5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read
Published 18 months ago by Kath1973

3.0 out of 5 stars My bad
I'd probably only really give it 2 stars, and although I feel for Jess and her brave taking on of the world with her special condition - and I have no intention here of being condescending - I found the reading to be very repetitious and I got bored after a while. However, I commend her on her optimistic outlook on life and her sharing with us. Just wondering if the 5*...
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read, 3 Oct 2012
What an amazing read, bought this for Kindle and started reading it last night, and I couldn't stop it was funny, emotional, thought provoking and fabulously written - Jess Thom who wrote the book is an amazing lady who has found a way of dealing with Tourettes in a positive way - she is a true inspiration and will ensure Tourettes is more understood, my son has tourettes and the difficulties he goes through every day amaze me - I find sufferers of this condition to be amazing talented individuals that have a disability but are not letting it hold them back - Well Done Jess for a fabulous book

My advice for anyone thinking of buying this book is to do so you won't be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Always funny, sometimes sad, never boring!, 4 Oct 2012
In no uncertain terms, you want this book.

Jess has really opened a window on what it is like to live with tourettes. The reality of her condition is laid bare, and is in equal amounts surprising, funny and educational. I couldnt stop reading when it arrived. If you have any questions about tourettes, or been curious to know more, then this book is the perfect place to get started!

5.0 out of 5 stars an amazing read, 9 Oct 2012
I've been following Jess's blog for some time now but the book was a revelation about how in the course of a year Jess came to terms with her condition. She is a remarkable woman who has faced the challenges that life has dealt her in a unique way. She has a wonderful support network with Leftwing Idiot, Fat sister and many others who really love and care for her and many times I was brought to tears while reading the book, not just by the dreadful reactions from the public, but by the kindness of strangers.

If anyone can make a difference to how Tourettes is perceived by the public, it will be the most amazing Jess

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 7 Oct 2012
Mary Duggan (Wakefield, West Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
An honest account of living with Tourette's syndrome that is free of self pity and full of warmth and humour. It's well worth reading for all sorts of reasons, not least increasing awareness of an often misunderstood condition. It also shows the wit and creativity that flow out of Jess's tics - some of them are creasingly funny, some are sharply insightful and some are sheer poetry. Buy one copy for yourself, and one to give as a present!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything You Wanted To Know About Tourettes But Were...., 12 Nov 2012
A. Joachim (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book should really be titled 'Everything you wanted to know about Tourettes but were afraid to ask'. It is a rollercoaster of a read and not for the faint hearted. It had me laughing out loud in parts then feeling quite sad the next. With brutal honesty, Jess gives the reader a graphic insight into what it means to suffer from Tourettes with all its complexities, warts and all. I take my hat off to Jess; she is inspiritional in how she just keeps on going, dealing with all the demands Tourettes places on her, no matter how difficult and frustrating yet still managing to find humour in there somewhere. I learned a lot of new things about the syndrome and in particular how not to treat someone with Tourettes. I feel that this is a very important book educationally and I am very glad that someone decided to write it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changing the world one tic at a time, 26 Oct 2012
Faultless book. One of the most inspirational books I've ever read. Filled with dream-like, almost psychedelic, amblings and utterances. Tinged with sadness and unheard of human effort. It's a battle with knights in shining armour (often in the form of children, friends, family and NHS professionals) and baddies (in the form of people who refuse to accept her condition, people in 'authority'). She is not trodden by it though she does feel its weight sometimes. There are laugh out loud moments and moments when you might just shed a tear, as I did. What a fighter she is and what a truly great project she has started. You might just fall in love with her.

Tourettes Hero, to, Biscuit, infinity and, biscuit, beyond!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read You Do Not Want To End, 24 Oct 2012
I have heard about Jessie on Radio 4, ventured onto her website and have been following her on facebook, so I knew already a fair bit about the wonderful and brave person she appears to be. The book was a real eye opener, not just to her sense of humour and energetic take on life, but also on the darker moments and the amazing strength inside and out she is showing to the world - I had not realised how severely Tourettes Syndrom can effect the daily life and admire Jessie all the more for how she overcomes these daily obstacles. I would highly recommend reading this year in her life and when I finished, I felt almost like losing a friend and ever so slightly jealous of the strong friendships she has in her life. I would certainly buy another book and applaud her on this one - I will not put this on a shelf, this one will be passed on to friends to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't stop thinking about it!, 18 Oct 2012
I loved this book, and really warmed to Jessica throughout, finding myself both laughing out loud and crying with her experiences. It's really inspired me to find out more about Tourettes and to want to help her cause. Well done to her and all those involved for finding such a warm, thoughtful way of raising awareness about this difficult condition. I can't wait to buy more for christmas presents!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 7 Oct 2012
Once I started this book I couldn't put it down. It had me laughing out loud on one page, in tears the next due to the treatment that the general public have towards Tourettes. The book gave a graphic account of living with Tourettes, the highs and lows. I think this young lady is incredibly brave in how she lives her life and I wish her the very best of luck for her future.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant read, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Welcome to Biscuit Land: A year in the life of Touretteshero (Kindle Edition)
Funny, moving and prompted me to think about my own reactions to disabled people. Raised my awareness and understanding of Tourette's.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›