on 23 April 2012
This is the fourth novel in the Cheasapeake Shores series (The Inn at Eagle Point, Flowers on Main, Harbor Lights). The previous book is not available on Amazon UK at the moment but was enjoyable and started to weave the story of Megan and Mick which is the focus of this book. Unfortunately, maybe because we have already seen so much of Mick and Megan's relationship in the previous books I felt that this story was incredibly repetetive. Megan thinks up endless excuses not to marry Mick, Mick keeps jumping through hoops... it just goes no where in between the first and last pages. In fact I worry the same will happen in the next book. To detract from the fact next to nothing is happening, the rather crazy story of Connor youngest but one of Mick and Megan's children explodes onto the scene. There is nothing subtle about the inclusion of Connor's story in this book and it seems that rather than hinting at the next story, Sherryl Woods is now finding that she has to split each story between two books to keep the reader interested - that will be a pity as I've enjoyed them to this point.
At last .... Megan and Mick have reconciled and plan to marry over the holiday season .... but it is not that easy. Meanwhile, Connor has a secret which bursts into the family celebrations ...

There is not as much plot in this book as in some of the others in this series and it is very sentimental (because of the time of year). I found it all a bit insubstantial although the conclusion is satisfying and the plot thread around Connor is intriguing.
on 29 April 2013
book 4 in the series, and I am getting more and more interested in the family and all their doings. These are good stories, and even more so because I know there are a lot more books yet to read.
on 8 November 2013
the continuing saga of the O'Brian's not quiet finished reading it yet, but am really enjoying the story, I stumbled upon Sherryl Woods only recently & I'm enjoying what I've read so far
on 26 October 2013
I really enjoyed it love the whole Chesapeake series so far the story is unfolding and I can't wait to read the next book
on 12 August 2013
I am getting to be a Sherryl Woods fan. Reading all I can find by this lady and none have disappointed.
Looking forward to her next series. As I am not a patient reader I love finding complete series so this was a treat for me.
A little predictable but that is being very picky. I will however be looking out for any new releases. So that really negates my last comment!!!
on 11 August 2013
I absolutely love this series of stories:) downloaded some for holidays, and I must admit I wasn't disappointed the characters are amazing just wish Iived there too!! You can really imagine your part of the story:)
Well done:) x
on 19 September 2013
My sister is 85 and loves reading, being a pensioner she can not afford to pay out a lot for books.These books are priced right and as previously owned are in excellent condition.Would recommend.
on 9 November 2013
As usual Ms Woods has written a book which is very hard to put down. I always look forward to the follow up books. She really understands the interaction between couples and families.
on 26 November 2013
Very good story good author had me living in Chesapeake shores with all the family will have to read more in series and get to know what happens to everyone