on 7 April 2014
Connected to a 2012 Macbook Pro, working brilliantly - connected screen, gigabit ethernet and various USB devices. Very impressed and pleased.
on 12 April 2014
I use it with a laptop Aspire S7. It allows me to connect the laptop to a larger VGA screen, an external full size keyboard and mouse an external hard drive, an external CD/DVD writer, a printer...
I transformed my laptop in a desktop but still can travel light with only the laptop when ever required.
on 27 April 2014
Bought this to allow my company laptop to interface with my home network, monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. Worked out of the box. No issues. A great way to save having to have a manufacturer specific docking station.
on 10 January 2015
I bought this item a few weeks ago in order to plug in a work laptop for home working after unplugging my personal laptop (different brands of laptop). It also adds more USB ports for printers, hard drives etc.

It worked successfully after two calls to the company's technical support line, as it needed some software to be downloaded from an online website, and I needed to find out which software to uninstall and reinstall. So far it has worked well, except that today the sound connections seems to have stopped working so I will need to make another call to technical support on this.

I would recommend this product, and hope that it continues to work successfully for the next few years.

It does require some software to be installed on the computer, and in the case of a work laptop, this may require assistance from the company's IT Department. In may case, they were happy to assist.
on 29 May 2013
Works very well indeed. Very happy with this high quality product.

Plugged in my monitor, network, USB external drives, mouse, connected via High Speed USB 3.0 to my laptop and away it went. All working on Windows 8, and tried with a Windows 7 setup as well. No problems.

I'd recommend this to anyone needing a laptop dock, and importantly, can also be setup as a dual monitor configuration with your existing digital output.

UPDATE! Just noticed that the description is not correct - THERE IS NO NATIVE HDMI, just DVI though you can connect HDMI with the supplied converter
on 22 December 2014
Fantastic little device. I have an HDMI 24" monitor connected to one output, a DVI 24" monitor connected to the other, and my laptop screen giving me a third - all set up for extended so I can span across all three screens from left to right. I tried to setup the second 24" monitor using the supplied DVI to HDMI converter but it wouldn't work so I used the DVI interface instead. Same quality so not a problem. I am amazed that from one USB3 port I have a 1 Gig network connection, 6 USB ports, two monitor outputs, and a sound input/output. I have even bought a second unit for the office. Works perfectly with Windows 8.1 but you do need to download the latest software from their site.
on 23 November 2013
This works.
Ignore the supplied CD and get the latest software Version 7.4.51587.0 dated 11/10/13 from the Kensington web site.
Everything works fine with Windows 8.1, USB 2, USB 3, Ethernet and video.
The software is here
[...]
under the resources tab.
on 1 September 2013
I bought this product so that I could run two external monitors with my laptop. I am running two 24" monitors at 1080p resolution, with my laptop monitor turned off. What I use the monitors for requires that I can look at multiple windows at the same time and interact with them in real time. There is no video or 3d graphic computing involved. This works reasonably well, but i do experience some lag occasionally which is why I only gave 4 stars. I am using an i7-3610qm. To my understanding this is what determines the performance of the DisyplayLink chip installed in the Kensington USB 3.0 Dual Docking Station. I can't give less than four stars, because frankly I don't know of any better solution than this if you want to use more than one external monitor on a regular laptop. You could try rigging up an external graphics card somehow or look into some competitors like Matrox (competitor to the DisplayLink chip solution that is).
on 10 December 2015
Working for me on a MacBook Air OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) - one external 1920 x 1200 DVI monitor plus the Mac 's own display. I am using the latest drivers (2.5 Beta 3) downloaded from the DisplayLink website. I also run Windows 10 and Parallels, and this works OK too.

The only slight annoyance i have come across is that the FaceTime translucent sidebar flickers (this is only needed to make a call and is hidden during the call). There are a few very minor glitches on the shading of translucent areas of window title bars, but hardly noticeable. iPlayer works windowed or full-screen on the external display, with little obvious frame skipping though doesn't seem quite as smooth as on the native display. Can't run Bioshock even on the native display, when the docking station is connected (says not enough video RAM).
on 1 October 2013
I bought the Kensington sd3500v to use with my Lenovo Yoga Ultrabook, which has an Intel core i7, a couple of USB 3.0 ports, wifi, and Windows 8 but no DVD rom or wired Ethernet.

Problem 1. I tried to copy the files from the DVD onto the hard disk for installation but that didn't seem to do anything. Fall back - I was able to download drivers from the web by following the link from your site to DisplayLink, unzip them and install.

Problem 2 was that the Kensington site sends you to version 7.2 of the drivers with the following result: After installation the drivers updated themselves and the unit twice over wifi. Following that the video drivers worked at least to the point that I could use one extra monitor using the dvi and the PC screen, didnt try hdmi.

At that point neither the Kensington sd3500v Wired Network port nor the sound works. I'd not tested, the usb ports, or a separate keyboard and mouse. Its not a hardware problem with the SD3500v as it all just works when I tested it with a Toshiba i3, Windows 7 laptop.

Solution After much searching and with no help from Kensington support, I discovered that Plugable badge a similar unit and they point you to the Latest drivers. [...]

You need to install at least version DisplayLink_7.4M0 of the drivers from the DisplayLink support pages. If you previously tried to install from the dvd or from elsewhere remove that version first using the control panel / Programs and Features.

I'm writing this review on the Laptop screen with a HD you-tube video playing on the external monitor and speakers plugging into the Kensington unit, the video is being streamed using a wired network and the Cat5 socket on the unit, and there is a mouse and hard disk plugged into the USB sockets on the unit as well.

Note I've still got some work to do: Pokki - which is a Start button app that I use has stopped working and I've not tried this with windows 8.1 so far.