on 17 December 2012
This card has given my first generation i5 dell PC an excellent boost where games are concerned. The card is quite long so you need to ensure you have enough space in your PC when installing. An added advantage of the card is that it needs less power than previous Nvidea cards so a 400w power supply should be sufficient. I have only 350w and have had no problems to date.

So how do games perform? Well this card is up there with a Nvidea 560 ti. Demanding games like skyrim and the witcher 2 run very smoothly on high detail at 1920x1200. Windows performance index rates the card at 7.6.

To conclude - I would definitely recommend this card
on 16 August 2013
I bought this GPU with the intention of playing battlefield 3 so let me tell you how it went.

specs:
intel i5-3570K 3.4GHz with stock cpu fan
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX650Ti 2GB DDR5 PCI-E
MSI B75A-G43 Motherboard
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 1TB 64mb cache SATA-3 6Gbps

I wanted to jump straight into battlefield and I can confirm that on a monitor with a resolution of 720p, this graphics card has no problem with running ultra settings with no lag, during multiplayer I get max: 80fps with a minimum of 42fps. Maxed out settings is perfectly playable so I assume it will just manage BF4 alright. Other games like starcraft 2 run smoothly at around 100fps which is well beyond my needs. I can recommend this GPU for those who are looking for a lot of bite for their 'buck'

Its also worth mentioning that the fans are very quite. Its like a mouse coughing on a flute.

UPDATE:
after playing BF4, ultra settings are certainly playable and look incredible but on maps with more foliage then others you start to see the occasional lag. To be honest, if you just let the nVidia software optimise the game to an ultra/high standard; the game will run as smooth as silk.
on 16 May 2013
This card is an excellent graphics card for the money, it's basically a 'cheap' stripped down Kepler card.

I have found that it's possible with this card to get 60 frames per second at 1080p resolution in the following games at *very* near maximum settings: Battlefield 3, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite, Batman Arkham City.

You can spam out your football games like PES and FIFA so 1080p 60 frames per second at the max settings with this card.

And if you're willing to drop all the way down to 720p, which on some HDTVs doesn't make all that much visual difference for what that's worth, you will get 60 frames per second on high settings with the following games: Splinter Cell Blacklist, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, Alan Wake.

For me this card is phenomenal value and was a nice upgrade from the card I had previously. It's an ideal card for those on a tight budget or those who aren't that bothered and are willing to play at 720p if need be etc.

***UPDATE***

I've had this card for about 4-6 months now, and there's 2 things I want to make mention of. Number 1 is that some games can be unstable with this card at stock (Alan Wake and Bioshock Infinite both crash my system) however I have noticed that underclocking the card by 143mhz with MSI Afterburner in my case fixes the stability issues totally. I am not knocking a star off for this because the way I review my items is Amazon equates 5 stars as loving the item not flawless perfection, there's a big differenece! But I state the pros and cons in the body of my review leaving it up to you the reader to decide for yourself.

The other thing I want to mention is that one thing I've noticed is 30 frames per second on a 60 hz display introduces judder and traces of control lag whereas 60 frames per second on a 60 hz display is effortlessly super fluid in motion and supremely responsive! It really is night and day.

So then final conclusion, for the money I still rate this 5 stars as I loved it and it served me well and still does, but I will be upgrading shortly. Not because the card is bad, it's not at all, it's just I want 1080p at 60 frames per second in all my games and I'm willing to pay a bit more for it.
55 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 September 2013
For a reasonable price this gives a very good performance. Will play most games on high resolution at a good frame rate. Will fill your screen at '1920x1080. (no border). I have been running it for several weeks now with no problems (on an alienware Aurora i7intel). The built in fan is very quite. All in all an excellent buy.
Make sure you a spare connecter to your power supply, has you will probably need it.
on 17 December 2013
this card is brilliant super quiet cant even hear the fans running hard drive is louder and has no problems playing on high demand games like bf4 on high settings even when I only have a i3 processor. It doesn't even over heat after a play for 5 or 6 hours
its just a great card
on 15 April 2013
I was looking for a graphics card that was in my budget range that would be good enough to play game like skyrim, fallout 3 etc... Well what can i say, it is absolutely amazing.
It runs all my games at ultra high (without mods) and high (with mods) but i can't really see the difference in the two, i also run it through HDMI cable to a 23'in 1080p monitor, which looks amazing and crystal clear.
It was simple to install and setup, and the actual fan was surprisingly a lot quieter than i expected even when its playing demanding games like skyrim with a tone of mods.
If anyone is looking for an amazing graphics card and can't really afford them £200+ graphics card, this is the one for you, i would definitely recommend this Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 650Ti 2gb.
on 5 August 2013
I gave this card 5 stars simply because it does everything I ask of it, I can play any game i throw at it at the highest settings at a really playable frame rate. I bought this card for high demand gaming and to use for 3D rendering and i must say this card does the job really well. Two giant yet pretty much silent cooling fans keep the card at a nice temperature even though the card is pretty big. I'd recommend this card to any gamer looking for a card to get them started with the PC gaming hype and for pretty much any gaming needs. 10/10 Well impressed!
on 8 November 2013
Ok, so i bought one of these cards around 5 months ago, started off great, awesome card, until i updated via nvidea experience. After update, half my games no longer worked, world of warcraft, Rift, mass effect 3 and many others. over the weeks after it got worse so i contacted Amazon and they sent me a replacement card, same model. the new card has been fine for just over a month as i was afraid to update it at all. i took the risk a couple of weeks ago and updated. the card started showing similar symptoms to the first one i had. now the card barely works at all, wont play most of my games and pc freezes again etc until force powered off. I have done tons of researched on-line and it seems many others have similar issues with nvideas BAD drivers. I have contacted amazon again today to hopefully get a replacement or refund. I had to buy a new card recently, a sapphire HD 7950, plugged it in and ALL the crashes have gone, all my games etc work. run many tests with 3 different pc builds and 3 different gfx cards. its definitely bad drivers, so beware people. updating this card can effectively brick it and make it useless. I currently have 2 GTX 650 TI's now sitting on my cupboard, basicly useless!
on 1 August 2013
Exactly what I wanted, good performance, running at 25 degrees idle and max 37 under full load with no exhaust fan - great card!
on 24 October 2013
Its great for a entry level to Mid Level gamer over-clocking works great it's sturdy fits perfectly it stays cool Drivers worked for Windows 8 and 7 good price well worth the money.