5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I discovered this!
Published 22 months ago by Gus

1.0 out of 5 stars Second Gin Wigmore I've bought
No didn't like this one at all, can't listen to any off the tracks Sorry but, not a patch on Holy Smoke. So if your torn between the two albums then pick the other one first, Then sample this one (I didn't)
Published 10 months ago by Howard Bell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I discovered this!, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (Audio CD)
I saw Gin Wigmore last weekend in Glasgow, where she was supporting Train on tour. She has a fabulous voice - think Paloma Faith mixed with Amy Winehouse....and this is a really gutsy album. I loved everything I heard her sing live, and knew the album was being ordered immediately. It doesn't disappoint. I don't think there is a bad track on this. I would love to see her do well in the UK. A month and a half on, I'm still playing this CD alot. There are great ballsy tracks like Black Sheep, and there are beautiful quiet tracks that stay with you long after they finish like Saturday Smile. This album is going to be a favourite for a long time to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album, 28 Mar 2013
Emma Price (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (Audio CD)
I first heard Gin Wigmore when I was on holiday in New Zealand. I decided to buy her album and have not regretted it. There are no bad tracks and some excellent ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really unusual and worth a listen, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (Audio CD)
Heard this band being interviewed on the radio and singing live so got straight onto the internet to try and find something of theirs and was very pleased with my choice of CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (MP3 Download)
exciting, fresh, strong sound with a voice to match, Recommend this to anyone looking for new music which will not date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 24 Sep 2013
D. H. Doughty (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (MP3 Download)
Love this album. Quirky, but grows on you more and more the more often you listen to it. Great choice if you like something different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (Audio CD)
This girls got swing and guts. Great tunes .
Took it on a road trip with the girls and played it non stop...Could name a fav track all good.

5.0 out of 5 stars big fan, 27 Aug 2013
Mrs. D. Sanderson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (MP3 Download)
Gin's voice is very gravelly and very unique. I have all of her music and really enjoy it. There is some great rocking songs and some heart wrenching sad songs

4.0 out of 5 stars great vocals, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (MP3 Download)
Great voice, with Amy Winehouse undertones. Some songs take a couple of listens to fully appreciate but particularly like Black Sheep.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a chance, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (MP3 Download)
This was recommended by Amazon based on prior purchases, had quick look at other reviews and thought 'why not try it'. I am very glad I did, I have really enjoyed listening to every song on the album, she was described by another reviewer as Amy Winehouse'ish, I would say that isn't spot on but she has a distinctive voice and style that is well worth listening to, especially if you dont just want to hear the mainstream chart medley that seems to be on radio and music tv channels all the time.
All in all worth risking a couple of quid on a download, you should be pleasantly surprised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (MP3 Download)
Bought this album because I like the song 'Black Sheep'. Really glad I got the whole album as I love all of it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›