Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 April 2013
An absolutely brilliant CD which I would definitely recommend getting! It has been the only CD I've listened to in the three weeks I've had it and I still love it just as much as the first time I listened to it. Yes, the swearing in 'Treasure' particularly is a little unnecessary, but then there's also the clean CD version so not an issue! It's hard to pick favourite songs but 'Treasure', 'Natalie', 'Money Make Her Smile' and 'Young Girls' have the edge for me! 10/10... Keep the brilliant music coming Bruno! :D
on 6 September 2013
good album, I enjoyed most songs and the language isn't too bad. I bought this for my friend as well as me and she loved it too I wouldn't recommend buying it for any one under the age of 12, oh and there's quit a good range of different song types as well :) so something for every one
on 5 August 2013
Loved every track, Bruno is amazing, very well written and talented, lots of toe tapping songs to see to in the car.
on 22 January 2013
I do love Bruno,so it might be hard to be objective.. but I have been let down by people that I have almost hero-worshipped in the past.. (Paul Simon -Rhythm of the Saints and Capeman anyone?) I thought his first album Doowops and Hooligans was awesome, it didn't leave the cd player in my car for a very long time.. When I first heard this, I stopped and thought.. eh? Then I played it again.. It hasn't stopped being played on my ipod in the car yet (times do indeed move on...)
Favourites are Gorilla (yes, a little naughty but all tongue in cheek and don't half make you tap your foot) Treasure is "funky" but in a good way I think. I love Natalie - i love the sing-a-long rage, When I was your Man isn't far off Grenade et al and Money Make Her Smile just makes me sing out loud.
Moonshine doesn't rock my world but then it isn't as toe tapping as the others I don't think - a bit vague in my opinion. Bruno is a sexy MF so why wouldn't he say it on his album? There is the hell of a lot worse out there! My husband finds Bruno a bit creepy in most ways, but still admits that the man can pen a tune and sing it out :)
on 11 December 2012
I liked Bruno Mars' music from a distance for a while, but was really taken by his recent release 'locked out of heaven' (perhaps because, in my opinion, the bass line and guitar sounds lot like The Police from the early 80's)

Anyway, I downloaded the album and I have to say I am impressed with the quality and overall production of the album

Sadly, I can only give the album (which was an easy 5Star album) 4Stars as I find swearing on albums like this unnecessary, and dropping the MF bomb into songs like these is a total no-no in my view and does not 'add' anything to the overall enjoyment (imo, only hardcore artists like Eminem and Dr Dre etc... can use MF and get away with it)

The swearing detracts from an otherwise great album
66 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 September 2013
Bruno has done it again with another fantastic album - hooked!! Can't stop listening to it.. His latest singles are on and Locked out of Heaven and his 80s style track Treasure are great!!
Good service on delivery :-)
on 22 February 2015
Bruno Mars, how I hate you. This is the man who, thanks to an incredible proposal, which can be seen on You Tube, based around his song "Marry You" from his 2010 debut album "Doo-Wops & Hooligans", has ensured that a guy like me, in a long-term relationship and contemplating a proposal, has a lot of work to do to make it acceptable. What's also really annoying is that he's rather good at what he does.

This is an album that starts with a completely up to date sound and ends in the 1950s, with stops in most decades in between. In the hands of any other artist, such a variety of influences and sounds could have gone badly wrong, but Bruno Mars somehow manages to pull it off. Admittedly, he's not the best lyricist I've ever come across, descending into triteness on more than one occasion, but he has a wonderfully soulful vocal that seems to hold even such varying musical style together very well. This is an album that you can either play straight through or put on shuffle and you wouldn't hear two songs that sound the same either way.

On this album, every track sounds like it could have been someone else. That is perhaps the great success here – whilst Bruno Mars may sound like everyone else at points, he nearly always sounds like the very best of everyone else. Listening to the album too closely may take the edge off it, but if you have this album on whilst you're doing other things, or whilst driving, and don't concentrate too hard on the lyrical content, it's liable to be a delight. It's a pity that, with only 10 tracks and a 35 minute running time, it's a rather short album, but it's still pretty good value for money.

As good as the album is, I'm not sure this will become an instant favourite of mine and, despite the variations in sound, I can see my enjoyment of it becoming dulled quite quickly with repeated plays, barring a few tracks. But I can also see this being an album that I will come across in my collection a few years from now, having not played it for a while, and discovering that it is still a delight. This is an album that may not be an instant classic, but may prove to have some staying power somewhere down the line.

This review may also appear, in whole or in part, under my name at any or all of www.ciao.co.uk, www.thebookbag.co.uk, www.goodreads.com, www.amazon.co.uk and www.dooyoo.co.uk
on 3 August 2013
Got this album because I have liked his recent singles and glad I did. All the songs are great, particularly Moonshine and Natalie but they are all very catchy and enjoyable. Brilliant CD to have in the car.
on 10 December 2012
Nothing to dislike here (apart from the swearing which is all a bit unnecessary) not sure why he felt the need to drop the odd F word in? Catchy songs, especially like Moonshine. Last album was brilliant this is just as good - well Done !
on 13 January 2013
I don't have a specific genre of music which I prefer listening to so I think if you're the same then you should give this album a go! Bruno Mars has an amazing voice and there are a variety of different songs, ranging from slow love songs to upbeat tracks like locked in heaven or gorilla. If you like true talent then you gotta give this album a try!