5.0 out of 5 stars Really Pleased with this Keyboard
I bought this after reading reviews and it did seem very cheap for a backlit keyboard. I am a photographer and often work in "low light" when processing so wanted a bit of help seeing the keys in the dark. I also write quite a lot, and therefopre the "action" of the keys was very important to me.

I've now had the product a few weeks and these...
Published 18 months ago by Christopher

3.0 out of 5 stars Sticking keys
Published 7 months ago by Rob Elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Pleased with this Keyboard, 2 Mar 2013
Christopher (Tyn Y Gongle, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard

I've now had the product a few weeks and these are my findings after some actual use...

Firstly the back light...
Lets face it, the reason we all looked at this item is the back light. The blue lights up the keys very nicely and there is no excesive glow or light bleed when using the keyboard, brightness feels just right to me. If you are directly above the keyboard and looking straight down then you will see some light bleed but at a normal working angle the keys are the only thing lit.

The media keys...
There are keys for eMail, Search, bookmarks, and internet home page. As well as play/pause, Vol up, Vol down, and a key to turn on/off the back light.

The keyboard to type on...
The action is actually pretty good on this keyboard and the key spacing is natural. I found it a natural experience to type on and after 30 mins or so my typing had adjusted to the keyboard very well indeed.

Overall I think this is a superb keyboard for anyone who may have a need to work in any kind of low light situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for use with a PC in a dark corner, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard
My wife acquired a new Dell Vostro 270MT and is very pleased with it. But the pale lettering on the otherwise excellent Dell keyboard did not contrast well enough with the black background, making it necessary to turn on a light in late afternoon, which would not otherwise be needed.

Having read all the reviews of this keyboard and been impressed by its low price I thought it worth a try. So far, after a few days use she is not asking to have her other keyboard back, and I also prefer this one when doing things on her machine. I am so impressed by the quality and the low cost that I've ordered another one to use on my desk, so that I don't have to turn on the room light so early when the sun is low. Perhaps with rising costs of electricity it could pay for itself in a few years.

Comment added later (24-03-2013):
The second keyboard arrived promptly and worked like the first one, except that I sometimes found the space bar slightly sticky, which was annoying when typing fast. This happened only when pressed near the centre of the bar, and at certain angles. I could have requested a refund or replacement but instead asked the supplier if it would be OK to try popping up the space bar to see if I could remove whatever was causing the obstruction. They promptly replied recommending that I try that.

I used a small screwdriver and my fingers and managed to lever the space-bar out, watching carefully to see how the bits of metal at each end were slotted under a raised portion of the base so that I could reinsert later. I could not see anything to blow away, and could not work out which bit was catching, so I used a nail-file and gently filed every slightly rough edge I could find, and for good measure also smoothed the other edges that could possibly catch on anything. When I put it back it was much better, but still not perfect, so I took it out again, and repeated the filing process. Now it works perfectly. The first keyboard ordered had no sign of this problem.

No other reviewers have reported this problem so it's possible that the fault was a one-off but I thought I should mention the procedure that worked, in case anyone else has the same fault. I understood that if my repair failed the keyboard would be replaced but the hassle of replacing the keyboard would have been greater than the minor hassle I went through.

I remain amazed that the price is so low, but that could be linked to limitations of quality control. Still worth 4.5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive keyboard, 22 Feb 2013
Mr. Antony S. Bellingham (Wolverhampton, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard
Having looked through all the available backlit keybords available this one appealed to me simply because of its design. The blue LED keys look really good and do aid with typing is not well lit rooms. Personally I like to play games with lights off but that meant not seeing the keyboard very well-this solved the problem. Standard key layout with a few multi-media keys. I've only had it 2 days so it does feel clunky but so do all new keyboards. There is a on/off switch for the LED and for most people the LED won't turn off when you turn off your PC that's because manufacturers of motherboards have made USB ports "Hot" so you can recharge portable devices when PC is not turned on but is plugged in. Its early days yet but for design and looks it's great. Four stars because it hasn't past the longevity test yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sumvision Indigo LED USB Keyboard, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard
Fantastic Big LED Keyboard with big letters and keys, what a bargain this was at only 14.20 with free delivery, it's very good for people with poor vision like me, i can now type in the dark, i strongly recommend this product, best keyboard i ever had, i love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sticking keys, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard
The keyboard would be excellent for the money and the LED keys make a huge difference. The main reason for knocking stars off is that some of the keys stick occasionally, most noticeably the comma key. It doesn't happen all the time, but is annoying when it does. Rather than returning the product, I'm hoping that with more use, the product will 'bed' in and the issue will go away. If it wasn't for that, then this product would be excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and cheap light up keyboard, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard
It even has buttons to turn volume up on your computer and down and leds in the keyboard on and off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sumvision Indigo Keyboard, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard
I have used this keyboard every day since I received it, and find it great to use. The blue illumination I find is great too. I can now type in the dark. There is a key button top right which can turn off the illumination when not required. This is a great product for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for gaming, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard
I had bought this keyboard for playing scary games in the dark because of the fact that it lights up and all the keys are very well lit up . I have had no problems with it so far, good sized keyboard and a nice glossy finish on the bottom. But over all its a good buy and worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars its pretty sweet, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard
This keyboard is perfect. The led lights on the keys light up to the right amount so its not too bright and not to dim. Also if you have large hands and fingers the keys are an enjoyable size. Pretty good for the money yo (y)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard
I bought this keyboard for my husband for a present and he loves it. The blue backlight illuminates the keys brilliantly even with the light off and can be turned off, a thing which you can't even do on some more expensive boards. The keyboard is great to use and is a full standard uk keyboard with all the keys in the correct places. The price was amazing for such a high quality product. I would recommend it to anyone.

Sumvision Indigo LED USB Multimedia Keyboard