5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, great value.
Published 3 months ago by Julian Hughes

1.0 out of 5 stars Over sold
Wanted a good headset for Skype etc and got this for the noise cancelling and other features. Despite tests on several devices the mic does not work and the noise cancelling just seems like a low level drone in the ears. Found an old logitec headset that works better
Published 5 months ago by Sbv3000

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, great value., 19 Mar 2014
Julian Hughes (Hove) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Wolfson Microelectronics Skype Headset DS-102A (Black) (Personal Computers)
These earphones sound identical to the more expensive DS-101A model. The noise cancelling is the same as well. The difference is that the DS-101A model is designed for smartphones so has a call answering button while this DS-102A set is designed for Skype so it doesn't have an answer button but does have an accessory splitter cable to attach to separate headphone and microphone sockets as found on PCs and laptops.

These are very nice earphones for music and other multimedia and general use so to get them at such a low price is great. The noise cancellation is extremely useful but does depend on a good fit; if you're not getting the benefit try the different sizes of tips and also try wearing them with the cable looped back over the ears so the earphones sit a bit more easily in your ear and the tips sit snugly in the opening of the ear canal.

You charge them from USB using the supplied short cable and the charge is good enough for about 30 hours of noise reduction. The earphones work fine without any power, though you don't get much isolation.

The sound quality is very good. There is great clarity. For music and movies you get a well balanced sound without the exaggerated dull booming that passes for bass in most headphones these days, especially cheap ones and fashion brands. I use these and my other Digital Silence earphones daily, often in preference to far more expensive models.

These seem well made of good quality materials, come with all the accessories you need to use them with mobile devices, PCs and so on, and everything fits in a drawstring pouch. They are good earphones for general use and truly superb value.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does exactly what it claims., 12 July 2013
I tried these on an 8hr flight and found that they worked much better than I expected. Although the sound was not the best it was perfectly satisfactory and I had no problem with the comfort. The charge lasted the flight. I would have given it a 5 if it had a volume control. It also comes with an comprehensive assortment of adapters. I have not tried to use it for a Skype call yet and would recommend it to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT., 1 July 2013
I bought them for my husband, he thinks they are brilliant. In the past he as tried many others but never liked them as much as these. He said the sound is great, they are very comfy to wear and hold the charge very well. I would recommend them to friends as they are Brill.

5.0 out of 5 stars They do what it said on the tin!, 8 May 2014
I used these on a 19 hour flight from UK to the Falklands. All I can say is that they are fantastic! On an A330 they cut the background sound effectively and really made the trip comfortable

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect headphones - amazing for use on a plane, 4 May 2014
These headphones are great, especially on a plane or train, they really work well at cancelling out the sound which means the music is much clearer to listen to. They are at a brilliant price and I would definitely recommend them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good for the price, 3 Jan 2014
G. R. Webb "Gazza" (UK) - See all my reviews
I wasn't expecting the noise cancelling to be as good as it was on this set. I have a number of other more expensive noise cancelling earphones, and these are actually more effective. I did however buy these for work for use in internet based meetings, and they work great. All in all, a very good buy and well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quality at a very good price, 9 July 2014
My normal headset for travelling is a Sennheiser over ear headset which cost nearly 200 when new. They are excellent but get hot on my ears, they are also difficult, if not impossible to use when trying to sleep on a plane.
I bought these to try and thought that they were so cheap, it was worth the risk. They performed excellently on the tube to the airport, always a challenge for my others and on the plane were great. I even managed to sleep on the overnight flight to Cape Town using them. My only gripe is that I would like a volume control within the unit as they need my phone to be on full to work in some environments.
Having said that, I will probably by another pair for my wife for when we travel on holiday.

1.0 out of 5 stars Over sold, 6 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, works perfectly!, 29 Nov 2013
It is very well-made, the sound quality is great. I like the fact that I can use it for my PC as well as my mobile. I bought it for Skype use at home, so not tested outside yet. The ear buds are nice and soft, fit in my ears comfortably.

5.0 out of 5 stars Headset, 3 Aug 2013
Not sure why I have to review products with a mandatory number of words? I like the product but it doesn't mean I'm excited by it!

Wolfson Microelectronics Skype Headset DS-102A (Black)
17.99