5.0 out of 5 stars Barbra releases it all
Published 22 months ago by arcid63

3.0 out of 5 stars release me
I have always thought that there is a good reason why some tracks do not make it on to an album
this album proves that.
Published 22 months ago by N Osborne

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbra releases it all, 17 Nov 2012
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
Just when you thought you had heard all you could hear from our beloved Babs... here comes this lovely collection of some of her hidden gems which for a reason or another couldn't be released at the time she recorded them. My favourite track is the Randy Neuman penned "I Think It's Going To Rain Today" but all the songs are worth more than a listening and an appreciation. Highly recommended and hopefully looking forward to getting a volume 2, should Barbra decide to release some more unissued stuff in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Streisand in her prime, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
Having got everything she's ever released this new album is a coup as it reminds you of just how great Streisand was in her prime.Powerful, dramatic and very much the most sensational of voices in full range. I shall be listening to this for many years to come. I play all her albums regularly anyway and for me, this is a perfect companion to my collection. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbra does it again - fabulous, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
Absolutely fantastic album - beautiful voice. Barbra is the best. I could listen to her sing all day. Have waited for this album to be released ever since I knew it existed. I am not disapointed. Thank you Barbra.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing barbra, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
i have every one of BARBRAS records
been collecting since i was sixteen, im now **,
what a fantastic album,home from the wiz is one of my favourite songs,
and to have the greatest singer ever singing it is a pure pleasure,
if your a fan this is a must .
thank you BARBRA you have made my life a happy one.xx.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent previously unreleased material, 15 Jun 2014
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
I have bought plenty of Barbra's music through the years, more than a dozen different albums, some twice because I bought them first on vinyl and later on CD. However, I'm not a diehard fan and I don't routinely look for her new releases, so it isn't surprising that I missed this one upon its initial release. I found it by accident while reviewing a Larry Gatlin album, I was surprised but delighted to find that Barbra had recorded Try to win a friend, and instinctively knew that it would be worth listening to. So it is, along with the rest of this collection.

I see that some customers are disappointed but I fail to see why. Most of the tracks are typical of those that Barbra normally records - only the Gatlin song is outside her usual areas. Such songs as Didn't we, Willow weep for me and I think it's going to rain today are exactly the kind of songs most people would expect from Barbra.

I get the impression that Barbra had plenty of unreleased material to choose from, and if so, she wasn't exactly scraping the barrel. (There have been cases of barrel-scraping involving other artists, mostly dead ones.)

I am most impressed by the selection here and look forward to another volume sometime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparkling Streisand, 8 Oct 2012
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
An amazing offering from an amazing artiste. Barbra never fails to deliver music and songs that are top of their class. Her recordings, spanning an exceptional 50 plus years, have been a constant companion through my life. Her "Happening in Central Park" album was the first that I ever purchased as a teenager. Her voice, her extraordinary talent is, for me, beyond compare. This cd is a joy - and the fact she she has personally picked these tracks to re-visit adds to this album's charm and delight. A must-purchase for all Streisand fans. You won't be disappointed! Thank you, Barbra ... and here's to the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
Being a big Streisand fan,to me she can do no wrong,A must for all fans.A great album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
She is the best ever vocalist no need to say more

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant service, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
excellent stuff-cd came in great condition-almost brand new! Will definitely use again as so pleased. Cd itself is a great selection of outakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Release Me (Audio CD)
I have been playing this 2-3 times daily since buying it . Streisand's early stuff is really brilliant and this does not disappoint . This is a real Gem in my opinion . I am an obsessed Streisand fanatic........I can never get enough Babs !

Release Me