar called AV sync,
of course meaning Audio Video sync. As the optics wire is at the speed of light it's very fast so the sound may be coming in a little too fast, this feature allows you to offset the sound.

The optical cable is decent but you can get better ones which will alter your sound quality slightly.

The bar design is nice it fits under the TV perfectly and is within the horizontal boundary of the TV (42 Inch).

To conclude:
I do like this bar the only negative i give it is the bass isn't great but it is much better than the standard speakers in the TV.
My TV is a good TV it's a Toshiba but the speakers are not very loud for example watching films.
Also as it's plugged into the Sky box via HDMI once you go past the 50 volume setting there doesn't seem to be any difference in volume on the TV set but with this bar it completely enhances the sound and amplifies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soundbar, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: LG NB2020A Speaker Bar (Electronics)
my new Samsung has very poor sound quality and this soundbar has improved it considerably for very little cost - great purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars It great, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: LG NB2020A Speaker Bar (Electronics)
For the money it's as good as some twice the price and really easy to set up. Great value for money would recommend without a doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats TV sound anytime!, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: LG NB2020A Speaker Bar (Electronics)
Purchased one of these Soundbars recently to match with an existing LG LCD 42" TV, after already purchasing a Sharp equivalent for another TV over a year ago.
I was fed up listening to the thin, tinny sound output from the LG(a fault common to all modern TVs), and have been very pleased with the LG soundbar.
It is extremely well made, stylish and compact, and does not look at all obtrusive sitting in front of the TV.
A slight word of warning though. It does not have any controls at all in the way of Bass or Treble boost, or the lessening of, and I suspect that LG have incorporated speakers that give good balance of sound, with a more than adequate bass for most ears.
Also, a word of advice. Despite what the experts tell us, a quality optical lead does make the difference between adequate sound and excellent sound. I have put back in the box the optical lead supplied, and tried 2 or 3 alternatives. The first two, which cost around £4.00 each made the bass boomy and woolly.
The third cable purchased, a Fisual "Pearl"(purchased from Audiovisual online) is fantastic.
No hesitation in recommending both products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: LG NB2020A Speaker Bar (Electronics)
It does it's job well but I wish I could alter the bass on it .... Less bass would be better .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, great product!, 12 July 2013
This review is from: LG NB2020A Speaker Bar (Electronics)
I was looking for a sound bar and this looked to be great value for money.

First the service from Amazon. I live in Cyprus so normally expect to wait a week for delivery. In fact, for larger items like this I normally have to drive to the main post office in Limassol to collect it. However, this item was delivered by UPS the very next day for the £7 delivery charge! In fact, I had the parcel in my hands before my account had been debited! 5 Star Service!

Next the product. I was a bit worried that it might be 'too cheap' compared to some of the other sound bars on the market. But it works excellently with a deep, clear sound. It matches my LG TV perfectly and the remote control also operates the TV. I am very, very pleased with it... 5 Star Product!

Just as a matter of technical detail, I am playing TV programmes and videos from a Sony Playstation. The TV is connected via HDMI and the sound bar via the supplied optical cable from the playstation (the TV is in effect just a monitor now with the speakers turned off). It works exactly as I had hoped.

4.0 out of 5 stars great sound improvement, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: LG NB2020A Speaker Bar (Electronics)
Very pleased with my sound bar. Certainly advanced my sound levels both tone and volume and gives it depth the TV was missing. Recommended for price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound at a great price, 10 July 2013
This review is from: LG NB2020A Speaker Bar (Electronics)
the sound bar does every thing I wanted from a sound bar at a very reasonable price, I wanted to improve the sound from a large flat screen t.v.and it has vastly improved the sound.

LG NB2020A Speaker Bar