5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving, 8 April 2013
Elizabeth Shuff (London UK) - See all my reviews
I couldn't put this book down and read it in one sitting. Completely unforgetable. I couldn't stop cuddling my children after reading this harrowing account of a little girl, no older than my own daughter, trying to survive and understand the horror of war.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all generations, 26 July 2013
This war-torn little girl is my Mother and I have never been prouder of her courage than in telling this story.
As Children, we knew the stories and we saw the heart break but it was not until reading this book for the first time that it had the most powerful impact.
As a mother of two daughters of my own, it is nothing but inconceivable to imagine what she and her Mother went through. She is a survivor of the most monstrous
childhood which given all that she has achieved since, is an enormous accolade to her. Educational, horrifying and beautifully written - this is a must read for all.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 28 April 2013
A poignant and vivid account of the holocaust. Told through the eyes of a child, from a perspective I'd never considered or known about. I feel re-educated. Once I started I simply had to finish it. I felt transported into another world, to the point that I'd love to read a sequel to find out what happened next to so many people whose lives were touched upon. It can be nothing short of miraculous that little Renata survived...everything! What a blessing to future generations that she did.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nightmare childhood, 1 Jun. 2013
It is well written, and from the point of view of a young child engulfed by the horrors of the last war and the Nazi regime.
I am in a position to know that it is,alas, all only too true, as I have known Renata and her family -as it reformed after they managed to get to the UK - for nearly 60 years!
I feel that the book could be used to tell todays young people what really happened on the continent during that period; that it is fact, and not fiction!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Let Me Tell You a Story: A Memoir of a Wartime Childhood (Kindle Edition)
Wish there could be another one of her memories when she is older. The ending just seemed so final. Hope there is more.

5.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking, 11 July 2013
i was born in the same year as the author and the contrast in our childhoods was so poignant to me it added another dimension to the story.this book will have an added resonance to our generation.
today's younger generation would also enjoy this and realise how lucky they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let Me Tell You a Story, 13 Nov. 2013
Amazing book.
Truly unbelievable.
I couldn't put it down.
What an extraordinary life for a very young child to have lived through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent I knew the people in the story., 25 Oct. 2013
we shoukd never forget what happened to these people during world war two and we should never let it happen again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very moving account, 26 Mar. 2015
This book is written from a different perspective to other books that I have read on the holocaust but I find the story equally as moving. A child's view of the war and although not filled with the horrors of some survivors of this atrocity it still tells a remarkable tale. Thank you for your story

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Tale, 8 Jan. 2014
This is a harrowing story of life for a jewish child in war torn Poland. Very well written from a childs point of view. I cannot believe how this horrifying early life did not affect people in later life. This is the story of the mother of someone I know and she is a lovely person which is a tribute to her Mum who went through all this horror at the tender age of 5 or 6.