on 4 December 2014
My wife is such a dear, sweet trusting little love. She has faith in people, faith in descriptions posted by retailers, faith in humanity. She used to have faith in Amazon, but not any more. She was duped into buying this abysmal tripe by an Amazon trick - "make it sound like you're getting X when actually you get Y", similar to the genuine leather Kindle cases you can buy here that are actually er, PVC. Genuine leatherette peut-etre?! Anyway, this is the "genuine leatherette" Christmas Album. It looks like the real thing. It costs the same as the real thing. Hmm, so far so good, let's play some songs. Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea, that's a nice mellow song.....but wait...!!!

HOLY COW, IS THAT BEING SUNG BY HOMER SIMPSON AFTER 20 PINTS OF DUFF??

You get the picture. Unless you wish to have a good laugh at the total waste of 6 "genuine" English pounds, do yourself a favour and do what my darling lady didn't do - read the reviews, believe the reviews. Then this will be without doubt the biggest load of rubbish you saved yourself from buying.

EDIT - if you do ignore reviews/common sense and find yourself irresistibly drawn to the buy button...then never despair, there are a couple of tracks that are quite quaint. They use a Michael Buble type crooner for these and TBH, the renditions are quite - well, listenable at least! I would have bumped the score up accordingly, but it's got to stay at 1 star for a) the deception and b) Homer Simpson destroying Chris Rea's classic.
on 9 December 2013
Silly me for not reading the reviews before purchasing it. Like all the other people i stupidly thought this was a collective christmas cd like most of the others, for a pound or two less i went for this. HOW WRONG WAS I FOR DOING THAT. I wish i could have my money back because as far as im concerned this is all going in the trash can on my laptop. What a load of tosh. I hate it and i am so so so disappointed in myself for buying this! Don't buy it. Please don't buy it!
on 11 December 2012
Yes, I feel like a total idiot for buying this .. essentially fooled by the album cover which makes it look like numerous other "proper" hits collections ... because this is NOT the original artists and is a load of cover versions.
If I could give this zero stars I would.
Fine if you like cover versions ... a total load of rubbish if you don't.
on 13 December 2013
Please can I have my money back. There is nothing to suggest it is a covers album unless you've read the reviews. I bought it in good faith and want a full refund. I will happily delete it from all files. It is awful
on 13 December 2012
Other title considerations for this album could be... 'Worlds Crappest Xmas Hits 2012 - The Christmas Hits Album you'll never need' or 'Worlds greatest xmas hits - Being butchered by randoms who can't sing 2012'
Which would be a lot better than practically false advertising. As the other reviews say, this album doesn't contain the original artists singing and I would strongly recommend not spending any money on this. In fact i'd be looking for compensation for being forced to listen to it.

Just to add, didn't actually buy this but listened to the previews of the songs...
on 16 December 2013
Bought this through Amazon's cloud player. Haven't even finished downloading it and probably never will. It doesn't say anywhere on the listing that these are not the original songs. I think Amazon needs to pull its socks up and make it clear on the item. Guess I should have read the reviews prior to purchase. Not impressed at all!
on 12 December 2013
I searched for Xmas songs on the MP3 Amazon site and came across this album with all my favourite songs. After buying and downloading it, I listen to the songs and they are cheap covers! Nowhere did it say that this was a covers album. Very disappointed!
on 12 December 2012
Absolute waste of money the songs are not sung by the oroginal artist complete let down! I feel conned by the green sticker saying 2012 edition! I will never listen to it and have had to purchase a complete new one with all the christmas songs on that we all know and love!
on 16 December 2012
I hurriedly downloaded some christmas music the family could listen to whilst decorating the christmas tree without looking closely at what I was buying. I didn't realise it was all cover versions by some club singer types. Started listening and it and quickly became apparrent. DO NOT BUY THIS ALBUM!!!!!!
on 8 December 2013
This CD is not by the original artists and is not fit for purpose. Amazon also indicated this item was free. Imagine my surprised to be billed for this rubbish. Shame on you Amazon please do not buy this item,beware.Have read similar dissatisfied reviews and Amazon should be refunding all those customers who have been deliberately mislead like myself and many other loyal customers!