5.0 out of 5 stars Great once set up
Arrived right on time with an ordered pair of bluetooth headphones (Philips SHB9100/00 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black/White) which works great with it.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and once the driver disc was inserted it installed no problem.

Published 14 months ago by Sumizone

1.0 out of 5 stars Important: Doesn't Work with Vista
The Belkin Bluetooth v4.0 adapter doesn't work with Vista. Even after downloading the Vista drivers from belkin.com/us it doesn't work. Even after re-installing, it doesn't work. Even after re-booting the pc and unistalling and re-installing, having a cup of tea and then trying again with anti-virus disabled, it doesn't work.

And as for the manual which it...
Published 13 months ago by Shimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great once set up, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter (Accessory)

There is a slight issue with Windows 7 Bluetooth drivers however. You may, as i needed to, perform the following steps in order to 'Add a Device' via bluetooth (otherwise no bluetooth devices can be found).

1: Click start and type "services.msc" in the search box
2: Run 'services.msc'
3: Scroll down the 'Names' until you find 'Bluetooth Support Service', right click this service and select 'Properties'
4: Set 'Startup type' to 'Automatic'
5: Click 'Ok'

This should let you add devices over bluetooth. Hope it saved you some time googling all the help sites.

Alex

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Mar 2013
Ablufia (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter (Accessory)
The laptop I have is running Windows 7 Home, but has no bluetooth on-board so I bought a cheap 2 dongle from eBay - but that was fraught with danger - not supplied with drivers, and Windows automatic installation couldn't find any for it, either.

When I finally got drivers, and the thing working, the connections were all over the place - dropping out for no reason whatsoever.

This Belkin adapter answered those problems - not a single drop-out since installation - and installation is a doddle with the enclosed CD of software and drivers.

I am using this to connect to Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices and also Philips SHB9100/00 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black/White - both work fine, no issues at all !

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with linux, 15 Dec 2013
ChrisW (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter (Accessory)
Works very well with linux (debian wheezy) but I needed to manually create a udev rule that will run two commands when the adapter is inserted/detected:

As root:
1) Create the file:
/etc/udev/rules.d/99-local-bluetooth.rules

2) Add the following line to the file:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="050d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="065a", RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'modprobe btusb; echo 050d 065a > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/btusb/new_id'"

3) To pick up the change
either
Restart the udev service:
/etc/init.d/udev restart
or
reboot

1.0 out of 5 stars Important: Doesn't Work with Vista, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter (Accessory)

And as for the manual which it says is included on the CD-Rom which it comes with, what manual? Nothing there. Not for Vista, not for XP, not for any OS. And to save you the trouble, there's no documentation to download from their website either.

To top it all the Belkin helpline is appalling. The guy was dozy and was obviously stringing out the conversation for every second he could (are these guys paid by the minute?). His non-English accent made things even more difficult.

Wish I could have given it a zero-star rating, or even minus. It has delivered nothing and wasted my time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on Mac OS X !, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter (Accessory)
Click on Finder. Then on the menu bar go to Go —> Go to Folder…
Locate a file named: IOBluetoothFamily.kext
Copy this file to another location, like the Desktop.
Ctrl+click on IOBluetoothFamily.kext and click on Show Package Contents image
Navigate to Contents —> PlugIns
You will find another .kext file named: BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport.kext
Again Ctrl+click and click on Show Package Contents
Navigate to the Contents folder and you will see a file named Info.plist
Open the Info.plist file with your favourite text editor like Text Edit or Sublime Text
Scroll down the content of the file until you see: <key>Microsoft Bluetooth 2.0 USB Dongle</key>
Add a new entry by copying and pasting the text starting in line 14 up to the end, just after the Microsoft Bluetooth 2.0 USB Dongle entry.
<key>Microsoft Bluetooth 2.0 USB Dongle</key>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>1293</integer>
</dict>
view rawgistfile1.txt hosted with ❤ by GitHub
Save the file and download an application called Kext Utility. You can download it here.
Once downloaded, start Kext Utility and wait until it complete all the operations it does when it starts. Then drag the edited IOBluetoothFamily.kext to Kext Utility.
Once it’s done with the installation, just restart the computer and next time MAC OS X boots it should recognise the Belkin Bluetooth 4.0 dongle.
I hope these indications are helpful. You can now enjoy the benefits of Bluetooth Low Energy on your MAC :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Belkin, what's going on?, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter (Accessory)
Wow, what a palaver to get this baby working! My sincere thanks to the previous reviewer, Sumizone, for instructions as to how to get the adapter to look for new devices. Without it, the device would either be in the post back, or severely misshapen after meeting a hammer! But all is now sweetness and life, it's working fine, and my male pride and professional integrity is intact!

If only the instructions had been better I'd happily give this 5-stars. As it is, given that I have some competence with IT and almost gave up in extreme frustration, I can only weep for others and give it a 4. Belkin, what on earth is going on? Your products are normally so good. It's a shame, really, as the adapter is compact, and great value for money; it's just that 'but' again.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work Reliably, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter (Accessory)
Worked fine and connected the first day. Will not detect any devices at all after that.

Belkin states that it should be plug and play (no additional drivers) for Windows 7 but this is not the case.

It wouldn't recognize it at all until I installed drivers from the site.

2.0 out of 5 stars Software Lets it Down, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter (Accessory)
This product is nice and small, but the lack of drivers and support really lets this unit down.

The adapter is nice and small and sits nicely in the back of the laptop without sticking out too much, but when it comes to using it , the software support seems to be not there.

I have installed drivers recommended and ones from the belkin website, but after a reboot it always seems to forget the settings and I have to uninstall and try again. I don't have this issue with other usb devices and drivers so I can only assume it this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit Dissapointing, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter (Accessory)
Got this adaptor to replace my USB 2.0. Got working no problem using the disc provided.

The 3* rating is that after a week it now disconcerts quite frequently,so I have to disconnect the adaptor to reboot.

The devices I am using are Medion Bluetooth mouse, Jabra BT7020 ear piece and Samsung Galaxy ace 2.

I am using windows 7 home premium on Toshiba 64 bit op syst.

Other reviewers don't seem to have this problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great adapter, not so good software CD, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter (Accessory)
I bought a Bluetooth speaker and wanted to use it with both my iPad mini and my laptop. Since my laptop didn’t have Bluetooth this little adapter seemed very handy. My laptop is running Windows 7 with all necessary updates. The CD that came with the adapter auto started when I put it in, but the button that said ‘Install’ did nothing, neither did the cancel button! The attached instructions says the following:

1. Insert CD into drive on computer.
2. Select Windows WP, Windows 7, or Windows 8 operating system.
3. Plug Bluetooth adapter into a USB port on your computer.
4. Agree to terms of license and click ‘install’.
5. When installation is complete, pair up to 7 devices with your computer.

From this instruction I can’t understand why I would get a screen up saying ‘install’ – a screen even with buttons that doesn’t work. I had to use Windows Explorer and find my CD/DVD drive, locate the folder called WIN7 and open ‘setup.exe. Not a problem for me, but many less computer literate would perhaps not know how to locate files like this. On the CD there is a folder with an exe file for each operating system, but on the CD it says ‘Software, driver and manual. I can’t see I have any manual installed, in fact, I can’t find anything from Belkin on my start menu or in Programs and Features. Looking closely on the CD there isn’t any manual there either. The quick installation guide enclosed was not very helpful in regards to troubleshooting as the rest after point 5 was about possible interference from the Bluetooth adapter and that was it.

Anyway, I managed to find the speakers and it works fine, but it was a bit frustrating process and I had to go online to find some help in order to get it working. My speakers appear in ‘Devices and Printers’ and Windows thinks it has found a set wireless headphones, not speakers – perhaps that doesn’t matter at all, it works.

Much more frustrating is it that I thought both my laptop and my iPad mini could be connected to the speakers and that whatever device that was playing would make the sound. Not so. Even though my speakers apparently can remember both devices, I have to disconnect one for the other to work. So if my iPad is on stand-by, my laptop will say it cannot connect. If I power off my iPad, my laptop is happy to connect to the speakers and I have to actually power-off my iPad as having it on stand-by is not enough. Vice versa, if I want to use the iPad with the speakers I have to go into ‘Devices and Printers’ and disconnect the laptop from the speakers FIRST, close the lid to make the laptop go on standby – why I have no idea, but disconnecting the Bluetooth device is not enough, then power up my iPad, go into settings and click to connect to the speakers. Then I can lift the lid on my laptop again and continue working on it, with my iPad playing music for me through my speakers. Frustrating.

I think my Bluetooth device won’t be much used, too much faffing about at least for the devices I intended using it for. Perhaps if am going to watch a film on my laptop I might disconnect my iPad and let the laptop take over, but for daily use it is too much trouble. I have been in touch with the manufacturer of my new speakers and according to them my trouble is due to Microsoft not following Bluetooth guidelines when they produced Window7/8, apparently these issues have been resolved with Windows 8.1 but I am not upgrading to Win 8 in order to get my Bluetooth devices working. I'd rather wait until Microsoft comes up with something better than Windows 8, surely they must soon?

To sum it up, this Bluetooth adapter works great but the CD is rather frustrating therefore only 4 stars. If you want to use the adapter with more than one device be prepared for a possible conflict situation depending on what type of devices you want to use.

Belkin USB 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter