5.0 out of 5 stars Modern take on 70's rock?
While perhaps, according to some, not the most technically proficient album ever............I absolutely love it.

Yes I can hear many cliched influences - but what the hell, the wheel has already been invented and everything in music revolves around a limited number of notes so it's inevitable.

Were this vinyl it would be getting seriously close to...
Published 20 months ago by BB

3.0 out of 5 stars BCC Afterglow
Not as good as their first two discs, the Umph is missing. It's still good as a classic rock album, but there is just thit Umph missing. I can;t put my finger on it, good songs, well crafted and played, but..
Published on 11 Dec 2012 by pdw

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern take on 70's rock?, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Afterglow (MP3 Download)

Were this vinyl it would be getting seriously close to wearing through.

Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!!, 11 Feb 2013
Mr. M. Magdalinos (LONDON U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Afterglow (MP3 Download)
Not much to say... Great music from a great band!!! Amazing classic rock music with better production and great performances!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great band, great album, 14 July 2013
Miss K. Harding "30 something geek gamer" (Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Afterglow (MP3 Download)
I love Black Country Communion. I loved their previous two efforts, and I rather like this one too. Glenn Hughes and company work well together yet again.

5.0 out of 5 stars 70's Rock Revisited, 4 Jan 2013
Pholcus (South Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Afterglow (MP3 Download)
I have an ever growing collection of Joe Bonnamassa's albums which is how I found Black Country Communion. Late 70's style rock takes me back to my youth watching live bands and spending hours in record stores looking for new bands to add to my collection of vinyl. I have both of the earlier albums and would say this is the best so far. All the tracks are superb and the CD I bought also included the DVD of the making of Afterglow, very interesting watching how the band bounce ideas off each other to come up with the tracks. If you were in your teens/twenties in the late 70's you'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, 3 Jan 2013
Mr. K. Beadle (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Afterglow (MP3 Download)
I love this album more than I thought I would. I listened to the samples here on Amazon a few months ago and wasn't that eager to buy it.
My son bought it on vinyl this last weekend and played it on an old Pye Blackbox record player...wow I thought, it is a brilliant album!
I simply had to buy the mp3 download album to listen through my DA-E750 Samsung system, the drums are amazing along with great vocals, pounding bass and Joe's amazing guitar chops with some ace keyboards to contribute to the ensemble. A really great 3rd album.
Recommendation from me...buy it and enjoy!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars BCC Afterglow, 11 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Just get better, 29 Nov 2012
S Finnerty "Steve" (Hedge End, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Afterglow (MP3 Download)
Black Country Communion are a British and American collaboration (I hate the title "supergroup") named after the Black Country area of England where Glen Hughes and Jason Bonham come from and consist of Glen Hughes on bass and vocals, Joe Bonamassa on guitar and vocals, Derek Sherinian on keyboards and Jason Bonham on the drums. This is their third studio album and although in the 1970s bluesy rock style this introduces more variation than the previous two albums adding a bit of funk and soul while still retaining the rock vibe. This is my favourite album of the three because of this, from the funky "Big Train" and the harder rocking "Crawl" the album is enjoyable, the music and vocals are tight and infectious with clean production that keeps a bit of edge. Well worth a spin and proof that great music is still being produced today influenced by, but not living in the past. Look out for the special edition CD which includes a making of DVD if you want a 45 minute 'making of' documentary and 4 music video's of 'Afterglow', 'Confessor', 'Midnight Sun' and 'This is your time', I just want the music!

5.0 out of 5 stars Afterglow, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Afterglow (MP3 Download)
What a great third album from BCC, it just keeps getting better and all recorded in six days !!!

A must buy for us rockers !

5.0 out of 5 stars another amazing album by bcc, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Afterglow (MP3 Download)
if you liked bcc and bcc 2 you will love this more classic riffs and amazing solos from joe and drums and bass to match plus a few nice key-bored solos too

5.0 out of 5 stars Downloaded Music, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Afterglow (MP3 Download)
Brilliant stuff, bought as a gift for my husband and he loves it and I'm now converted. Would definitely tell people to buy.

Afterglow