4.0 out of 5 stars Great little gem! Great amazing pictures!, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm X-E1 Digital Camera Body Only - Silver (16MP with APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor) 3.0 Inch LCD (Electronics)
I came to the X-E1 from the world of compact cameras (well, 20 years ago I used old film reflex cameras, but more on that later on), not being a DSLR user. So, neither I would praise the lightness of the system, neither I would complain about the slow focus.

I am very happy with the camera. Is small, convenient to handle, has many advanced (photography oriented) options, and it takes great pictures (really, believe the Hype: I have uploaded photos to the computer and I was surprised on how great the photo looked on screen).

PROs:
- Familiar handling (Aperture & Shutter dial) as classic film cameras
- Small and light (without lenses it is as light as a middle sized compact)
- Impressive WB, Colors and Image Quality directly out of the camera (either JPG or RAW)
- It works really well with old manual lenses (Aperture Priority Mode or Manual Mode with exposure metering)
- Nowadays, the RAW format is well supported by all mayor post-processing software

CONs:
- Viewfinder lags behind with low light
- Histogram works strangely in Manual Mode
- Not really designed for video
- Some features are anoyingly hiden deep in the menu system

Would I return or update it? Not
Am I happy after buying it? Yes
Would I recommend it? If you are into photography and your style of shooting is relaxed, yes

4.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm X-E1 Digital Camera, 11 May 2013
Fujifilm X-E1 Digital Camera: Excellent image quality, premium finish and design, excellent EVF, greatly designed and engineered camera.

Pros: Excellent image quality, superb high ISO noise performance, high resolution EVF, built-in flash, external mic/remote socket, 6fps continuous shooting, full HD movie recording, retro design

Cons: No direct movie record button, limited movie modes

5.0 out of 5 stars Pocket sized stunning quality of build and the images it produces!, 13 Aug. 2014
Nigel (Smethwick, West Mids United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
For me, the most useful digital rangefinder camera Fujifilm has ever marketed, the bells and whistles on the latest model (XE-2) mean nothing to me nor for that matter the aesthetic of its big brother the XPRO 1, but this little gem provides no compromises in the portability and quality of image department. It is ruggedly built like a tank and I really cant see me parting with it until Fujifilm come up with an ultra compelling replacement - currently as of August 2014 these cameras can be bought very cheaply - don't miss out, buy one, you wont be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 28 Feb. 2013
A superb camera both in results and build quality. It has refreshed my photography and made me think about each shot again. I am loving using this camera. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 17 Nov. 2014
S. Clements "SteveC" (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent little compact producing superb images. A perfect complement to my EOS 5D Mark III.