on 27 July 2013
I have used the full size version of Lonely Planet books and think they are marvellous, especially for cheap accommodation. As I am only in New York for 4 days I only wanted the pocket version. There is no accommodation listed and although the book gives a website this is not very informative. The guide is OK but, for example, it does not tell me how to transfer between JFK and Newark or La Gardia airports, which I would have thought quite important for a lot of travellers. It does give suggested tours, but the one place I am eager to see again, which is the UN building, is hardly mentioned. I suppose that I should have bought the larger size, but am going on to a wedding and do not want to take up my small luggage space with big books.
on 5 January 2014
Lonely planet pocket travel guides are the best and this one is no exception! Really helpfull and accurate information... Love the advices for best places to eat - you can't go wrong with that
on 10 January 2014
Perfect size and perfect tips. Colour photos to make you want to go to places. Handy spot for notes at the back. Great pull out map too - used every day when I was there!
on 23 August 2013
Good little book for a few days away. Good size to fit in your bag without being weighed down. Provides details on key sights to see on Manhattan and gives map references on their location. Found some lovely places to eat that we wouldn't have found otherwise. Contains useful pull out map, as well as enlarged maps of each area on Manhattan. Perfect for what we wanted. If you want more background on the history or more detailed information, you may be better off with the full lonely planet guide, but this was great for a short trip.
on 6 April 2013
Purchased this to use on my recent honeymoon to help my make the best of our 3 days in New York. We used it to plan exactly what we wanted to do and when and found it very helpful. Its a great size for fitting in your bag as well.
on 5 June 2014
Really good guide. I particularly liked the way it broke it down by area with local highlights. I found it very easy to read and follow. Map was invaluable.

Would have been better if it highlighted that you don't have to pay full price in most NY museums and that it's a suggested fee.

Some info slightly outdated as I went Spring 2014 and this is a 2012 edition. Didn't realise it was so old when I bought it. Still a great read and I do recommend it.
on 22 February 2014
Good book with tips and best places to visit. It also has maps which is really useful. Met my expectations.
on 30 March 2014
This little pocket guide was amazing. Fits in your pocket and is light. There's also a useful little map. However, I reckon it will probably last one more visit, it already has tears down the creases. If they could laminate or use an alternative material for the map. This pocket guide would last forever. Once you've been to NYC you know you will be returning again and again. It is such a fabulous city!
on 11 June 2013
...if you're going to New York that is, not so helpful if you're going to Vegas! This book has helped us make the most of our time, in the few very short days we'll be in New York, including suggested days trips to get all the sights and enough information to be able to skip the things that will keep us from seeing other things. If you're going to New York, get this guide.
on 2 June 2014
Really useful information, the pull out map was invaluable. A lot of the food places were out of date already, but I think that's probably common for a large city guide. The highlights section and suggested walks were really useful as I had limited time and wanted to see as much as possible. Would definitely recommend.