on 4 December 2014
The product description for this item is misleading. The description says: "A special coating ensures absolute clarity..." But when I put this on I immediately noticed grainy pixelation of my gorgeous retina display. It's like a throwback to the days of Cathode Ray Tube T.V's and nullifies the main reason I bought a Macbook Pro.

To the left of the black band in the images is the Raw retina view\to the right is the Moshi "ensured clarity" view. Those that say they can't see any graining are either in denial or should visit their local Opticians pronto.

Refund Please.
review image review image
on 2 December 2014
The technology of the film is just amazing. It really is easy and bubble-free. Once I applied it I noticed two bad things: 1) the screen automatically loose a bit of brightness; 2) the white colour is not flat but a bit mixed with other colours (have a look at the picture). You need to look at the display very carefully but ... it's not nice to see especially for Retina users which have a particular interest in image quality.

Overall I would still recommend it since it's the best product of its genre for MacBook Pro Retina but be careful. If you are using your display and most of the time you are displaying white... think about it very carefully.

Tip: you can buy it for cheaper on eBay (I don't know why but on Amazon is very very expensive)
review image
on 1 February 2014
Got this for my Macbook Pro Retina 15.4. It does what it says on the tin, it transforms the horrible reflective thing in a beautiful matte screen that you can use without always seeing yourself in it.
on 16 May 2016
I don't usually write reviews but credit is due where it is due!

I've spent a good deal of time and money trying to install screen protectors on my mac to reduce glare (and hopefully be able to work outside now the weather is getting good), and regardless of how long or carefully I applied the things I'm always left with lots of little bubbles under the film that no amount of careful coaxing with a store card or other hard plastic would shift.

The Moshi was more expensive than the rest but its worth it - it just works - clean the screen, stick it on, no bubbles, no smoothing it out.
Just job done. Some people have said about it distorting the display but I cant see any particular issues.

Wish I bought this in the first place :)
on 18 April 2014
Having purchased a new 15" Macbook Pro with the Retina scree, I was looking for a good product to take the hopeless shine off the mirror screen.

Where I use the laptop at home means the sun and daylight is coming over my shoulders and was turning the screen into a useless shiny surface, and the contrast between the shiny screen areas and those in some shade was awful.

This iVisor does the trick and turns the screen into the much loved matt screen of my original Powerbook that I had had for over 6 years.
The iVisor is quite "stiff" and therefore easy to apply first time, no air bubbles.
Although expensive compared with others, it is a good sturdy product worth the 5 stars. Have been using it for 4 weeks now and very pleased with it.
on 27 September 2015
I am writing this review after more than a year using this screen protector, which i got for my 15" retina, it is a game changer, i would recommend it to anyone who wanted to get rid of the glare ... is gives your screen a unique matt finish, excellent.
on 19 March 2015
Fabulous screen protector. I am delighted with the quality of this and have no issues with the way my retina screen looks with the cover on. I cannot tell that the screen cover is there, and neither could my son when he used my laptop.
The installation of the protector was really easy. The easiest screen protector I have ever fitted. Delighted with my purchase. A Big Thank you. It was worth ever penny.
on 17 April 2013
I did a lot of internet research before purchasing this item. I read some reviews reporting that the quality of the retina display is reduced. The only thing I can tell you is that I am very glad I decided to buy it. The quality of the image is acceptable for me, and the glare has gone away by more than 80%!! Just like using an anti-glare screen. I give 4 stars because it is a little expensive... (For the history, I have not used other anti-glare films like that, so I cannot make any comparison, I am just happy I purchased this one).
on 1 August 2014
I purchased one from Amazon Warehouse for half the normal price. I thought it was worth a go.

The application was easy, and there were definitely no bubbles, so the product immediately gained a couple of stars for that.

After application of the iVisor the screen appeared slightly milky, colours were muted and I had to turn up the brightness to full. It did reduce glare, but at a huge cost in terms of image quality. A real shame as I hoped this would give me a decent matte screen without too much sacrifice.
on 18 January 2015
Using this for last one year. Never seen any screen protection like this. Very easy to apply. If you are keen to protect you really expensive Macbook pro 15 retina than this is the best choice for you. Very happy with my purchase.