5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious as usual
This is a behind the scenes documentary type programe about the latest tour. I have to admit I hadn't realised this at the time of purchase as if I had I probably wouldn't have bought it. But really glad I did. Very funny and interesting with great clips. Will probably watch it again in the future.
Published 8 months ago by Lianne

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripoff!
Simply a huge ripoff. Thinking like everyone else that this contained his actual stand up gig, sat down to watch. After about 10 minutes, I started to think I'd selected the wrong option from the menu, but no. It continued in much the same vein, showing clips of interviews and TV slots and parts of the gig where Peter was interacting with the crowd as they arrived...
Published 20 months ago by Mark Douglas

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!!, 24 Nov 2012
Shilen (Wolverhampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD] (DVD)
the title says it all, Peter Kay back to his old ways releasing a DVD that contains VERY LITTLE new material, alot of old stuff and some behind the scenes and interviews which as already stated should have been on a bonus disc from last year.

I really used to like Peter Kay but his consistent attempts to rip off the public so that he can line his pockets is now past a joke, I wont be buying anything else to do with Peter Kay ever again!

1.0 out of 5 stars peter kay live back on nights, 3 Feb 2013
Mrs. Ann Heward (huddersfield,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this dvd as a christmas present and what a waste of money,it comprised of loads of clips and interviews of his tour and then we find we have to input a code on a computer to see the actual show what a rip off, i will never buy a peter kay dvd ever again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Biggest Con Out, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD] (DVD)
I love Peter Kaye but this dvd is just one big con. If you look at the title you'd think its another one of his hillerious stand up concerts but I was so dissappointed as theres no concert on it at all its just like a documentry on Peter Kaye complete waste of money. Ours has gone in the bin where it belongs. Shame on you Peter Kaye for fooling the public just to line your pockets!! Its the last dvd of his I'll be buying !!! The trades description would have a field day with it as it says 55mins of stand up,I dont think so !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD saddend me as I bought it for my husband for Christmas. We love Peter Kay but this DVD did not have us laughing at all. It was more like a documentary of him doing stand up shows, really boring. Sorry Peter Kay!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD] (DVD)
Complete waste of money, would not have bought if I had realised that it was a DVD of excerpts, I think it should be more specific in the description. A very clever money spinner

2.0 out of 5 stars Back on Nights, 28 Dec 2012
I have followed Peter Kay since his early days, and have always liked him. I received his latest DVD 'Back on nights'. Having watched it I was very disappointed indeed. There was about 15 minutes in total where he cracked jokes. The rest was not worth watching , it was mainly shots of the audience clowning on, and other scenes that people would not be remotely interested in watching. I would advise people to save their money, do not buy it as it is in my opinion a 'rip off'.
I said after his last DVD that I would not buy any more, but as you can see I did. I will not make the same mistake again. I will be buying no more Peter Kay DVD's

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD] (DVD)
I purchased this DVD for a cosy night in with the fiancée.

We got ourselves ready with some Dinner (Burger, Coleslaw, Mash & sweet potatos) with some Vimto. Put on the DVD ready to erupt in laughter like a Geyser in Yellowstone Nation Park.
How wrong were we to think this was a stand up show??

After checking Amazon reviews after attempting to watch this garbage I am glad to say I'm not the only person in this boat. It wasn't really a stand up show at all, just a mix of clips edited together with snippets of 'Behind The Scenes'.

I wish we could go to Yellowstone Nation Park for our Honeymoon and I'd throw this DVD in a Geyser myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Step away from this Kay!!, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD] (DVD)
I just wish there was an option for 0 stars, as I'd use it. Awful rip off! Re-hashing of old material with a few other interviews. Why is there 30+ minutes of Peter filming the audience??? C'mon!! 5 minutes max as this is a novel idea, but 30 minutes? Very little new material. I used to like Peter but now find his cynical, patronising, bad behaviour both annoying and unfunny. If you like Peter Kay & want to buy a Peter Kay DVD, try Phoenix Nights or Max & Paddy's Road to Nowhere, if you haven't already bought them. These *are* funny with original material, where as this current DVD isn't worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Rip Off., 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD] (DVD)
Peter Kay has done it again. He has ripped off his fans with another DVD that has nothing new in it while maskerading as something different. Its not the first time this has happened. Yes, he can be funny but this type of blatent money grabbing greed has put me off him. Even his DVD he had out last Christmas was something of a rip off with no extras but at least it was new, this is awful.

Put him against other comedians that are out there, particularly Ross Noble who releases a DVD most years which is jam packed with extra stuff covering multiple discs and no repeats of material (save for the odd trailer for other DVDs but that doesn't count).

My advice, don't buy this and if only for the ugly, offensive way that Peter Kay tried to flog this on The One Show, constantly throwing it in front of the camera during other unrelated pieces. A terrible way to carry on. Get your finger out Kay and stop ripping off people!

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete disappointment, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD] (DVD)
The DVD starts with behind the scenes footage and interviews and ten minutes in I'm thinking 'well this is nice but when's the show going to start'. The show never starts, the DVD was simply a documenatary. The thing I am angry about is that the packaging promises 'at least 55 mins new stand up', implying that you will be watching an entire show. My mum paid 14.99 for this for me for xmas and I'm not happy. Don't buy it, it's rubbish.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD]
Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD] by Peter Kay (DVD - 2012)
5.70