5.0 out of 5 stars The must read of the NJO!!
I thought Star by Star was the best novel in this series, but I was proved wrong when I read this book. Star by Star was the first book I bought in this series, but I wish I had started from the begginging. This book cast a shadow over Vector Prime and out classed Star by Star.
It leads on from Vector Prime perfectly and althought the pace isn't so quick it still...
Published on 17 April 2005 by Richard Sutherland

3.0 out of 5 stars Stackpole is back; meaning more comic-book posturing
I liked Vector Prime; the Vong had promise, and I think killing off a big character like Chewie took guts (but name me one important thing he ever did, on the scale of the other characters). However, to follow it up with one of the more comic-book style Star Wars authors was not the best decision.
To be fair, the book lacks the same volume of...
Published on 9 Jun 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Star wars books are far from dead, 3 Jun 2000
By A Customer
I hadn't read VecPrime when I bought this, and I thought thte SW books were going down the drain , but Stackpole shows us all how it should be done, as he has done with all his SW books. THe characters are all just right and the Vong really do make your hair stand on end. Good choice in leaving out the Boring Han character as he adds nothing my opinion. A must read for all fans! 1

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last !, 13 Feb 2000
By A Customer
This book is one of the best yet. I just want to know in which book did they get married in so i can read it.I am pleased that the kids take a big role in this as it would have been a sham for them not to be in it.As for jania i am pleased she got in to Rouge squadren as Luke started out there and look where he is now. This is a great book and i hope he writes more.

5.0 out of 5 stars another great read!, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Star Wars: Dark Tide Onslaught (Kindle Edition)
much better than the first part of this series?! Im starting the next now. This great for anyone wanting more after ROTJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Stackpole delivers on the continuing NJO series, 19 Aug 2010
After the turmoil felt by the climax of Vector Prime it was hard to imagine what horrors await the New Republic.

That however was only the beginning, Stackpole continues with this amazing series and gives us an in depth view of another caste of YV's.

This story helps you to understand the enemy, from a certain point of view.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 28 Jun 2009
A nice continuation of the Yuuzhang Vong war against the jedi, explaining the trials and tribulations that force Jedi Jacen Solo into his Dark future.

A must for any Star Wars fan, although as always when starting a series like this, I would recommend reading from the 1st book (Vector Prime)

5.0 out of 5 stars THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE, 16 May 2000
By A Customer
Stackpole brings something to the Star Wars novels that no other can. A story filled with fine technical detail but also emotion, tension and action. Stackpole portrays the alien Yuuzahn Vong as the Borg to Star Trek's Federation. Worth a look just for the lightsabre toting Jedi...

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait. Stackpole rocks! Can't wait for Dark tide 2, 22 May 2000
By A Customer
The introduction of a foe that can defeat jedi with no special powers is amazing. However,the book ends too soon, and leaves you with the feeling of eager anticipation for the next one. I smell unrest in the jedi ranks, maybe in the future the SITH can be reborn.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Star Wars book!, 23 Feb 2000
By A Customer
This is the best Star Wars ever! I was beginning to get bored with the previous novels as they had a lot of the same content, but this book breathes new life into the area. A must buy for any Star Wars fan! Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Story!, 4 Feb 2000
Ms. N. C. Thompson "Nikkii" (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this novel more than I did the previous one and would recommend this book to anyone.
The characters acted as you would expect them to act (especiall Fey'lya!).

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 14 May 2000
By A Customer
This is my all time favourite Star Wars book. Stackpole did a wonderful job with all of the characters, especially showing just why Luke is a Jedi Master. A wonderful story.

Star Wars: Dark Tide Onslaught