5.0 out of 5 stars Barbra releases it all
Just when you thought you had heard all you could hear from our beloved Babs... here comes this lovely collection of some of her hidden gems which for a reason or another couldn't be released at the time she recorded them. My favourite track is the Randy Neuman penned "I Think It's Going To Rain Today" but all the songs are worth more than a listening and an appreciation...
Published on 17 Nov 2012 by arcid63

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice album
Some old songs and some I hadn't heard before, however i didn't feel it was that good,and I must admit i was a little disappointed. It didn't do it for me.
Published on 21 Nov 2012 by dollydip

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice album, 21 Nov 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars release me, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
I have always thought that there is a good reason why some tracks do not make it on to an album
this album proves that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Release Me (MP3 Download)
Self indulgent,. Considering the great things Babs has produced, this is poor. Just listen to "GULTY TOO" and you,ll monder why you bothered buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Release me, 5 Nov 2012
Mrs. Patricia Caddell (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
I bought this for my Husband he loved it worth buying if you are a fan which he is and so am I

5.0 out of 5 stars Release Me, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
Another great CD from Barbra Streisand smooth style and a well balanced song mix highly recomended to followers of this great artist

3.0 out of 5 stars Release Me. Streisand, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
I bought this at the request of my brother for his birthday, who is a great fan. He thoroughly enjoyed it and was very pleased. I was a little annoyed that it took a while to arrive as I hadn't realised it was a US import.

3.0 out of 5 stars Release Me, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
I have more music from gay icons than many of may gay colleagues. Good live version with typical Babs production values. I think the Concert and the Essential Babs are better albums

3.0 out of 5 stars Release Me, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
Rather a strange CD, not up to her usual standard I feel and perhaps somewhat over priced for what it is.

2.0 out of 5 stars Release me, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
Sorry I should know better. This cd was terrible. All noise and screeching. I'll never forget Barbra's great songs and voice but I'll never play this lot again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly and Tremendously Dreadful!, 26 Oct 2012
A note to Ms. Streisand:

We understand that you are now past the age where we can hope to have any more releases on a par with your past work. But please please PLEASE don't do this to your career!

These tracks were, by your own admission, not fit to see the light of day when they were originally produced. Just because you need money, and just because modern technology can correct and disguise what was actually substandard product to begin with doesn't mean that your rejects and discards should be sonically tweaked and labeled as "lost treasures" and dangled in front of your loyal fanbase.

Your "threat" that there could be several more of these releases scares us. Now that you are in your declining years, PLEASE don't stain your career by sinking to such depths as this. The so-called "Vault" from which these so-called "treasures" were unearthed should have an armed guard posted 24 hours a day, refusing to allow anyone to enter! The guard should be given instructions to shoot anyone who intends to dupe the public into thinking that these are actual "performances" when in fact they are splicings of multiple uncompleted sessions, the tapes from which have been sonically washed and fanatically edited so that they can appear to be something they are not, which is actually true of most of your catalog, come to think of it.

It's sad that you couldn't have just SANG like almost any other singer of your generation, instead of constanty giving out with these misleading laboratory-doctored tracks to a fanbase that has supported you and made you a rich woman and who, frankly, deserve a hell of a lot better than what they have been getting for their hard-earned money!

Lock the Vault and throw away the key!

No more "Lost treasures!"

PLEASE!