on 13 November 2013
... a little case to put it in so the ends don't fill with dust. I previously bought a dirt cheap version of this and the very first time I needed to use it, it failed to work. Embarrassing - at a conference! So bit the bullet and paid the (frankly, outrageous) price for the real thing. It works. Nuff said.
on 18 November 2014
Don't mess around with cheap knock-offs or your presentation could die half way through. This worked perfectly (It's Apple, yeah) and no fuss. One tip. Despite what the instructions say, connect the projector cable before you plug it into your Mac (with your presentation loaded), and it takes care of everything automatically (at least it does for me with Powerpoint).
on 5 January 2015
An apple cable does exactly what it says it does, only down side being that there is only a short distance between the thunderbolt and the VGA which means that you have to sit relatively close to any device you are using it with, but that is really the only downside.
on 17 May 2014
Worked very nicely connecting my new iMac Mini to old Samsung VGA monitor.

Obviously I can't say how long it will work well, after only a few days ownership.

Strongly recommended.
on 29 December 2015
Works without a hitch. Pity this type of item doesn't come with a little case to protect it. The cable is very very short and I worry that there is strain on the thunderbolt connection on my Mac, especially when you get the weight of the VGA cable attached. But on saying that, it's an Apple design for an Apple product so they must think it's ok.
on 8 April 2016
Item is juts what it says. Apple certified so is the real deal. I wouldn't waste my money buying other cheaper brands due to the quality not being there . Definitely worth the money. Im using it to dual screen a monitor from my MacBook Pro, the display is great.
on 11 May 2015
Apple Mini DisplayPort VGA Adapter ...
The speed of this VGA cable is incredible. From my mack Mini to my 27" monitor absolutely no lag what so ever and I must admit my computer experience has been taken to a new level wakeup people it is defiantly with trying something better.
on 26 December 2015
I bought a cheapo version for a fraction of the price. It broke after 1 lecture. This one is of infinitely better quality. Stupidly expensive, which is why it doesn't get 5 stars, but I suppose Apple have earned the right to charge exorbitant prices by being the best at everything they do.
on 15 April 2014
An essential bit of kit if you need external monitor. or for presentation works like it says it does -just plug in.
on 2 December 2014
Although it felt good quality, the nuts either side of the VGA were recessed 1 or 2 mm below the surface of the moulding, consequently the screws of the male plug wouldn't reach and so I could not tighten the two together. I tried 3 different leads in total and all were the same. In use, the table that the projector was on got bumped and the image flickered, although this was minor. Sent it back.