Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.22

on 19 July 2013
This was a good choice as a Kindle download. I have bought e-guide books in the past and decided that e-format is nowhere near as handy and practical as a hard copy for such dipping in and out use. This book is short (and cheap!) and gives a simple description of the various ports you are going to be visiting on any Norwegian fjord cruise, and includes some good advice regarding finding local tours that are inevitably better value than those you might book on the cruise ship. It's clear the author has personal experience, and we found it a useful primer to be read as the ship sailed towards the next port on the itinerary
on 9 February 2015
As we are going on a Norwegian Fjords Cruise this summer, I thought I would buy this book. For me, there was a little too much history and I was disappointed to find that it covered only the southern half of the fjords on the Norwegian coast and did not go above Trondheim. As we are travelling up to the North Cape, half of the ports we are calling at are not mentioned. The information on the ports that are mentioned is good. However it would have been good to see a map of the area covered and town plans for those discussed.

A lot of the information about cruising was too general. For example, why do we need to know about packing clothes for the Caribbean or sea states in the Mediterranean if the book is about cruising the Norwegian Fjords?

If you are only visiting the ports identified in the book, this is a good book to buy for the information on those ports but it needs information on the northern ports and general information relevant to Norway rather than world wide.
on 12 June 2013
I don't read much, it fact rarely. But I did find this a useful and easy read.

To me the most important part is the sections on 'ports of call' which has given me ideas about these places and will referred to again when we finally go cruising the Norwegian Fjords
on 27 May 2013
Interesting especially if you visit the fjords mentioned in the ebook. Useful informations on Bergen and Olden. We are going at the end of June and will our Kindle with us. Am sure this little guide will be handy.
on 14 June 2013
We are going on our first cruise to the Fjords and I wanted to know what trips were worth booking or whether to explore on our own. We are not lovers of bus trips so I needed unbiased info on whether we could do our own thing. This e book told us all we needed to know such as where the ship docked and what an independent visitor could do. We shall take the Kindle with us on our trip and refer to it again and again.
on 31 March 2015
I do a lot of research on the Internet but this guide puts all the information in one place as well as some insightful tips that I hadn't come across online.
Provides a broad based guide, covering history, paid trips and what to do if you plan just to stay in the port.
This is just what I was looking for and I can't wait for my cruise in June!

Informative read and a great price!
on 20 January 2014
A well written book from the cruisers point of view. Just enough information without being boring. Will read again just before going on our forthcoming cruise round the Norwegian Fjords. Will also take with me on my Kindle for daily reminders.
on 28 March 2013
It contained more historical background to Norway than I wanted, but the descriptions and scope covered what I wanted.This Kindle book is no substitute for the usual travel book with photographs but reasonable value at the price.
on 25 August 2013
Keeps to the essentials for cruisers. If you want lavish illustrations, this is not for you!!! Useful to keep on your tablet or mobile during the trip. Will be able to evaluate better after our trip!!!!
on 29 March 2013
Good guide with lots of ideas to do whilst we are in Norway. Have gone through the guide and picked out places that tie in with our holiday.