5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use Tiny GPS Trip Recorder
Published 18 months ago by Dave Henniker

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought two but haven't managed to get them work
Published 15 months ago by Milli Heiniemi

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use Tiny GPS Trip Recorder, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: 860E - one of the world's smallest GPS trip recorders with motion detector / 125,000 way points record / A-GPS support / G-mouse / adjustable update rate 1-5Hz (Electronics)
I've got a couple of cameras with GPS but they can't trace a route or interface with Google Earth or Google Maps. Previously, if I wanted to accurately measure or track a walk through the hills, I had to put my Samsung Galaxy tablet in my rucksack. It's quite bulky and heavy so the 860E seemed the ideal alternative. It won't help you navigate or stop you getting lost in the wilderness; that's not its function. It has no screen. It's simplicity itself to use, having only an on-off switch and a USB socket. Four LEDs pulse or change state to indicate what's happening. It took a week to arrive from Germany but as soon as the order was placed I was emailed a link to download updated software. Installation on Windows 7 was straightforward. The desktop software shows a map of the world and when you import the GPS log the map zooms in to show you your track, with options to name it, change its colour or thickness, open the track in Google Earth directly or save a KMZ file that opens Google Earth when double-clicked on. It's best to use the AGPS download option (Assisted GPS) first as this saves time getting a satellite fix. The second time I tried it I had this downloaded and despite being in a city street on an overcast day it started tracking before I'd walked 100 metres. The orange LED remains on until you get a fix then it starts to pulse, along with the red LED which indicates it's tracking. There are numerous options in the desktop software and the relevant data is well presented.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought two but haven't managed to get them work, 8 Dec. 2013
I bought two of these because of the small size and the feeling I got that this must be working well.. I haven't managed to get them connected to either my pc or mac with given instructions and hours of finding help from google. I have used G-paws and it works like clock, also Ventus GPS data logger, and even if there's some struggle it's okay.. now I am just speechless.

If anyone has ideas, please share!