5.0 out of 5 stars Forbidden Forest
Published 14 months ago by kirstykit

2.0 out of 5 stars Cliff hanger Ending Not my Thing
Okay I found this book to be really interesting and engaging, I was glued to the story and the romance building between Syrus and Forrest was really sweet.

HOWEVER I have a bee in my bonnet about authors who do the 'end the book on a cliff hanger so my readers will be forced to buy the next instalment' tactic.

I don't like that type of tactic...
Published 14 months ago by Cell1e

5.0 out of 5 stars Forbidden Forest, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Forbidden Forest (The Legends of Regia Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Im always sceptical when books are free on Amazon. My first thoughts are always its proably not very good. However Im not sure why I chose to give this book a try but I was hooked from the start and ended up not being able to put it down. Im now rushing to buy the sequel at the bargain price of £1.99! If you like Cassandra Clare, Charlaine Harris, twilight and other vampire stuff you should enjoy this, give it a go what have you to loose its free!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars such a surprise!, 7 Jan 2014
another surprise that has been sitting on my kindle for ages!!

Forest, an elf/shifter half breed is the lowest of the low in her home land of Regia. She works on Earth, monitoring the portal between the two worlds. She also works for Fortress.

when she is recalled to Regia by her boss, she is placed in a situation that pushes even her limits! He wants her to escort a vampire, a vampire PRINCE no less, through Wolf Wood.

Syrus just wants to visit the mage who caused all his problems (I'll not say what they are!) and get home again. But something about Forest appeals to him, calls to him, and as their trip progresses, they become closer. til Forest reveals WHY she hates vampires so much.

I enjoyed this book! not everything is laid out in the first few pages, it takes a while for all the nitty gritty bits to come out. there are a whole host of paranormal creatures that feature in this book: wolves, shifters, vampires, elves, orges, mages, Dryads...the lot! The book also does not just concentrate on Forest and Syrus. it lays a lot of background for coming books, and also some of the past as to how and why things are the way they are in Regia.

there is some violence, although not graphic, but no sex. some kissing is all, and I would class this as an older young adult, 15plus.

also, this book does not finish, you will need the others.

the following books have been added to my ever growing wish list :-)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cliff hanger Ending Not my Thing, 16 Sep 2013

I don't like that type of tactic especially in a romance book. I like to get my 'happy ever after' ending even if I know the story is going to continue in the next book. In other types of books, thrillers, adventures maybe I can find it more tolerable. But in any romance genre in which I get so immersed in the world and the invested in the characters, it feels really wrong for the story to end like that.

For that reason I am marking this book down from 4 stars to 2 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Forbidden forest, 6 Jan 2014
This book was more a child's. Book. The ending was unbelievable. I give this book 3stars as a child would probably enjoy it. I would recommend this book for a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab story, 11 Nov 2013
I read a lot of books this book took you in amd kept you intil the very end not only was it free but cant wait to read tue next book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 July 2014
Not many books capture my heart nowadays, as I find they have all been done a thousand times of over. But Tenaya Jayne has bowled me over with Forbidden Forest. I can't wait to jump into the next books. Looking forward to losing myself in The Legends of Regia, I shall abandon all housework and Motherly duties and continue reading :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Jun 2014
10/10 luv the characters great story line can't wait for the next one hope that it's as good as this

5.0 out of 5 stars Forbidden Forest, 7 Jun 2014
This was a really great book and I couldn't put it down and now I can't wait to read all the other ones in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 26 May 2014
Such a great book!
great story line, great characters
I usually don't write review, but this book deserves it!
Personally I hate girls that cry And give in the temptations from her mate very easy! but here Forest she is not only strong as a woman, she rejectts the loved one and shows that she is capably to control her body desires! I just love a strong woman!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 24 May 2014
Jenni (BARNET, Herts, GB) - See all my reviews
Good start for a new series. I got this as a freebie and I really enjoyed this book. I liked both characters. I found both characters strong and complex. The storyline was good and easy to follow but not too simple. Value for money. I look forward to the next part of this series.