on 23 June 2013
The Sony RX100 camera battery can only charged in the camera as no separate charged is supplied. This is an efficient plug in charger that fills the gap. Handy continental plug supplied. As yet I haven't used the car charger. Good price.
on 25 October 2013
Very versatile little piece of kit. Works well, and far better than having to charge the battery in-camera which is what Sony expects you to do, and which of course puts the camera out of action during battery charging. Come on Sony, that's really poor in a very expensive 'pro' compact like the RX100M2.

But Ex-Pro to the rescue! Buy without hesitation at this price.
I like this little charger and as per my title it's cheep and cheerful but does the job perfectly fine.

Firstly the unit comes with three clip on adaptors so not only is I t great in the uk, you can modify it to work abroad which is very handy.

It also comes with a car charger lead which is a bonus if you are out and about etc.

The main charger itself is a universal unit and you are supplied with a clip in insert depending on which battery type you ordered. In my case one for the NPBX1. Again, this I think is a good idea cause you could probably pick up different inserts making it very versatile if your sharing with someone else or change your camera in the future.

My one niggle is the little insert for the NPBX1, it holds the battery fine but it does come in and out very easily. I think I would have preferred a more secure fitting but this hasn't affected charging or anything.

Overall it's a bit plastic fantastic but does the job and is substantially cheaper than the Sony one.
on 12 July 2014
* This Review may be updated upon replacement of the original battery charger

I purchased this charger from Amazon and while confusingly trying to piece it together, noticed that I was missing a very vital part, you see this charger comes in two parts, the base and the charging plate which you attach the battery to, this was not included in the box sent to me, I have no idea why the most vital part of the charger was not included but I've now requested a replacement and I'm hoping I simply got a one-off badly packaged box.

Other than this, the only difference is that it is blue unlike the black charger depicted, which is not a problem.

* Since posting this review, I've since received a replacement, overall it seems to work as it should and charges just as fast as charging in camera, the way the battery fits on the charger doesn't leave a lot of reassurance as there's little in the way of making sure the battery doesn't fall out, although I've not experienced any problems with it so far, overall, a cheap but useful item that I use to charge my second battery.
on 22 February 2014
So far this product has worked well, it charges up the spare batteries (their own brand) without problems. Remember it is a fraction of the price of the branded product but probably made in a similar third party factory as the branded one. So if it lasts two or three years I will be happy. Batteries tend not to last much over two years, any brand, so worth trying to find a well made and reliable generic option that has the same capacity as the OEM, some do not!
on 1 January 2014
Bought this charger to allow me to charge spare batteries for my camera outside of the camera. Very useful with its adapters and in car capabilities. It would have five stars but the initial item delivered was faulty. Ex-Pro were very prompt and professional in their approach to replace it quickly and without fuss. The replacement item has been used regularly and is as reliable as I have come to expect from Ex-Pro products.
Goes together well i.e. can be adapted for at least three different power systems, UK, US and I think Europe, so just about everywhere covered :-) However, I'm not sure that I would use the word 'fast' in connection with the speed of charging! I've had the battery from my Sony RX100M3 charging for over three hours and it's not fully charged yet. As it wasn't starting from a fully discharged position I find this somewhat disappointing.

Overall the parts are made of plastic, seem to be fairly good quality and it does work, just not very quickly.
on 6 August 2014
Adaptable for UK, US, Europe or in-car use,it charges a typical battery in 2/3 hours,and does not become noticeably warm in the process.the contacts are flexible and feel fragile, but have been no problem in practice.Note that the battery may have to be inserted upside down(with the arrow underneath), so that the contacts connect as intended! Otherwise ,an efficient and problem -free product.
on 14 September 2015
It's ok as far as after market/ third party chargers go. It's not the fastest, but I have been told that is better for the batteries anyway. My only gripe is that there is nothing to stop you putting the battery in backwards, even though there are notches in battery to prevent this happening in the camera. So it's easy to plug it in, in a hurry and then come back disappointed an hour or two later, not ideal, but easily avoided!
VINE VOICEon 1 November 2014
Works well, charges my spare RX100MII battery off camera and indeed the battery seems to be just as healthy as a result. The additional plug modules covering different countries and 'in car' are a nice addition.

I knocked off a star as charging is quite slow, probably an hour more than 0%-100% would take in the camera with official Sony charger. The build quality is also flimsy plastic, but at this price point that's kind of a given.

Overall though, the product works as intended as is obviously excellent value for money. I'm carrying in in a rig bag as the default charger to minimise cables. Great wee item and I will likely buy for my other cameras.