on 27 March 2013
As the second book in a trilogy, I had preconceived ideas of where the plot would go, but the author dashed those at every turn. Last Boat To Nowhere is full of surprises (there are a couple of shocking, sad ones). Davey (the main character) starts off as a brooding Heathcliff and remains that sort of character for most of the way through the book. But as you go on the journey with him, you really get to understand what makes him, him. When it comes to the ending, you will be delighted - but I can't say any more about it without spoiling the whole reason for reading this book. I'll just tell you this, love conquers all.
on 17 April 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed the second part of this family saga.I found it easy to become involved with the characters looking forward to the next part!
on 28 November 2013
Enjoyed this sequel completely and would recommend it without hesitation to those who have read the first book by the same author
on 4 February 2013
loved the book .the author describes everything beautifully welldone a must read, the second book ive enjoyed by this author
on 11 July 2014
I read Northern Spirit with enjoyment (being a Cumbrian lass) and was looking forward to the sequel. The author is obviously very familiar with the Lake District area and her great love for it shows in her books. However, I never seemed to engage with parts of the plot and the bits that were revealed left me thinking, 'how and when did that happen'? I am still reading this book so hope all will be clear in the end.
on 19 October 2013
I had been looking forward to reading more of the Keldas family saga and this sequel satisfied my curiosity. An excellent read, well steeped in beautiful descriptions of the Lake District scenery again, and with a story line that kept you guessing right up to the end. I look forward to the third book in this series, which I believe takes us back in time.
on 3 February 2014
wow! what a great book, could'nt put it down. the story flowed flawlessly and with superb descriptions of both characters and landscape. I thought I was actually there. Davey, the main character, went from one turmoil to another and the ending was so good. started the third book already, well done Lindsey.
on 5 July 2014
I couldn't wait to get stuck into this the second book in the series and I wasn't disappointed. The writer's strength with plot and characterisation continue to keep you wanting to turn over the pages. I'm looking forward to reading the prequel and digging deeper into the Keldas family history.
on 23 November 2012
I really enjoyed reading the first of the Keldas chronicles (Northern Spirit) and avidly read the next instalment. The author really comes to life describing the wild beauty of the Lake District and captures the serenity that Davey is often longing for in them. I'm eagerly anticipating the third novel which goes back in time. I'm sure it will have just as many twists and turns as her other books. I also love the front covers, really striking design.

Also recommended is: To Paint A White Horse, from the same author, I thought it was excellent.
on 10 November 2012
Loved this story was kept on edge to the end surprised at some of the twists and turns in the story
Loved the descriptions of the lake district. Few grammar mistakes but was not put off. Looking
forward to the third book.