5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reading
I'm not a great reader, so this story fitted my needs. There was always something going on which kept you engrossed in the story,there wasn't any lengthy descriptions of situations or people, to pad it out, so that you would then forget the plot, and even at the end the author leaves it with just the possibility of a follow up!!! I hope so.
I enjoyed it because...
Published 19 months ago by alexis

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the worst book I have ever read!
Absolutely pathetic! The author must he a complete simpleton if he thinks this is in anyway realistic!
Take police for idiots and the main character is just ridiculous. Guessed the killer in first couple of pages yet it took until he was caught red handed for anyone in the book to realise!

Never felt need to leave a bad review before but this story is a...
Published 4 months ago by Gillian124

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the worst book I have ever read!, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)

Never felt need to leave a bad review before but this story is a joke! Please don't listen to good reviews like I did, utter pants!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Lynn's thoughts, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)
Good story but some characters do not seem to have any sensitivity at all. The grief suffered by Sarah doesn't cause her any day to day hardships. The grammar is very bad. Found myself waiting for the next "he was sat". Proof readers need lessons in English grammar!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ending, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)
What a Crappy ending what was the verdict, will not be reading this author again , what a let down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull and Predictable, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)
I found this book fairly predictable and full of cliches. Felt as though the author was trying too hard! An easy read that doesn't tax the brain.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rollercoaster, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)
I was very excited before reading this book as I live in Southampton, and was looking forward to the lesbian relationship in the main characters.
I was turned off the book in the first few chapters, as there is an abundance of mistakes that could have been easily edited by a decent editor, and quick clumsy treatment of some sensitive issues in the character back stories.
I had pretty much written it off until the tragedy in the first half of the book, when I realised how invested I'd become in the characters. I was angry and out for justice, which was when I realised I just had to keep reading!
I still had some issues with it (Sarah's grief seemed initially melodramatic rather than heartbreaking, and seemed to become non existent at intervals throughout the book - sometimes I felt that I was grieving her loss more than she was) but the pace quickly picked up and I was soon utterly gripped. If you told me at the beginning that I would read the entire thing in one sitting I wouldn't have believed you!
In conclusion, this book contained an excellent plot and great characters. If I could get my hands on a copy that had been thoroughly looked over by a better editor, I would declare it one of my favourites. Even so, the story affected me so strongly that I have been compelled to write my first ever review - so good work!

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 reasons I hate this..., 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)
I read some of the reviews of this book and decided to give it a go as it sounded interesting. I did read through to the end, but only in slightly horrified fascination, to see how things were tied up. I am giving 6 reasons why I think this book is awful.

#1: PLOT HOLES TO END ALL PLOT HOLES
The enitre premise of this book is based on something that would never, ever happen, therefore from the start for me was so utterly flawed as to be unbelievable: A little girl goes missing after school. The scene is described as the class leaving their classroom after school on their own, waving their teacher goodbye. The are 6 and 7 year old children. The idea that this would happen is preposterous. No school in the UK would let Year 2 children out of the school on their own. Teachers and TAs would accompany the children, make sure they go to known parents/carers and then take any stragglers back to the office to wait, behind locked doors, for their latecoming carers. The idea that a child would be allowed to wander off, out of the school gates, is just rather silly. The other procedurally nonsensical element in this book is the description of the police 'handing it over to the CID' for the weekend and then only putting together a proper team and procedure on the monday, 3 days after the child disappeared. Really? Other elements of police procedure described are laughable too. It seems from this that Swiss police are inept and stupid, the descriptions of their actions are incomprehensible. It's hard to get past such gaping holes - and there are many.

#2: PREJUDICE, SNOBBERY AND IGNORANCE:
The setting of the child's home, a council estate, is described in no less than ignorant and prejudiced terms - obviously through the eyes of the author, thinly veiled as the police's thoughts - too thinly. Has this guy swallowed the Daily Mail for breakfast? He describes how there are so many new cars down the street, 'yet they cannot afford their mortgages', and describes it in such depressing and derogatory terms it is obvious what he thinks to the scrounging lowlife on such estates. He makes other throwaway comments relaying his own ignorance, for example 'my mum was a good mum, despite being a vicar's daughter.' Er ... what? Because of course, vicar's daughters are patently incapable of being good mums. This kind of sentiment peppers the pages of this book.

#3: GRATUITOUS, GRAPHIC SCENES
Some of the descriptions in this book left me colder than cold. I am not sure the place of graphic descriptions of rape of children and women have in such work - I came out feeling slightly soiled, like I'd participated in someone's perverted fantasies. The impact of the book without such description I think would have been better - readers don't need leading through in such detail. <reaches for the brain bleach> There is an extended graphic scene of rape near the end which I feel was completely superflous to the plot - there was no need for more violence at this point, it seemed to me to only be there in order for the author to indulge in some kind of gratuitous fantasy. Even the cover picture seems somehow....off. To be honest, it worried me a little.

#4: WOODEN CHARACTERISATION
The characters were one sided and unbelievable. Some of these characters were in deep grief, yet going about their lives as if nothing had happened. Parental grief was shunted into a couple of paragraphs but did not equate with how the particular characters acted before and after. The main character, Sarah, had lost her partner, soon to be wife, and a pupil in her class in a few days, but her behaviour in no way reflected this - singing round the house etc. Very one sided and strange. Other characters in the story had no life to them - nothing to place them apart from others. The villain was perhaps the only one to be built up in a more creepy and compelling manner - but it was obvious who he was from very early on.

#5: GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION ERRORS
The book is littered with grammatical errors, especially the incorrect use of commas. It doesn't seem that this author knows how to use commas in any way. There are also petty mistakes, like the wrong names being used. It makes for stilted and difficult reading at times.

#6: NO ENDING
And finally....I read to the end, just to see if the villain got his comeuppance, but it ended so abruptly nothing was resolved. So having read through all the gratutitous descriptions I was rewarded with very little. Perhaps the author wanted to leave it to one's imagination, but so much had been lost in the book already, with very little hope on the horizon - a series of horrifying events, that some kind of closure would be A Good Thing.

Would I read this author again? Er....No. <shudders>

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reading, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed it because unlike other mystery suspense books I have tried, it wasn't a complicated story, and certainly kept me wanting to turn to the next page. I have now purchased Remorse another one by Stephen Edger.I can't wait to get started........

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute waste of time!, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)
I cannot believe how any intelligent reader would give this book a good review. It is littered with grammatical errors, constant use of passive verb tenses, boring descriptions and banal characterisation. How on earth this book achieved publication is a total mystery to me. I'm glad it was a free copy as I would have been even more annoyed if I'd actually paid for it. I'm angry because of the time I've wasted in reading it! The descriptions of the character raping his victims is disgusting and a good writer does not need to be so relentlessly graphic. Clearly written by a man who has no sensitivity for (or understanding of) the psychological devastation caused by child sexual abuse and rape! I would rate this book with zero stars but the least I can award is 1 star. Do not waste your time reading this trash!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tosh, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)
Disjointed rubbish lacking any form of research into normal criminal investigative processes. More about authors own sexual fantasy hang ups.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't finish this book it was not very well written .There wad too much detail ,there was description s to everything,from canelloni too every other piece of trivia that had no bearing on the story.

Snatched