5.0 out of 5 stars Great
After buying a cheap pice of crap that I had to send back as it broke in the un boxing procedure, this felt like a good buy and when it arrived... Well... I was right...

Published 13 months ago by Mihai Boc

The lightning connector was faulty, it kept stopping charging, had to wiggle it about to reconnect all the time.
I returned the item and was refunded no problem.
Having said that, I was probably just unlucky to get a faulty one as overall it felt like a good quality item.
Published 3 months ago by kenny

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Griffin PowerJolt 2.1 Amp In-Car Charger with Apple Lightning Tip for iPhone/iPod/iPad - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

The build quality is excellent. It looks and feels like a top quality product and I've been using it on a daily basis for some time now and never had any issues with it. Frankly I don't expect to ever have an issue with it...

Buy with confidence as you will not regret.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, except for bright light., 23 Feb 2014
Does exactly what it's supposed to do, reaching comfortably from the power socket near the gear stick of my VW Tiguan to the phone mount at the top of the dashboard. Very little protrudes from the socket, which is just what I wanted as I didn't want to put up with a long charger stuck out and getting in the way. It's very secure in the socket, I've had no sign of it trying to wiggle its way out.

But why have such a bright light? It is such a distraction, particularly so in the dark. We also have an older version of this with the old 30-pin Apple connector and the light level of that is much lower. I didn't want to have to send back an otherwise perfect for my needs device, so I've overcome the problem with a circle of black electrical tape over the exposed end, which dulls the light to a very low level and is hardly noticeable. Deal with that Griffin and you'd have had 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good charger, 19 May 2014
Mr. M. Hutchison (England) - See all my reviews
This is a great charger, well built a little more money than most but by the time you have bought 3-4 cheap ones which always go wrong, you really should buy this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good charger unit but measure carefully, 21 Feb 2014
This is a good well-built car charger that works perfectly. However, do measure the length of cable that you need as the coil structure is strong (it will try to spring back) and it may not be long enough to comfortably connect to your phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars I was probably just unlucky to get a faulty one as overall it felt like a good quality item, 26 Aug 2014
I returned the item and was refunded no problem.
The connector into the power socket felt nice and sturdy and the coil lead was quite heavy duty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Working After 6 Months, 24 Jun 2014
Worked well for 6 months, than just stopped. I went for a good branded product and I am very careful about stretching the cable etc, so was very disappointed when it stopped working.

On the positive side Amazon were amazing, and after I contacted them they dispatched a replacement straight away. Fantastic customer service

4.0 out of 5 stars Two Versions. One With Stiff Contacts. But, Works Well., 24 Sep 2014
I bought two a few months back. One didn't work, so I returned it. I just got around to ordering another.

The first one was Powerjolt SE Lightening, 2013, Model MOD-36547 output 2.1amps
The second replacement was Powerjolt SE, 2010, P2054, output 2.1amps

The 2010 edition seem to have very stiff metal contact strips on the edge of the device. initially my wide said it did not fit. By manually pushing the contacts in and out a few times I was able to get the device into the car lighter socket. Other than this, the dimensions compared to the 2013 edition seems exactly the same, except the contacts push in and out much more easily.

This replaced a Belkin version that split apart after about a year at the lightening connector.
So far, I have found that these work very well with the iPhone 5, 5s and now 6. Having the lead in a coil is also very handy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cant give 0 stars, so 1 it is!, 19 Feb 2014
Bought this charger and it doesn't actually work! I've tried it in numerous different cars and still no luck. I threw away the packaging so can't do anything about it now which is my own fault. However it should really have worked in the first place! What a waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of money, 8 Jun 2014
This product is the worst in car charger I have ever brought. It works for about 10 seconds and then says it is not compatible with the device. Really is a complete wast of money, stay well clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger..., 29 Sep 2013
mandynolan "mandynolan" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This is a great car charger.
It works well with the iPhone 5S and charges quickly.
I have also got the previous version for the old connector and that has lasted years....so I'm hopeful that this one will too....
Its well made, fits well into the socket, fits the lightning connection well on the phone too....and most importantly charges quickly.....
Its well worth getting one of these for the days when you forget to charge your phone overnight....I'm never without one in the car....