5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say? This album is amazing
When I originally got this album I was very worried that I might not like it at all. I had only heard some of SOAD's songs from their first album, which were good and "Chop suey". The problem is it took me a while to get into "Chop suey". At first I didn't know whether to like or dislike it but now I just can't get enough of it.
So, I put the CD...
Published on 24 Oct. 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
A few classics
Published 21 days ago by Alastair Mitchell

‹ Previous | 113 14 1518 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars System of a down um, what more can you say?, 20 Feb. 2002
angharad_tretio@lycos.co.uk (the top of a rugged cliff over looking a stormy sea full of fit mermen and jellyfish) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toxicity (Audio CD)
Please someone pinch me, I think I'm dreaming about this! I'm typing so fast you can barely see my finger because I want to get what I think out into the world so much! If you thought Iowa by Slipknot was good (Or even if you didn't!) you wait until you hear this! Imagine a beautiful song that makes you cry (Arials, sniff!) some songs that make you want to go f**king mental in your bedroom and trash it and mosh all night (Prison Song, Needles, X, Shimmy, Psycho) now picture some weird, mental-prison-type songs (Chop Suey, Bounce). Oh yes bounce, have you ever heard a song about pogo sticks before? I know I haven't or perhaps I've just had a sheltered upbringing! If you like value for money then this is your album, buy 14 songs and get a weird rainforesty instrumental bit free! Cool huh, I think so!

5.0 out of 5 stars Work for the system, 7 Nov. 2001
This review is from: Toxicity (Audio CD)
I first heard SOAD about two tears ago. Their song sugar intrigued me but it wasnit exactly perfect.I was waiting for new stuff from this ludicrously insane four peice and wasn't dissappointed. Toxicity is unf***ing believable. It was the cd of my dreams. It begins with the adrenaline pumpin prison song, needles,deer dance, jet pilot and x. These tracks are pumbled into your head with a force so great, you are left fightin for air.Then comes the masterpeice chop suey.Bounce is next, this track is every moshers dream.The tracks begin to mellow out now with tracks like forest , toxicity and aerials. in short clear your schedule and go down to your nearest music distributor and buy this work of thrash metal genius!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Toxic, 13 Feb. 2015
David A. Nash "Nash aka Taker" (Chesterfield) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Toxicity (MP3 Download)
Their best album ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Iowa, 25 Sept. 2001
D. W. Dawson "Kaseno_Dave" (Blackpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toxicity (Audio CD)
Bloody hell, this is brilliant, System of a down are definatley the most original and fresh band goin at the moment, and this album proves it. Highlights include Needles, Science, Toxicity the title track and the single Chop Suey. Best album of the year by far

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!!!!!!!!!!, 18 Sept. 2001
This review is from: Toxicity (Audio CD)
System of a down really have proved something on this album,every song with as much enthuseasum and brilliance as the last.check out prison song and bounce 2 really amazing songs.WHAT A BRILLIANT ALBUM BUY IT NOW!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Jan. 2015
Perfect and cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST CD IVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!(other than the 1st cd), 21 Feb. 2002
This review is from: Toxicity (Audio CD)
This cd is the best cd Ive heard in my life.They dont overpower the cd with their beleifs but it does still tell some of the more important things to them.SERJ TANKIAN HAS A GREAT VOICE!He can change from slow, calm music to loud, screaming music but no matter what he does it always sounds great.If anyone thinks that System Of A Down deserves anything below 5 stars then they shouldnt be visiting a website about them.What Im trying to say here is that THEY ARE THE BEST BANDS WITH THE BEST CDS EVER AND THEYRE NEVER GONNA STOP!Ü

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Nov. 2014
One of their best

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album of 2001 - (and many other years before), 28 Mar. 2002
This review is from: Toxicity (Audio CD)
So i brought this 6 months ago, loved Chop Suey but was not that impressed with the rest. Then i heard the 1st album, brought that and could not stop listening to it. Then i put on Toxicity again and its still in my player for the last 2 months on repeat 24/7 (with some interuptions for CoF's Midian and the 1st SOAD CD oh and Metallica, so i was exagerating sorry!!). Believe me there is no group so original, and in a world of nu-metal takeover i'm delighted there is at least one good band in the masses of garbage like Papa Roach and Linkin Park giving so called 'alternative music' a bad name. Back to the Cd. The opener is the weakest song on the album, once you get into it, it then seems like a news bulletin interupts when we here facts about the prison system of the USA, unnessarcery. But then we hit needles, a refreshing and decent song with a well timed bridge near the end. The next few tracks are average. But then comes 'Chopsuey!' the best song i have heard in years, id pay the money just for this song alone. There is nothing like Chopsuey ever recorded by anyone in history. It is just Genious, trust me you'll repeat this 50 times before moving on to the rest. 'Father Why have you forsaken me?' the best part of the album no question. I hated 'Bounce' at first, now i find it amusing and can't help but scream POGO POGO POGO POGO, every time i hear it, short but thats good as it would lose its effect after 3 minates or so. 'Forest' is terrific, fast and loud at times, and then the irresistable 'Atwa', this is one of their best with a super chorus and Serj's voice in overdrive towards the end of it where he alternates somehow from bellow to whisper, brilliant. 'SCIENCE' continues the trend and like the other songs before you wonder how a 3 minate track finishes in practically seconds. I love Shimmy's chorus and again like bounce i can't help but laugh at times at the lyrics. 'Toxicity' origional, fresh, 2nd only to CHOPSUEY in terms of quality, it builds up fantastically into the chorus, the music dips from loud to soft, again repeat it 50 times before, 'Pyscho' which has a terrific solo at the end, along with Serj, Daron makes SOAD what they are, an authentic and different but unbelievable group. 'Aerials' is outstanding to finish us off in what was an experience like no other. The album grew on me after hearing their perhaps more accessable debut, but this is clearly miles ahead of that in terms of quality. Every song could be a single, its frighteningly good. They are now esablished as my favourite group of recent years (with Cradle of Filth), and this will surely be a classic album in years to come. Theres a different feel to this CD than any other i have heard. There will never ever ever ever be another group like SOAD, a shining light to all others in the otherwise dull nu-metal world, unpredictable, and unbeatable. Buy this album or face being contantly teased by your metalhead mates because your missing out on the greatest masterpiece of recent years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 April 2015